ariel_2005

Rebate Checks!!!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

i am curious to know how many people here got their rebate checks with the significant other from another country like me... i've been here now in usa for almost 4 years!!! , had my ssn for over 2 years and every time we filed for taxes for some reason my

ssn was not updated with irs and would not accept the filing of taxes so they gave me a tax id number and everything worked and we got our taxes this year and last year... everything seemd fine and like everyone we were expecting a rebate check for $1800 and we checked yesterday on the irs site and says we dont qualify cause i dont have a valid ssn on my taxes wich we filed this year!!! we did everything they told us and got ripped all of this hard working money my husband does wich SUCKS!!!!... im just curious if and how many people here are in the same condition.... hope someone will reply... thanks ...Iulia ughhhh i needed to vent...

newhelmet007jpg1.jpg9GSxm8.pnglittlerocker031jpg1.jpgbKkQm7.png

3.jpg3s2lm8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Sorry to hear that! I think you should go back to the SS Office and try to resolve the problem, or get a new number assigned. If they are continually unable to link you to your SSN, then you will have a difficult time claiming SS benefits.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife/son have been here less than 1 year. SSN for son received in February. Stimulus check received last Friday.

The IRS has been saying that both married persons must file the return usning valid SSN's. If one or both used ITIN's then you are out....

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

thank u both for the input...we did called last night the irs and they say there is nothing they can do and hopefully next year when we file our taxes my ssn will be finelly updated in their system and use my ssn for good in the future and not the tax id number... also the person we talked said we might get this rebate money next year with my ssn, but we are not counting it...

it sucks because my husband and our 2 kids have ssn too and at least they should have got at least some but nope they voided all of us!....ughhhhh...

newhelmet007jpg1.jpg9GSxm8.pnglittlerocker031jpg1.jpgbKkQm7.png

3.jpg3s2lm8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

awww Iulia!! hugs! vent away girl vent away! :luv:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would think you should be able to file an amended return with your SSN, which would allow you to get the rebate... Maybe you can go to a local IRS center to file so they can see your SSN Card? If you've been here for 4 years there's no reason you shouldnt get the rebate...

Would you be willing to "vent" to a reporter from a major news network right now?

If so, please reply here directly (and please include your phone number and the same information in your original post so it can be forwarded to the reporter)

http://www.reformtherebate.com/en/contact

Thanks!