7 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I could not longer find the local office message bases so I will post this here instead of the link

We have our interview at Norfolk, Virginia

We arrived early and since neither had a watch nor was there a clock inside the place we have no idea what time we were called.

But they will not let you in more than 30 minutes before your interview :( we sat in the car for a few minutes

Most people were dress casual clothes, a few suits and a few jeans. We were dress like we were going to work in an office, or for an interview for a job :)

The lady was nice, asked the normal terrorist questions, and how we meet and how I liked peru.

She then asked for a specific item and I did not notice i had the folders backwards and could not find it quick, SO I just gave her all the evidence.

7 months of water, electric, sewer and gas bills

9months of one checking and saving account

4months of another checking and saving account

Medical, dental and life insurance papers

9 months of credit card

2 car titles and insurance papers

Statement for landlord

Current Job Statement

Current Bank statement

I think I am forgetting something but that all I can remember.

We also took a copies of the AOS packet, and a new Affidavit of support but follow the suggestions here of not giving it unless asked for since it lengthens the interview.

We also showed about 100 photos give or take of which they kept none

We were about to give her all the mail that we had received, letters from family and cards from friends and family and she said not need I have enough evidence already to determine that you will be approved.

The interview lady copied our driver licenses and Silvis military dependant ID card

She did not stamp her Passport nor did she keep any of the photos.

She told us it would take her a day or two to determine approval or not (I think it so a supervisor can examine the packet and approve it ) and to expect a letter next week as to if we got approved or not.

Well at least the interview is over now we wait to see how it went. I do not trust anyone until I see Silvia with a green card

12/31/07: Sent I-751 packet to Texas, the LONG wait begins once again!

01/03/08: Packed received.

.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good to hear you had a good interview. Did the officer tell you what recommendation they were going to make? Hope you hear some good news soon.

This must be a new policy for the Washington District to review cases and not give stamps on the date of interview.

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Timeline

She gave the immpression that it would be approved, but in the same breath also stated if she need more evidence she would contact us this week otherwise we would receive mail if aprroved or not next week

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I could not longer find the local office message bases so I will post this here instead of the link

We have our interview at Norfolk, Virginia

We arrived early and since neither had a watch nor was there a clock inside the place we have no idea what time we were called.

But they will not let you in more than 30 minutes before your interview :( we sat in the car for a few minutes

Most people were dress casual clothes, a few suits and a few jeans. We were dress like we were going to work in an office, or for an interview for a job :)

The lady was nice, asked the normal terrorist questions, and how we meet and how I liked peru.

She then asked for a specific item and I did not notice i had the folders backwards and could not find it quick, SO I just gave her all the evidence.

7 months of water, electric, sewer and gas bills

9months of one checking and saving account

4months of another checking and saving account

Medical, dental and life insurance papers

9 months of credit card

2 car titles and insurance papers

Statement for landlord

Current Job Statement

Current Bank statement

I think I am forgetting something but that all I can remember.

We also took a copies of the AOS packet, and a new Affidavit of support but follow the suggestions here of not giving it unless asked for since it lengthens the interview.

We also showed about 100 photos give or take of which they kept none

We were about to give her all the mail that we had received, letters from family and cards from friends and family and she said not need I have enough evidence already to determine that you will be approved.

The interview lady copied our driver licenses and Silvis military dependant ID card

She did not stamp her Passport nor did she keep any of the photos.

She told us it would take her a day or two to determine approval or not (I think it so a supervisor can examine the packet and approve it ) and to expect a letter next week as to if we got approved or not.

Well at least the interview is over now we wait to see how it went. I do not trust anyone until I see Silvia with a green card

Great news--sounds like you are approved.

How long was the wait from filing the AOS packet to interview? Did you apply for EAD and AP?

Timeline
Great news--sounds like you are approved.

How long was the wait from filing the AOS packet to interview? Did you apply for EAD and AP?

Mailed the 22nd of August, Noa the 26th, recieved Notice for interview teh 15 of December.

From mailing to interview 5 and a half months exactly

Filed for Ead, arrived on day 94-96 (we did not check mail for a few days)

Did not file for AP.

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congratulations. Hoping that you will be receiving the approval email soon.

12/30/1999 -marriage to a US Citizen

01/31/2005 - applied for AOS (sent documents to Chicago lockbox)

03/21/2005 - Biometrics and fingerprinting done in Norfolk

11/14/2005 - Interview letter dated November 7th is received

01/23/2006 - Interview at Washington DC - APPROVED

02/03/2006 - RECEIVED MY PERMENANT RESIDENT CARD

10/31/2008 - Filed N400 at TSC

11/04/2008 - Application Received

11/28/2008 - Fingerprinting done in Norfolk VA

02/23/2009 - Interview in Dallas TX - not enough evidence on marriage -given till 03/23/2009 to submit all the necessary documents

2009 - CITIZEN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.