FormerBrit

What to do when conditional GC expires?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

My conditional GC is due to expire on 1st September 2008. I am sending in my I-751 on June 2nd 2008.

I have a few questions:

What happens once the GC expires? Do I have to apply for something to show I am still legal here?

What happens if I want (or need) to travel? I have read cases where people have waited over a year to get the 10 year GC. :unsure:

Are sworn affidavits necessary when you submit the I-751? (I listed my other evidence in a previous post)

Thank you for any advice. :thumbs:

Kiki

Edited by KikiDoug

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Have you read the I-751 Guide??? http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=751guide

Have you read the FAQ?? http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-re...conditions.html

After filing I-751 USCIS will send you a recipt letter, that letter will extend the validity of your green-card for 1 year, allowing work and travel, you need to keep the letter and card together.

I-751 directions have this:

Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-751instr.pdf

"Sworn to", typically means in front of someone able to give oaths, like a notary public.

Again you may want to :guides:

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

What if you dont get this magic letter.

All we've received is the letter to get the biometrics done.

K-1 Adventure

9/04 - 2/06

Met in Peru, Engaged, Successful I-129F, K-1 interview and Married

AOS / EAD / AP and Remove Condition

3/06/06 - AOS/EAD/AP process begins

3/31/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package Fed Ex'd to Chicago

4/03/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package signed & received

4/10/06 - NOA1's received for AOS, EAD and AP via U.S. Mail

4/11/06 - All 3 checks cashed / $745.00 poorer but worth every penny

4/27/06 - Receive Biometrics appointment letter scheduled for 5/11/06

5/11/06 - Biometrics completed

6/02/06 - Receive notice that AOS only has been transferred to California to speed things along

6/07/06 - E-mail that AOS received in California

6/13/06 - Welcome letter mailed by California... yeah baby

6/17/06 - Official welcome letter received and card will arrive within 3 weeks

6/19/06 - Card arrived in the mail.......

3/08/07 - Trip back to Peru for 10 days and our Religous Wedding

3/2007 - We're Pregnant

12/19/07 - Sebastien Joshua born 8:29am 7lbs 2oz 19.5"

3/14/08 - I-751 Removing Condition is in the mail

3/20/08 - Checked cashed

3/17/08 - I-751 Package signed and received

3/24/08 - Case moved to Vermont

4/17/08 - Biometrics completed

4/21/08 - Touched...........

6/16/08 - Touched once again........

11/3/08 - Touched again.. this is begining to feel good

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
What if you dont get this magic letter.

All we've received is the letter to get the biometrics done.

Then schedule and info-pass appointment to field office and request an I-551 stamp in passport, you will need a valid passport though.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

as I mentioned in your other thread you have a tonne of evidence so I wouldn't worry about the affidavits...

Thank you Marilyn :yes:

I agree with Marilyn. But if you want, you can have a friend and a family member notarize the affidavits. Plus you might want to add some pictures.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Timeline
as I mentioned in your other thread you have a tonne of evidence so I wouldn't worry about the affidavits...

I agree with Marilyn. But if you want, you can have a friend and a family member notarize the affidavits. Plus you might want to add some pictures.

Thank you. I thought about the affidavits - they say it should be someone who has known you for at least 2 years. We moved state in January so don't really know that many people here - none that have known us for 2 years anyway, though there are plenty who could do it for us back in Virginia. My family is all in the UK and my husband's are in Alabama....is it OK if the affidavits are not made in our state?

Edited by KikiDoug

Thank you. I thought about the affidavits - they say it should be someone who has known you for at least 2 years. We moved state in January so don't really know that many people here - none that have known us for 2 years anyway, though there are plenty who could do it for us back in Virginia. My family is all in the UK and my husband's are in Alabama....is it OK if the affidavits are not made in our state?

Again, if you don't include affidavits, you will be fine. But if you want to include, yes you can use that are from out of state.

I assume you do not have children together. But if you do, adding child/children's birth certificate is a good idea.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.