afia

fiance visa

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi all,

i am planning to file a fiance visa for my fiance but there is a complication in it i met him oversea while i was in the process of getting divore overseas(pakistan), he is a friend of my brother thats how he got to know each other he supported me alot and after divorce when i was coming back to us he purposed me at the airoprt and i accepted that, but according to islami rule after divorce women has to wait certain period of time in that time she can not get marry again , i do not have pics with my fiance do u think these things would matter? plzzz reply me

thanks everyone

hi all,

i am planning to file a fiance visa for my fiance but there is a complication in it i met him oversea while i was in the process of getting divore overseas(pakistan), he is a friend of my brother thats how he got to know each other he supported me alot and after divorce when i was coming back to us he purposed me at the airoprt and i accepted that, but according to islami rule after divorce women has to wait certain period of time in that time she can not get marry again , i do not have pics with my fiance do u think these things would matter? plzzz reply me

thanks everyone

are you a pakistan woman? if not than i don't understand why would the islami rule would bother you.

yep, pics does matter.

hi all,

thanks everyone

oh, and if you are the pakistan woman, than you need to make sure you meet within past 2 years before filing the petition. it can't be longer.

.png

UURI.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
hi all,

thanks everyone

The waiting period after getting a divorce to remarry should not be a problem. The US is going to be concerned with the legal aspects of it, ie, when was the divorce finalized. As long as the divorce is legally finalized BEFORE you file the petition you should have no problems. The only requirement is that you have met once withing the last 2 years, it does not matter the circumstances of the meeting.

The pictures will come in handy when you are trying to prove an ongoing relationship at the interview stage. In most cases the CO wants to see some. At the petition stage they are not really important because they are considered secondary evidence and do not prove your meeting in the last 2 years.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

divorce got finalaized in march, i got divorce papers in my hand on march 25 ,2008 and he purposed me on march 30 2008 at the airport, i have not filed yet, yeah my concern is at the petition filing stage do they need pics, on his interview i can fly to pakistan.do u guys think it would help?

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
divorce got finalaized in march, i got divorce papers in my hand on march 25 ,2008 and he purposed me on march 30 2008 at the airport, i have not filed yet, yeah my concern is at the petition filing stage do they need pics, on his interview i can fly to pakistan.do u guys think it would help?

thanks

At the petition stage the only pictures you need are the 2x2 passport pictures of you and your fiance. We did not include any pictures of us together and we had no problems getting the petition approved.

Flying to the interview may help. I'm not sure if they let the USC in with the beneficiary for the interview in Pakistan but I am sure the Pakistani members here can help you out on that. All the same, I think you should take a few pictures when you are there and have them ready for the interview. A lot (if not most) people are asked for pictures during the interview.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.