7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I applied SSN february 22,2008. 2 weeks after not recive SS card yet. Go back to SSA office march 19, 2008 for follow-up that no SScard recieve yet and its almost a month already. Then the lady said from the SSA, they sent the card already. but no card show up until now. Will, i have my SSN already printed out by the lady from the SSA office but i have NO card. I did ask the lady that can she make me another SS card and she said i need to have my green card first den they can issue me a new one.

Q. Does anybody here have had experienced too as what i had experience about the SS card?

Q. What do you think, where my SS card?

Q. is it lost?

Q. How about if somebody using my SS# den i dont know?

Q. How can i trace-up that where's my SS card goes?

Pls. anybody here can tell me. thnks

AOS/EAD

o5-29-08--SENT THE AOS PACKAGE TO USCIS

o5-31-08--Item was delivered at 5:35 AM in CHICAGO, IL 60680.

o6-04-08--USCIS recieved the AOS and EAD package

o6-10-08--AOS and EAD NOA date

o6-14-08--Recieved a AOS and EAD notice for Biometric on June 24, 2008

o6-24-08--AOS and EAD Biometrics done today! @ 9:00 a.m in West Palm Fl.

o6-24-08--AOS and EAD touch!

o6-25-08--AOS and EAD touch!

o7-08-08--AOS case transfered to CSC

o7-11-08--AOS case pending at CSC

o8-07-08--EAD Card Production Ordered today!CRIS

o8-14-08--AOS touched

o8-15-08--Email from CRIS Welcoming for a new resident in the USA

o8-15-08--Email from CRIS EAD notice approval

o8-15-08--EAD card arrived in the mail, EAD was approved in 70 days.

o8-18-08--Received hard copy of WELCOME LETTER as a new resident in the USA

o8-25-08--GREEN CARD Card Production Ordered

o8-29-08--AOS Approved! without Interview

o9-02-08--Received GREEN CARD with out INTERVIEW, with out RFE.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Well, first of all it is good that you HAVE a SSN at all, even if it is just the printout for now. I would assume that the card got lost in the mail and in that case it is close to impossible to track it down, since they don't send it certified or registered mail.

I am not sure though why cou wouldn't be able to get a replacement card for the lost one. I know I got a new card after I got my greencard but that was only to remove that remark about the work authorisation.

I would go back after a little while and just ask for a replacement card.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Did you use your maiden name to apply for the SSN? If with your maiden name, then a similar thing happened to us. We went to the SSA a few days after our wedding and I was able to apply for my SSN, no problems. They said the card should be sent to me in a week. 2 weeks later, still nothing so we went back to the SSA and just asked for the number so we could add it to our AOS paperwork. 3 weeks rolled around and still nothing so we went back.

The SSA employee said it's possible that USPS didn't deliver the card because it had my maiden name and since they know that the main residents at our place use my now married name, the USPS delivery person refused to put it into our mailbox in case it's the incorrect place. :( She said that the card would have been returned to their Baltimore office - to be destroyed.

And with our concerns of identity theft, we asked if there was ANY WAY for them to tell us that this is in fact what happened and that they can ensure that a) nobody just randomly took it from our mailbox or B) it was in fact lost in transit. But unfortunately she said there's no way in finding that out because they supposedly get thousands of it. Oh, fun!

She was able to re-order a new one for me and we requested that we pick it up at their office instead rather than re-sending it to our home where USPS will probably do the same thing.

They should be able to re-order a card for you - they already have a number for you!

Edited by patriciaofoz
swagbucks-173x63.jpg

Hi thanks for your reply.The lady from SSA said they cannot issue me a new one coz my I-94 was already expired. Prossible the USPS refused to put the card to our mail box becoz on the day i applied for my SS#. My husband applied also for replacement at the same time. and i did use my maiden name also.the address that i used is my husband's address too. So you got a point. Before 2 weeks come from the date we applied and replacement for my hubby, He recieved his SS card while mine nothing in there.

So maybe the USPS return my SS card to the SSA office and the officers from the SSA office distroy my card.

I hope so and not true that someone using my SS#.

I did use my maiden name for my SS becoz our marriage certificate at that time was not release yet.

Edited by kjw

AOS/EAD

o8-14-08--AOS touched

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I can't understand why your I-94 being expired be a reasonable reason as to why they wouldn't re-issue you a new card. It's not like they're giving you a NEW number. It would be the same as a USC asking for a replacement card had they lost theirs. Right? Geez. I don't get SSA sometimes - they're a complicated bunch ;)

Well, good luck. Maybe go back in a week and try again. I find that depending on the SSA clerk that serves us, they seem to have different answers for our questions (how is that possible? who knows!). Did they at least say that the number they originally gave you is still valid? I would think so since you only get ONE SSN for the rest of your life...

I'm baffled.

swagbucks-173x63.jpg

I can't understand why your I-94 being expired be a reasonable reason as to why they wouldn't re-issue you a new card. It's not like they're giving you a NEW number. It would be the same as a USC asking for a replacement card had they lost theirs. Right? Geez. I don't get SSA sometimes - they're a complicated bunch ;)

Well, good luck. Maybe go back in a week and try again. I find that depending on the SSA clerk that serves us, they seem to have different answers for our questions (how is that possible? who knows!). Did they at least say that the number they originally gave you is still valid? I would think so since you only get ONE SSN for the rest of your life...

I'm baffled.

Hi,

O.K i let you understand y my I-94 being expired. I arrived in the states Dec. 12,2008. We got married feb.21,2008. apply for SSN feb.22,2008, my 90 days/I-94 march 12,2008 will be expired, went back to SSA to follow-up the card march 19,2008, they did not re-issue me a new one becoz they need my green card but i dont have.Thats y she only give me a printed out SS detailed in my maiden name with my SS#. At the same day feb.22,2008, my hubby usc applied also for his SS card replacement. After the 2 weeks waiting time to recieve my card and the card of my hubby, Only my hubby's card was arrived. and mine was gone. So wondering that where's my card goes.

AOS/EAD

o8-14-08--AOS touched

• 2 weeks later...

yes the sso well not change your maiden name on your ssn card until you show them your greencard from uscis ! :thumbs:

K-I

129-F VSC 05/31/07

NO1  06/4/07

NO2  11/ 5/07

Interview  01/ 4/08

Visa Recieve  01/11/08

POE DI to ROC 01/15/08

AOS

Packet sent IL. 04/11/09

Bio. Appoint. 05/ 12/08

Card Production 7/17/08

Green Card recieve 07/ 24/08

REMOVING OF CONDITION

Sent packet VSC 4/19/10

NOA Recieve 5/01/10

Biometric 05/28/10

Card production 7/1/10

10 years greencard 7/12/10

N-400 Time Line June 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.