licianne

No Touch After Biometrics

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

When we did the I-751, our case was touched after biometrics. We did the biometrics for the N-400 on 4/29/08, but were never touched. Called the FBI today and they confirmed that they sent the prints back to USCIS that same day.

Is it normal not to be touched?

I-751

I-751 received at TSC: 4/05/07

NOA Date: 04/20/07

Walk-in Biometrics: 04/25/07

Transferred to VSC: 02/01/08

Transfer email received: 02/22/08

Last Touch: 02/25/08

Received e-mail "Card Production Ordered": 04/25/08

Green Card received: 05/01/08

N-400

Sent to TSC: 04/07/08

Received at TSC: 04/09/08

Check Cashed: 04/11/08

Priority Date: 04/09/08

NOA Date: 04/15/08

Biometrics Date: 04/29/08

Interview Date: 08/13/08-Passed!

Oath Letter Received: 09/11/08

Oath Ceremony: 09/24/08

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Yes it is, they haven't updated their systems in months. My case is completed and still I haven't received any notification about it since sept 2007. Don't worry, some people cannot even find their case number online at all.

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sounds like Texas is just like Nebraska, since we first sent in our I-751 application that case status message never changed since day one to notify us they received the application. It wasn't until our case was transferred to California we started seeing updates. Our N-400 had to be sent to Nebraska, hasn't changed a bit again since day one, with no updates that both include sending in a fresh copy of my wife's long delayed new green card and biometrics.

It was equally frustrating for me to call the State Department to learn about my US passport application, "check your case status on line, took 3 1/2 months when I paid the premium price for two week service. Talked to an honest officer there, they never update your case status, has also got to be true with Texas and Nebraska. I left that bookmark in my computer even three months after receiving my passport, finally, same old message. Deleted that bookmark that helped delete the frustration from my memory.

Feel it's a waste of time to check for updates. California is good though, still updating our I-751 application, though I don't know why, that is history for us, least I hope it is. Hmmm, should we be worried about that?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
When we did the I-751, our case was touched after biometrics. We did the biometrics for the N-400 on 4/29/08, but were never touched. Called the FBI today and they confirmed that they sent the prints back to USCIS that same day.

How did you contact FBI? Just curious bcos I did not know one can contact FBI for fingerprint check.

----- I-751 -----

Mailed to NSC: 04/29/07

NOA: 05/03/07

Biometrics: 05/31/07

Transferred from NSC to CSC: 04/01/08

Card Production ordered: 05/09/08

10 yr GC received: 05/16/08

----- N-400 -----

Mailed to NSC: 04/29/08

Priority Date: 05/01/08

NOA: 05/06/08

1st Biometric date: 05/22/08 - Missed due to work travel

Biometrics: 05/28/08

Interview: 07/17/08

Oath: 08/29/08 : Missed due to my vacation plans

Oath: 09/26/2008 : Hooray, citizen of this country

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

How did you contact FBI? Just curious bcos I did not know one can contact FBI for fingerprint check.

Just call 304-625-5590, and hit options 2, 5, and 3.

I-751

I-751 received at TSC: 4/05/07

NOA Date: 04/20/07

Walk-in Biometrics: 04/25/07

Transferred to VSC: 02/01/08

Transfer email received: 02/22/08

Last Touch: 02/25/08

Received e-mail "Card Production Ordered": 04/25/08

Green Card received: 05/01/08

N-400

Sent to TSC: 04/07/08

Received at TSC: 04/09/08

Check Cashed: 04/11/08

Priority Date: 04/09/08

NOA Date: 04/15/08

Biometrics Date: 04/29/08

Interview Date: 08/13/08-Passed!

Oath Letter Received: 09/11/08

Oath Ceremony: 09/24/08

Just call 304-625-5590, and hit options 2, 5, and 3.

Licianne, Hey can you tell me when you got your biometics letter? Was it the same day of your Notice of action or a few days later or a week later? My DO is in jacksonville, FL i got my NOA on 5/12/08 but no biometcis letter.

Timeline
Yes, husband got the interview date letter yesterday, and it's never been updated for biometrics. He was never updated for biometrics for the ten year PR card either.

We filed our N-400 about two weeks after you and you got the interview date letter already? Wasn't expecting to here anything for months, even years. Have that case status site bookmarked and even pops up with the receipt number, so only takes a couple of seconds to check it each morning. Those few seconds are even a waste of time. But kind of watching a pot of water on the range, a watched pot never boils.

When is your interview date scheduled?

How do you verify FBI confirmation? please help. :wacko:

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yes, husband got the interview date letter yesterday, and it's never been updated for biometrics. He was never updated for biometrics for the ten year PR card either.

We filed our N-400 about two weeks after you and you got the interview date letter already? Wasn't expecting to here anything for months, even years. Have that case status site bookmarked and even pops up with the receipt number, so only takes a couple of seconds to check it each morning. Those few seconds are even a waste of time. But kind of watching a pot of water on the range, a watched pot never boils.

When is your interview date scheduled?

It's based on city though and Cleveland is one of the faster ones. It's in July.

Timeline

It's based on city though and Cleveland is one of the faster ones. It's in July.

Would be nice to get a date on a weekend, won't have to take another day off for work and the traffic isn't nearly as bad.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.