sarahaziz

ME/NA ~ Changing of Lifestyles

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think good medical care is really a struggle in the ME. However I will note two experiences. I miscarried in Morocco and was incredibly sick but refused to go to the doctor for all reasons previously cited. When we were there this March with our 14 month old (at the time) he was a little out of sorts, not eating, crabby etc and I wasn't there yet. So when I did get there, we took him to my SIL's pediatrician (they are pretty well off so this was a private higher end doctor I guess) (still only cost us 300dH). Well it was basic, let's say that. And the sterilization techniques leave something to be desired. After having only been to American doctor's and hospitals (including pediatricians, ER's and my giving birth) hubby was in the same level of shock as I at the difference. Guess he had forgotten. Nothing was wrong with our son, he gave him teeth gel to "break down the mucus" supposedly and help the teeth push through. And some other stuff that is supposed to make him want to eat? It worked so I dunno!

Another SIL of mine was diagnosed recently with Hep. C - with of course no talk of how this might have occured. She had been hospitalized before for lung problems, had an IV (I think it came from the needle...and wonderful sanitation) or it could have been her jerk of a husband who may be sleeping around but whatever beside the point. Now he has to go to Casa every month (they live in Marrakech) to get the medicine, bring it to the doctor's office, and she has to go there to have it administered. Not to mention the meds cost like $500 a month.... argh so frustrating!

Hubby has a few frankensteiny scars too...

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I think good medical care is really a struggle in the ME. However I will note two experiences. I miscarried in Morocco and was incredibly sick but refused to go to the doctor for all reasons previously cited. When we were there this March with our 14 month old (at the time) he was a little out of sorts, not eating, crabby etc and I wasn't there yet. So when I did get there, we took him to my SIL's pediatrician (they are pretty well off so this was a private higher end doctor I guess) (still only cost us 300dH). Well it was basic, let's say that. And the sterilization techniques leave something to be desired. After having only been to American doctor's and hospitals (including pediatricians, ER's and my giving birth) hubby was in the same level of shock as I at the difference. Guess he had forgotten. Nothing was wrong with our son, he gave him teeth gel to "break down the mucus" supposedly and help the teeth push through. And some other stuff that is supposed to make him want to eat? It worked so I dunno!

Another SIL of mine was diagnosed recently with Hep. C - with of course no talk of how this might have occured. She had been hospitalized before for lung problems, had an IV (I think it came from the needle...and wonderful sanitation) or it could have been her jerk of a husband who may be sleeping around but whatever beside the point. Now he has to go to Casa every month (they live in Marrakech) to get the medicine, bring it to the doctor's office, and she has to go there to have it administered. Not to mention the meds cost like $500 a month.... argh so frustrating!

Well everything is soooooooo "romanitic" and interesting until something really serious happens. I was completely open to living over there before my little girl had her accident and then I watched a 30 year old friend of my husband die from absolutely nothing last year... ( some small infection) The main problem I think is pollution and sanitation. Another subject that is NOT discussed is the high level of sexually transmitted disease. With prostititution on the rise in North Africa to astonishing degrees due to sexual tourism ( this is Algeria , Morocco , Tunisia ( I dont know about Libya ) and Egypt , its no wonder that aids, hepatitis and all other kinds of things are on the rise there) Safe sex in some parts of Algeria does not exist. There are brothels all over the place and when you can get laid for 6 dollars,,, well you know what the heck the guys gonna walk out with. Add to this mix Morocco, saudi sex tourism... freaky european pedophiles and gays with aids.... North Africa has a whole lot more to deal with than just frankenstein stitching. I wonder how many visas have been stopped at the medical phase for venereal disease. I can just imagine some guy trying to explain to his American wife that um.. I didnt pass my medical and heres why.. YUCK.

All I know is that over the last 2 years, I saw a huge change in the hotels and what I experienced in Algeria. This last trip to Tunisia, I literally could not walk in the lobby of either hotel in Tunisia without tripping over prostititutes. In Algeria , in December, I went out to a supposedly "classy " new years event and there were girls dressed like they were going to a pimps and ho's party complete with boas and glitter and no underwear LOVELY

Hubby has a few frankensteiny scars too...

