sgr

Recent VSC touches and their effect????

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Recently some of us had touches one or two in the last week?Did any one see any effect of it or had any approvals.I had two touches on my file 5/4 and 5/5 ...but no approval by mail or e mail ....

Any guess whats going on at VSC?? :dance::dance:

11/25/07 Marriage

Vermont Service center

USCIS Journey CR1/IR1

01/06/08 Sent I-130

01/08/08 I-130 received at chicago lock box (USPS)

02/08/08 NOA1 Notice Date

02/12/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy

08/11/08 Received approval email (after 7 months and 3 days...Waiting)

08/15/08 Received NOA2 hardcopy

NVC Journey

08/13/08 NVC case# assigned

08/19/08 DS-3032 e mail sent and got auto response

08/20/08 Received IIN#(one nice rep gave me number)

08/22/08 paid I-864 bill online

08/23/08 I-864 bill status "PAID" online(saturday) but AVR message says " case number assigned ....blah

08/23/08 Printed out I-864 package online and Barcode sheet

08/25/08 I-864 package sent overnight

08/25/08 DS3032 Hardcopy sent by express mail (Hopefully they accept it ..But AVR says AOS fee received/paid on 08/23/08)

08/26/08 I-864 package received per USPS

08/28/08 I-864 package entered into NVC system

08/27/08 NVC accepted DS-3032 (But AVR does not say that)

08/28/08 IV bill generated ( still AVR does NOT say that) but online INVOICE says "NOT PAID"

08/28/08 IV bill paid online "IN PROCESS" status

08/29/08 IV bill "PAID" status (AVR says , they received DS3032)

08/29/08 DS-230 generated

09/02/08 DS-230 and required documents mailed

09/03/08 DS-230 form arrives at NVC per usps

09/04/08 DS-230 information entered into NVC system

09/15/08 CASE COMPLETE(32 days no RFE)

10/15/08 sent to consulate

11/10/08 Medical PASSED

11/18/08 Interview....VISA GRANTED ...

US..

11/29/08 ..POE at Houston

12/15/08 ..Welcome letter

12/16/08 ..SSN received

12/29/08 Green card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Recently some of us had touches one or two in the last week?Did any one see any effect of it or had any approvals.I had two touches on my file 5/4 and 5/5 ...but no approval by mail or e mail ....

It used to be (and perhaps still is) the case that touches in and of themselves were relatively meaningless. All it meant was that someone had wanded your folder, or you had called in and asked for a status update - which might generate a "system" touch. The correlation between touches and imminent approvals was tenuous at best and you could see many touches that really led to nothing. On the CSC side, however, they are having problems generating system e-mails or updating their system status once approvals come in. This is a recent problem. There were two examples of touches last week, with no update to the website or USCIS e-mail notice of approval - with the NOA2 being received in the mail. I cannot say whether the same thing is going on at the VSC, but it would be worth your while to keep an eye on the mailbox.

Your best guide is to be patient and wait for those around you to start receiving their approvals - at that point you can pretty much assume the touch is significant. Good luck!!

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It used to be (and perhaps still is) the case that touches in and of themselves were relatively meaningless. All it meant was that someone had wanded your folder, or you had called in and asked for a status update - which might generate a "system" touch. The correlation between touches and imminent approvals was tenuous at best and you could see many touches that really led to nothing. On the CSC side, however, they are having problems generating system e-mails or updating their system status once approvals come in. This is a recent problem. There were two examples of touches last week, with no update to the website or USCIS e-mail notice of approval - with the NOA2 being received in the mail. I cannot say whether the same thing is going on at the VSC, but it would be worth your while to keep an eye on the mailbox.

Your best guide is to be patient and wait for those around you to start receiving their approvals - at that point you can pretty much assume the touch is significant. Good luck!!

IF you are familiar at all with the ####### going on at VSC since most of us have been waiting (sept, oct, nov. dec.) then you know there is NO method to VSC madness and thus paying attention to those around us getting approved only falsefies hope.

I wish we were so lucky to see the system move as it is supposed to be moving.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I agree I have been waiting till sept 7th 07. Got a touch RFE on month 7 after I called. Actual date April 7. They received response on april 23 and I got a touch april 28 then nothing.

Got a touch today at 6pm at 4pm still said april 28th. I will tell you if I get something in the mail or whatever. I emailed my congressman as many have suggested on friday. What a minute called USCIS on friday and got a RFE on Monday. Emailed my congressman on friday and got a touch Monday at 6pm???? Think I am getting lucky finally? If so I will play the lotto. Otherwise I think no one has a clue what is going at Vermont. Do have to say the people I have talked to have been pleasant but not very helpful.

I agree I have been waiting till sept 7th 07. Got a touch RFE on month 7 after I called. Actual date April 7. They received response on april 23 and I got a touch april 28 then nothing.

Got a touch today at 6pm at 4pm still said april 28th. I will tell you if I get something in the mail or whatever. I emailed my congressman as many have suggested on friday. What a minute called USCIS on friday and got a RFE on Monday. Emailed my congressman on friday and got a touch Monday at 6pm???? Think I am getting lucky finally? If so I will play the lotto. Otherwise I think no one has a clue what is going at Vermont. Do have to say the people I have talked to have been pleasant but not very helpful.

Big,

Im really surprised your not approved, for a long while VSC was handking out K1 approvals like loppi pops in a dentists office.

Good luck.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline

Well I am not and still amazed. Even feb. filers are ahead of me? Maybe a lawyer I do not know or maybe just bad luck. I got touched so maybe something will happen do you know if that is good news after a RFE? I would imagine well better than nothing. I think I am getting close to the record with only on RFE and filing in

sept. 07

Timeline

From the forum I agree things were better before but I was before. My story is true hopefully you will not have the same experience. I hope to God because this wrong. mY fiance also lost her job because she was on contract for the government in Bogota and thought things would be done two months ago at least. Oh well thank you USA for having me maintain more than two households.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.