VictoriaUSA

Fiance received 221g in Casa, what next?!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My fiance received the 221g from his interview in Casa from the blonde lady. After reading several posts, I am clueless as to whether I need to start fighting this now, contacting senators, etc or if I am supposed to just wait until he gets a phone call first.

He did great on his interview, had all proof she asked for, and there was only slight confusion over one question which he was able to explain.

She did NOT ask him for 134 sponsorship document.

Also, is it true that they will call him to get a visa, but only send a letter with no phone call if the answer is no? I am in Casa with him now and need advice badly as to what to do next.

Please help!

المغرب بلد جميل!

أدرس اللغة العربية منذ شهر

LOL!!!!

Hello there,

No this is not a fun matter no matter how you look at it. Ok basically it sounds to me like he passed his interview, which is GREAT. BE THANKFUL THAT THE CASE IS NOT BEING SENG BACK TO USCIS for question of relationship validity.

Ok, now that you know to be a bit more relieved, what you need to do is get yourself the DOS number (posted here, just do a search on VJ for "dos number". This is basically your main contact during AP because the embassies hardly answer and actually thats understandable because until the security checks are done, there's nothing much they can tell you.

Contacting senators bascially gets some attention on the case but doesn't quicken it, as the security checks go at the pace that they go depending on the agency.

So the way we look at it is, if you have from 1-4 months in AP, it is typical and pretty good time period which I mean by is that you are quite lucky if it is in that range.

Most MENA people get 6 months + AP because of the common names, etc. My husband is well over the 6 months so I can attest to that. Sometimes you get lucky and its quick, maybe 2-5 weeks, Insha-Allah this will be your case, a short AP. But if you see that it is over 6 months, don't fret, they ARE working on your case, its NOT forgotten and they DO contact the applicant as soon as results are in. I found proof of that when my husband's first round of security checks were cleared, he was call immediately so I know they don't sit around for too long after AP is cleared. BUT if you get another hit or the checks have expired (as in our case) then expect more waiting. I don't know how to comfort you as I am in a pretty bad situation myself. I still have no word from anywhere and my husband's medical is about to expire.

Only God knows what will happen and the best time for things to happen.

Call DOS bi-monthly, preferrable Thursdays which is when updates come AND DON'T GIVE UP. It's by far one of the hardest and most painful things to go through, I admit, but there IS an end to it. Right now, I too feel like they will never issue this visa or do it when I turn 95 but there is hope as clearances do get issued and so do visas.

The embassy will call your husband as soon as they recieve clearance so wait for that call. Its usually at 2am that you get the wonderful call...still waiting for that!

I will pray for you as I pray for my husband to get out of AP and to recieve his visa.

With love

Tammy :star:

Edited by tammy2688

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.