Well everything is soooooooo "romanitic" and interesting until something really serious happens. I was completely open to living over there before my little girl had her accident and then I watched a 30 year old friend of my husband die from absolutely nothing last year... ( some small infection) The main problem I think is pollution and sanitation. Another subject that is NOT discussed is the high level of sexually transmitted disease. With prostititution on the rise in North Africa to astonishing degrees due to sexual tourism ( this is Algeria , Morocco , Tunisia ( I dont know about Libya ) and Egypt , its no wonder that aids, hepatitis and all other kinds of things are on the rise there) Safe sex in some parts of Algeria does not exist. There are brothels all over the place and when you can get laid for 6 dollars,,, well you know what the heck the guys gonna walk out with. Add to this mix Morocco, saudi sex tourism... freaky european pedophiles and gays with aids.... North Africa has a whole lot more to deal with than just frankenstein stitching. I wonder how many visas have been stopped at the medical phase for venereal disease. I can just imagine some guy trying to explain to his American wife that um.. I didnt pass my medical and heres why.. YUCK.

All I know is that over the last 2 years, I saw a huge change in the hotels and what I experienced in Algeria. This last trip to Tunisia, I literally could not walk in the lobby of either hotel in Tunisia without tripping over prostititutes. In Algeria , in December, I went out to a supposedly "classy " new years event and there were girls dressed like they were going to a pimps and ho's party complete with boas and glitter and no underwear LOVELY

Timeline

We're definitely spoiled over here when it comes to the standard of health care, I think. If not the actual quality, then at least the appearance of quality. I caught pneumonia while we were still in Italy and I was in the hospital there for a week. I remember feeling like I was in World War II or something from the whole atmosphere. A year or so later, Wadi and I at one point had to go visit his mom in the hospital in Morocco, and it made the hospital in Italy look like a 5-star resort. There must be some hospitals somewhere in the world that make the hospital in Morocco seem lovely. I hope I never have to go to them though.

Hey if theyre checking for HIV/AIDS, Gonorrea, Syphillis, Clymidia, etc I think it's extremely helpful, before comming if treatable they can get it treated before comming here. A friend of mine always tells me you can't trust any body or their past just get them tested bec your own health is the only worthy thing that keeps you going. You'd give millions to save it.

Some advice or story sharing to anyone, me and my spouse havent had any sexual pasts with anybody before each other but to be on the safe side when we were fiance/fiancee he asked me before i came to give proof I was a virgin (i doubt that exists) or proof I have clean blood and to get tested. He also went after me and got his done there. It wasn't expensive there like 52.00 USD but here it was like 150.00 for me? anyways it put alot more trust and proof in our relationship I suggest everyone do it if pending on that decision ever comes. You rather be safe than sorry!

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Timeline

I think it would be good to point out AIDS is not only transmitted by people who are gay... pretty sure statistics show now more straight people are infected than gay.

75 percent of the new infections in women are heterosexually transmitted. (www.until.org)

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Yup, it's good to be aware even if the husbands/wives haven't had contact in that form. Hospital previously infected needles being injected or extracted can spread HIV. I don't know of it actually happening but I can guess (pray it doesn't) it happens to people. Can't trust anybody or anything.

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

If I fell gravely ill, let it be in France, Singapore, Austria and Japan, since they were amoung the top 10 countries to have the best heathcare in the world. America was around 37, not a great number, but better than Africa. :wacko:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline
I think it would be good to point out AIDS is not only transmitted by people who are gay... pretty sure statistics show now more straight people are infected than gay.

75 percent of the new infections in women are heterosexually transmitted. (www.until.org)

I think this is the main means of transmission in sub-Saharan Africa. Men go to the big cities, leaving their families behind in the villages, and have sex with prostitutes. Then they bring the infection home to their wives, who then have children.... :crying:

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Timeline

I think this is the main means of transmission in sub-Saharan Africa. Men go to the big cities, leaving their families behind in the villages, and have sex with prostitutes. Then they bring the infection home to their wives, who then have children.... :crying:

Its definitely a problem in Morocco and Algeria. If I had a dollar for every moroccan or Algerian wife that I have heard coming down with some off the wall strain of vd I d be rich.. hepatitis.. etc.

The problem is really SEX TOURISM. There were always brothels in Morocco and Algeria ( for at least 150 years) They served travellers , the french foreign legion etc. But sex tourism brought aids to Morocco and the europeans believe it or not brought the nastiest strains of VD to algeria.

Yes... they test for aids in the panels of blood work they do. There are ALOT of people in North Africa with aids or SIDA as they call it and they do not know. The sex workers in Morocco and Algeria are spreading it like wildfire and the stigma attached to aids helps it spreads. The pedophilic sex trade in Morocco ( children sold for sex ) has spread it to children... Its just not something anyone has discussed that much.

Another thing with the fall of IRAQ, the number of IRAQI young women working the sex trade in Syria has skyrocketed. United Arab Emirates has had huge numbers of new cases with the russian sex workers there..

I just feel so sorry for these women catching this from their scum bag cheating husbands

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.