Beth/ Paris Heart

Gay marriages in Calif.

32 posts in this topic

So since gay marriges are going to be legal in California, do you think USICS will see petitions for K1 filers living in California?? And if a foreign national come to California marry a U.S. citizen, go back to their country,can the gay couple file for K3 or a CR-1 to come to U.S. to live with their "spouse". :idea:

Lets see if these get processed as quickly as the K1 petitioners at VSC.

Will be be more waiting at USCIS for us K3 and CR-1 filers??

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
So since gay marriges are going to be legal in California, do you think USICS will see petitions for K1 filers living in California?? And if a foreign national come to California marry a U.S. citizen, go back to their country,can the gay couple file for K3 or a CR-1 to come to U.S. to live with their "spouse". :idea:

I think they will be called gayrriges.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

the US does not recognize marriage between fagots for immigration purposes.

See the DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act).

Edited by desert_fox

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

I think they will be called gayrriges.

I'm truly interested to see the first case of the couple that applies to USCIS for a K1 petition .

Going to be interesting!!!!!!

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Timeline
So since gay marriges are going to be legal in California, do you think USICS will see petitions for K1 filers living in California??

:blink: i didn't even think about that until i read this. somebody will try it.

so how do you really feel about gay marriages? :P

7yqZWFL.jpg

So since gay marriges are going to be legal in California, do you think USICS will see petitions for K1 filers living in California??

:blink: i didn't even think about that until i read this. somebody will try it.

so how do you really feel about gay marriages? :P

I've never thought of it till I saw it on the news today.

But if they can marry in California, why cant they apply at USCIS for K1 petitions and etc????? The processing system already does not make sence, but who knows what will happen.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Immigration is Federal Jurisdiction. I think the country that the would-be immigrant is from would also have to recognize gay marriage.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Immigration is Federal Jurisdiction. I think the country that the would-be immigrant is from would also have to recognize gay marriage.

That is a very good point Kevin & Tuyen, very good point.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

But if they can marry in California, why cant they apply at USCIS for K1 petitions and etc????? The processing system already does not make sence, but who knows what will happen.

I guess I can tell you again....The US govt DOES NOT recognize same sex marriages for immigration purposes. The Defense of Marriage Act (A federal law binding upon the USCIS), defines marriage as only between a man and a woman.,

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

I guess I can tell you again....The US govt DOES NOT recognize same sex marriages for immigration purposes. The Defense of Marriage Act (A federal law binding upon the USCIS), defines marriage as only between a man and a woman.,

Okay, you told us again, thanks.

Come up with a interesting topic then.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Okay, you told us again, thanks.

Come up with a interesting topic then.

This is an "off topic" discussion. Read any petition instructions for the simple answer. USCIS would deny the petition and happily keep any fees. End of story. NOT interesting, IMO.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

The moment California legalises gay marriage then the homosexuals will be able to build a case on grounds of discrimination for the overturning of federal law regulations in this instance .... there will definately be issues in this arena.

It only takes one Cali ** to meet a Euro ** (where gay marriage is legal in a few countries) and CSC are going to have their hands full of 'shirtlifting' petitions ..... however, their petition packets will probably very well thought out and colorful.

I wonder if they will have to discuss how they met etc at their interviews??? .... was it in a park?? ..... on a ** website ??? or was it in a gentlemans public bathroom ??

Edited by KipandSarahJayne

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The moment California legalises gay marriage then the homosexuals will be able to build a case on grounds of discrimination for the overturning of federal law regulations in this instance .... there will definately be issues in this arena.

It only takes one Cali ** to meet a Euro ** (where gay marriage is legal in a few countries) and CSC are going to have their hands full of 'shirtlifting' petitions ..... however, their petition packets will probably very well thought out and colorful.

I wonder if they will have to discuss how they met etc at their interviews??? .... was it in a park?? ..... on a ** website ??? or was it in a gentlemans public bathroom ??

It's really simply folks. As soon as the USCIS adjudicator sees that Kim and Chris are the same gender, the petition will be summarily denied. I'm sure they already have standard wording ready for the denial as they've seen many already. (and long before the MA Supreme Court action)

Some things are actually pretty simple.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.