RaspberrySwirl

Looking to buy an LCD monitor for my PC

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

Lisa, I had to LOL at your husband's Star Trek comment. :lol::lol::lol:

I would really love to see that projection monitor, though. That sounds so cool!

I also love the monitor they had in Minority Report. I'd be shuffling icons all over the place just for giggles!

Oh, another example of how classy a geek my husband is. He bought this two months ago and told me it was really cool. He happily fixed it in, and then turned on the faucet. I have to admit, initially I was a little perturbed by blue running water while I washed the dishes. It just looked weird, lol. After a week I had to ask him to remove it because I couldn't wash bigger pots without them banging against the light. :lol:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/8122/

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh btw before this thread goes all spacey :P We both bought an Acer 19" LCD monitor from a computer store nearby.

They had one of those Acer Ferrari 20.3" ones set up for a gaming event. Wayyy cool.

Filed: Timeline
Lisa, I had to LOL at your husband's Star Trek comment. :lol::lol::lol:

I would really love to see that projection monitor, though. That sounds so cool!

I also love the monitor they had in Minority Report. I'd be shuffling icons all over the place just for giggles!

Actually that was it...he said Minority Report. Then he started to condescend to me saying 'could you TOUCH icons on this fake monitor of yours? '

Seriously, i know it sounds crazy, but these lights just projected up like maybe 10-15 inches from the base. I know the more I describe it, the more ridiuclous it seems, but I KNOW WHAT I SAW DAMNIT!

hah!

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

ROFLMAO your husband is hilarious, Lisa !!! HAHAHAHA. Why do I get the feeling he's not really a geek? :lol:

I can definitely picture what you are describing. I think Hollywood may have created something similar in a movie or a TV series. For the life of me, though, I just cannot remember which movie!

Oh btw before this thread goes all spacey :P We both bought an Acer 19" LCD monitor from a computer store nearby.

They had one of those Acer Ferrari 20.3" ones set up for a gaming event. Wayyy cool.

Ooooooooooooooooooooh nice! Don't you just love new toys?! :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline
ROFLMAO your husband is hilarious, Lisa !!! HAHAHAHA. Why do I get the feeling he's not really a geek? :lol:

I can definitely picture what you are describing. I think Hollywood may have created something similar in a movie or a TV series. For the life of me, though, I just cannot remember which movie!

Ooooooooooooooooooooh nice! Don't you just love new toys?! :thumbs:

I'm tellin ya it was a catalog!

Oh and never doubt D's geekiness. He doesn't look like one, but omG he is!

Hi folks,

FWIW, Kyle & I have bought quite a lot of stuff from both New Egg and Tiger Direct and also eCost. They've all proved to be reliable suppliers, for us at least.

My 19" monitor is a 'Gem GM-190B' and I'm really pleased with it. The box doesn't take up much space, of course, and it has nice clean simple lines. The display itself is excellent, particularly considering the price. We bought mine online at eCost although I had already checked it out at our local Frys Electronics and it was as good as, and better than, a lot of the monitors that cost quite a lot more.

eCost often have special offers - actually their 'Bargain Countdown' section is fairly addictive - Right now they've got the same 'Gem' at $269 with a $70 mail in rebate offer that brings the price back down to $169. Here's the link in case you want to see it. Just one thing though ... make sure you're better organised than us ... we've failed to send rebate forms off in time on more than one occasion!! :crying:

All the best,

Sheila

Edited by Tex'n'Brit

All the best,

Sheila

(AKA Brit)

=======================================

Jun 01-2005: I-129F is at TSC

Sep 21-2005: K-1 Visa!

Oct 16-2005: Moved To DFW!

Oct 23-2005:
Wedding!