Jandy

AOS receipt number ...wrong

6 posts in this topic

Hi everybody :hehe:

I don't think people have experienced this, but this is how it went...

Our AOS receipt number on the notice was (as an example) MSC1237509. When we tried to check the status of I-765 and I-130, both showed up. But for the AOS, it didn't . Then we thought of switching 3 and 5 as MSC1257309, and the case showed up. All 3 forms were touched at the same time ...so we thought that, even though they switched the numbers for AOS receipt number, they were still processing our case.

We got RFE later on, then we sent them back, and then they received it. Then we tried to reenter the real AOS receipt number. And this time it showed up. So the last time they touched our I-765 and the real AOS receipt number was a couple of days after receiving the RFE (so April 10th, 2008)

But lately they haven't touched those 2....but they went back touching the wrong AOS receipt number (May 7 and 8)...so now we are wondering if their having switched those 2 numbers might have done something to our case .... :unsure:

we are going to call them tomorrow...but any advice or thought about this will be appreciated

Thank you

Searching for a number that isn't printed on your NOA is just going to show you someone elses case. They won't have switched your receipt number in any way. If MSCx3x5 is your number, and then you search for MSCx5x3 then you're looking at someone elses case, not yours. They may not update your case on the online status tool, but they wont change the number half way through the process.

K-1 Visa Process.

===========

See my timeline

AOS Process

========

01/23/08 - AOS Package mailed to Chicago Lockbox

01/25/08 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765 and I-131

02/15/08 - Biometrics for I-485 and I-765

02/18/08 - I-485 transferred to CSC

02/21/08 - I-485 & I-765 touched

03/11/08 - I-131 approved

03/18/08 - I-765 approved

03/19/08 - EAD arrives

03/20/08 - AP arrives

03/27/08 - I-485 touched

04/11/08 - I-485 touched (case received at CSC)

04/13/08 - I-485 touched

06/07/08 - I-551 Card production ordered

06/13/08 - Welcome Letter arrives

06/16/08 - I-551 Card arrives

Hi everybody :hehe:

I don't think people have experienced this, but this is how it went...

Our AOS receipt number on the notice was (as an example) MSC1237509. When we tried to check the status of I-765 and I-130, both showed up. But for the AOS, it didn't . Then we thought of switching 3 and 5 as MSC1257309, and the case showed up. All 3 forms were touched at the same time ...so we thought that, even though they switched the numbers for AOS receipt number, they were still processing our case.

We got RFE later on, then we sent them back, and then they received it. Then we tried to reenter the real AOS receipt number. And this time it showed up. So the last time they touched our I-765 and the real AOS receipt number was a couple of days after receiving the RFE (so April 10th, 2008)

But lately they haven't touched those 2....but they went back touching the wrong AOS receipt number (May 7 and 8)...so now we are wondering if their having switched those 2 numbers might have done something to our case .... :unsure:

we are going to call them tomorrow...but any advice or thought about this will be appreciated

Thank you

There is almost always a delay in online-tracking (Receipt numbers not showing up for a period of time). Changing numbers around will really only result in plugging in someone else's receipt number. Best advice is track the number(s) on your I-765(s) and no others. You've responded to the RFE - they've received it, if all goes well, you'll be right back on track. :thumbs:

Thank you

Jandy,

Yes they do make mistakes. When I received our cancelled check, the MSC numbers on the back did not work. Neither did the one on the only NOA we received. (we never received two like we should have).

After a call to their 800 number, and a visit to the local office, everything was cleared up.

Good luck with your phonecall.

AOS Timeline

11/29/07 - Fedex'd to Lockbox (Chicago)

12/3/07 - Delivery confirmation..........

12/21/07 - Checks cashed!!!

01/10/08 Paper NOA1 for daughter received - Postmarked 12/20/07

MSC# on back of check doesn't match MSC# on NOA.

01/31/08 Still no news for wife. All three numbers still come up red on-line.

02/26/08 Called USCIS 800 number. Very friendly and helpful individual and supervisor.

Found out correct MSC numbers. Also found out that we missed the Bio!

We never received any appointment letter. (Originally set for January)

Went to local support office and asked about re-scheduling the Bio. Very nice manager at the office

did our Bio then and there, without having to wait since they were not busy.

April 8 and still waiting.......

May 11....and waiting, and waiting...not even a touch.

May 24 received NOA2 appointment for Interview for 30 July. Web page still not updated.

July 30 - Interview. APPROVED. Green card will be sent.

9/12/08 Called USCIS asking where GC's are?

10/15/08 Get letter from USCIS that GC's were sent August 8. Never received them.

10/20/08 Sent forms and $740 for two new GC's.

11/7/08 Received confirmation of receipt for new GC's.

11/12/08 Received BIO appointment.

11/25/08 Bio done.

Waiting, waiting, waiting

January 2009 finally received GC!

May 3 2010 Filed for Removal of Conditions.

June 21 Bio appointment.

August 11 Approval letter. No Interview.

August 21 - 10 Year card received.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

The fact that the number doesn't work doesn't mean that USCIS made a mistake.

Not all numbers are put on the online system and if they are they are not updated everyday. As an example, we applied in July 07 and I yet have to see my I-485 online, and there was only one touch on my I-130.

Unless you see a change of numbers in the notices you receive you shouln't worry about it.

Oh and as the people above said: don't try to change the numbers on your case to find something, it won't be the correct information.

Edited by Cécy

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.