FormerBrit

Sending package in soon - is this enough evidence

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everybody,

We are getting ready to send in the I-751 in on June 1st. Here is my cover letter listing the things I have put together so far. Please could you let me know if this is OK - thank you. :thumbs:

Dear USCIS examiner:

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my wife, xxxx. Please also find a check for $545, which includes the fee for this form ($465) and the biometrics services fee ($80).

My wife entered the US on a K-1 visa on January 8 2006. We were married on January 12 2006 and subsequently applied for Adjustment of Status. My wife received her Conditional Permanent Resident Card on September 1 2006. We are both happily living together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my wife, xxxx.

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

SECTION 1

• Completed form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

o Included is an additional sheet listing our current address and previous address. Also included are the dates that we lived at these addresses.

o Evidence that we completed and sent forms AR-11, Alien’s Change of Address Card and form I-865, Sponsor’s Notice of Change of Address.

SECTION 2

• Copy (front and back) of the Conditional Permanent Resident Card of xxxx.

• Copy of the I-797, Notice of Action: Welcome Notice for xxxx.

• Copy of the passport of xxxx.

• Copy of the K-1 visa of xxxx.

• Copy of the I-94 (front and back) of xxxx.

SECTION 3

• Copy of the deed of our current house at (current address) that shows us both as the current owners.

• Copy of an affidavit saying that we are first-time buyers in the state of Maryland and that we will use the property as our principal residence.

• Copy of a Deed of Trust indicating that we are the borrowers from xxx Home Loans.

• Copy of the Settlement Statement of our current house at (current address) that shows we purchased the house together in January 2008.

• Copy of a letter from the Maryland Homestead Tax Credit Division indicating that we are joint owners of our property at (current address).

• Copy of the deed of our previous house in xxx Virginia that shows we had joint ownership as of February 2006.

SECTION 4

• Copies of statements from our joint checking account with Bank of America spanning the time we got married to the present day.

• Copies of checks we have written from our joint checking account.

• Copies of our joint federal tax returns for 2006 and 2007.

• Copies of our 2007 joint real estate tax.

• Copies of husband's life insurance policy (from his previous employment at xxx) showing xxxx as one of the beneficiaries.

• Copies of confirmation from husband's current employer (employer) stating that his spouse, xxxx, is included on the health, medical and life insurance.

• Copies of our joint car insurance.

• Copies of the joint utility bill which spanned the time we lived in xx Virginia (January 2006 – January 2008).

• Copies of the monthly payments we have made on a joint installment we have for a flat screen TV we purchased from Best Buy TV.

• Copies of the front of our Maryland driving licenses issued on 22 February 2008.

SECTION 5

• Copy of a leaving card to us both from our previous employers in Virginia (given to us at the end of December 2007).

• Copies of “new house†welcome cards from wife's parents, sister, and an aunt in England (sent to us in January 2008 after we moved to Maryland from Virginia).

• Copy of a First Wedding Anniversary card from wife's parents in England.

• Copies of birthday cards from wife's parents in England to husband.

• Originals: A selection of Christmas cards to us both (2006 and 2007) from wife's parents in England, her sister in England, three of her aunts in England, and husband's mother in Alabama.

SECTION 6

• Copies of ticket itineraries, boarding passes, passport entry and exit stamps for a vacation we took together to Ecuador in May 2007.

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so. Please advise me if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.

Sincerely,

Husband (US citizen) and wife (spouse and conditional permanent resident)

Edited by KikiDoug

Wow! This looks extremely thorough and I intend to use it as a guide when I apply in a few months.

The only thing I didn't see is two affidavits from people who know you and can attest that your marriage is genuine.

Good luck!

Mrs_S

Timeline for Naturalization:

Day 1: Application delivered to AZ

Timeline for Removing Conditions:

Green card received 117 days after application was delivered to USCIS

Timeline for AOS:

Green card received 120 days after application was delivered to USCIS

Wow! This looks extremely thorough and I intend to use it as a guide when I apply in a few months.

The only thing I didn't see is two affidavits from people who know you and can attest that your marriage is genuine.

Good luck!

Mrs_S

I didn't know if the affidavits are optional or not? Has anyone else got approved without affidavits?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck!

Mrs_S

I didn't know if the affidavits are optional or not? Has anyone else got approved without affidavits?

tonnes of people have been approved without affidavits, including me and yes affidavits are optional....

you have plenty of evidence so I wouldn't worry about the affidavits... :thumbs:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Good luck!

Mrs_S

tonnes of people have been approved without affidavits, including me and yes affidavits are optional....

you have plenty of evidence so I wouldn't worry about the affidavits... :thumbs:

Thank you! I was kind of worried about those.... :blink:

Looks very organized. One thing, you can add affidavit of a friend and/or of a family member.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

You rock!! Well organized! My lawer told me not to include affidevits; aparently, the weakest proof for USBIS.

Are you planning to send pictures?

Hello everybody,

We are getting ready to send in the I-751 in on June 1st. Here is my cover letter listing the things I have put together so far. Please could you let me know if this is OK - thank you. :thumbs:

Dear USCIS examiner:

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my wife, xxxx. Please also find a check for $545, which includes the fee for this form ($465) and the biometrics services fee ($80).

