MrsAmera

Moving back to Morocco?

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

This has already been mentioned, but I was going to second the suggestion to contact AmidEast or the American Language Center in Rabat. There's also an American Language Center in Fez. I would say that it's probably more difficult to secure a position in Morocco from the United States - opportunities there just kind of fall into your lap, in my experience. I had a lot of friends search for employment while there, and most of them found something one way or another. It's also easier if you already speak French!

12/04-01/05 Gathered information for the I-129F

01/28/05 Sent I-129F

02/02/05 NOA1 Notice Date (his last name misspelled! *argh*)

02/10/05 - 02/24/05 Visiting my habiba in Morocco!

02/25/05 NOA2 Approval Notice!!!!

03/01/05 NOA2 Received in mail!

03/14/05 Received email from My case was forwarded to Morocco March 10th. Yay!

03/22/05 Youness received Packet 3

04/08/05 Medical Checkup

04/26/05 FedExed Affidavits & Stuff

04/30/05 Youness received the Affidavits

Interview Date: May 16!!

Approved!

05/20/05 Youness picks up the visa!

He arrived 8/4!

Wedding: 8/20/05

09/02/05 Received SSN, library card, and added to bank account.

09/27/05 Received marriage certificate

10/06/05 Civil Surgeon completes Vaccination Supplement

10/11/05 AOS Application mailed!

10/20/05 NOAs received for AOS, EAD, and AP.

11/07/05 Received appointment for Biometrics: 11/22

12/23/05 Received EAD/AP

02/15/06 AOS Interview!

03/16/06 Infopass appt: no green card in sight.

Mid July: Surprise! GC in the mail. We're very pleased. :)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Excellent topic. I found it late I guess, but I look forward to reading everybody's comments and ideas. This is a possibility that H and I have tossed around from time to time for the last couple of years but don't know many practical details about. I've talked to a few teachers at universities there and wonder if it might be feasible... thanks to the OP for raising this issue.

E

Me (Indiana) & Him (Fes, Morocco)

Summer 2002: Met in Morocco
Summer 2004: Began work on 129f; joined VJ rather than hiring a lawyer

I-129f Submission & Approval
Oct 19, 2004: I-129f to VSC
Oct 29: NOA2 online -- approved in 6 days, 10/23 to 10/29!

From NVC to Consulate & All the Way Home...
Nov 8, 2004: Case to Casablanca
Feb 23: Interview; CO said they'll call in 2-3 weeks
Mar 2: Casa calls; visa in hand the next day!
Mar 24: Arrival at JFK; over four hours waiting, but got an EAD
April 15, 2005: Married

AOS
Aug 10, 2005: AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago
Nov 12: AOS prints taken

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009:
EAD renewals often delayed. (?)
Info-Pass officials will say only that "other authorities" are handling our case; we eventually got our Senator's office involved
Spring 2009: A letter arrives, saying his 2005 fingerprints have expired and need to be updated. We head down to Indy and get his prints redone.
June 2009: We FINALLY get the AOS interview letter just shy of FOUR YEARS since submission of AOS application...

July 2009: after the interview, his 10-year Green Card arrives. Alle-freaking-luia.

N-400

Application in progress, 2015. We divorced in 2012 but are still good friends. E is helping organize H's application for Naturalization... fingers crossed!

How hard to pin down the truth, especially when one is obliged to see the world in slices; snapshots conceal as much as they make plain. (Rushdie, Shame)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

good point...

but sometimes I get baffled..

I know someone who is half lebanese and half yemeni... Father is yemeni mother is lebanese... I call him Lemeni... haha...

But for some reason he will only consider himself Yemeni.. I wonder what happens when the nationality crosses borders?

I think what nationality a person associates with is a separate issue.

It used to be that in Moroccan/non-Moroccan marriages, children of that union only received Moroccan nationality IF the father was the Moroccan. The law was updated last year to allow Moroccan women married to non-Moroccans to also pass down their Moroccan nationality. It doesn't matter where they live - a child born of a Moroccan automatically has Moroccan citizenship.

Rebecca

Rhouni, you have the answer for everything, O wise one... LOL :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.