My wife entered the US on a K-1 visa on January 8 2006. We were married on January 12 2006 and subsequently applied for Adjustment of Status. My wife received her Conditional Permanent Resident Card on September 1 2006. We are both happily living together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my wife, xxxx.

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

SECTION 1

o Included is an additional sheet listing our current address and previous address. Also included are the dates that we lived at these addresses.

o Evidence that we completed and sent forms AR-11, Alien’s Change of Address Card and form I-865, Sponsor’s Notice of Change of Address.

SECTION 2

SECTION 3

• Copy of the deed of our current house at (current address) that shows us both as the current owners.

• Copy of an affidavit saying that we are first-time buyers in the state of Maryland and that we will use the property as our principal residence.

• Copy of a Deed of Trust indicating that we are the borrowers from xxx Home Loans.

• Copy of the Settlement Statement of our current house at (current address) that shows we purchased the house together in January 2008.

• Copy of a letter from the Maryland Homestead Tax Credit Division indicating that we are joint owners of our property at (current address).

• Copy of the deed of our previous house in xxx Virginia that shows we had joint ownership as of February 2006.

SECTION 4

• Copies of statements from our joint checking account with Bank of America spanning the time we got married to the present day.

• Copies of husband's life insurance policy (from his previous employment at xxx) showing xxxx as one of the beneficiaries.

• Copies of confirmation from husband's current employer (employer) stating that his spouse, xxxx, is included on the health, medical and life insurance.

• Copies of the joint utility bill which spanned the time we lived in xx Virginia (January 2006 – January 2008).

• Copies of the monthly payments we have made on a joint installment we have for a flat screen TV we purchased from Best Buy TV.

• Copies of the front of our Maryland driving licenses issued on 22 February 2008.

SECTION 5

• Copy of a leaving card to us both from our previous employers in Virginia (given to us at the end of December 2007).

• Copies of “new house†welcome cards from wife's parents, sister, and an aunt in England (sent to us in January 2008 after we moved to Maryland from Virginia).

• Originals: A selection of Christmas cards to us both (2006 and 2007) from wife's parents in England, her sister in England, three of her aunts in England, and husband's mother in Alabama.

SECTION 6

• Copies of ticket itineraries, boarding passes, passport entry and exit stamps for a vacation we took together to Ecuador in May 2007.

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so. Please advise me if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.

Sincerely,

Karina and Tomy

Yes, sending pictures is a good idea. I wonder why sending affidavits would be weakest proof.

You rock!! Well organized! My lawer told me not to include affidevits; aparently, the weakest proof for USBIS.

Hello everybody,

Dear USCIS examiner:

SECTION 1

SECTION 2

SECTION 3

SECTION 4

SECTION 5

SECTION 6

Sincerely,

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Very well organized and extremely thorough. I don't know why an attorney would say affidavits are weak proof. This is someone stating that they actually know you as a married couple. With the ability to create documents with desk top publishing, why would USCIS rely solely on copies of documents.

But, your listing is a great example for anyone preparing to file the I-751. Hopefully well organized applications like yours (and hopefully mine) will move swiftly and smoothly through the system.

Honestly, I do not know why affidevits are the weakest proof. But lawer told me that we have to show that we have lived at the same place and that our finances were comingled-that is the most important. Evidence of social life should be there too (like families know about marriage, co-workers, neighbours...). We just included cards, pictures with families, friends-not affidevits. I have heard that many lawers suggest the same. I could ask people for affidevits-was sure (at that time) that they would prepare it. But now I read on forums that a lot of people (even in-laws) refused just because they do not want to have anything with official institutions. But I guess most people would sign affidevits without really knowing what is going on (if it is a legit marriage or fraud). My girlfriend was asked for an affidevit in a restaurant where she accidently met an old aquatance from Morocco. He begged her to sign and said how they are happy with wife... She knew that he is married and that he lives with wife at ...place. But she never saw his wife. Anyway, she wrote and signed and notorized. It was couple of years back. She called me from restaurant and said that she just can't refuse because he is so desperate for 3rd affidevit (probably 2 first were from Morocan friends; so, he wanted somebody from other country). We don't know the end of that I-751. But I guess there is many affidevits like this. And I bet USBIS folks know about and know more than we know.

Yes, sending pictures is a good idea. I wonder why sending affidavits would be weakest proof.

Hello everybody,

Dear USCIS examiner:

SECTION 1

SECTION 2

SECTION 3

SECTION 4

SECTION 5

SECTION 6

Sincerely,

Karina and Tomy

Very well organized and extremely thorough. I don't know why an attorney would say affidavits are weak proof. This is someone stating that they actually know you as a married couple. With the ability to create documents with desk top publishing, why would USCIS rely solely on copies of documents.

But, your listing is a great example for anyone preparing to file the I-751. Hopefully well organized applications like yours (and hopefully mine) will move swiftly and smoothly through the system.

Thank you! One of my good points is organization!

I may include one or two photos of us - we don't have that many since we got married - I could include some of our wedding, but apart from that, we don't really take photos of each other! :blush:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.