vistaxp

Cancel I-751 after I send it in?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Schedule an Info pass appointment, OR call USCIS about it.

The I-751 is joint filed, so yes the US Citizen can contact USCIS and discuss the case with them.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Denying the I-751 only will place your spouse in a non-status position and possibly open up an abuse case for your spouse. Since the I-751's are taking so long to process, why don't you consider counseling first. If that doesn't work, then consult a divorce attorney. The USCIS is not going to fix your marital problems by either approving or denying the I-751.

Filed: Timeline

So your spouse is abusing you and you want to send her home? what her immigration status has to do with the abuse? actually what her immigration status has to do with your marriage? If she is the immigrant...then she depends on you not you on her...so in general speaking, if she is abusing you then report her to the civil authorities and end your marriage, which again, is a civil matter not federal.

Yes you signed the papers as well, but is the immigrant petition not yours...and you put your signature there which means that unless you can demostrate that you were under pressure by her when you did it, you still stated that you agreed with ALL was in that package. But now, after that, then things are bad and you get on the revenge mood. Because sorry that part of "send her home" is just revenge. Has nothing to do with your marriage. A person does not need to leave a country so you can get in a better emotional and health situation in life or end your marriage or end an abuse situation. Let's say that the same thing happened if your spouse were a US Citizen...where would you going to send her?

Look I know what you mean and your pain, but immigration has nothing to do with what you are going through right now. Why keep with it unless you find out that (for sure) not because you are MAD that she use you ALL these years for her immigration benefits? If not then leave her and get peace in you.

My 2 cents.

If your spouse is abusing you but you are still living together like a couple-I doubt that it would affect the outcome of I-751. He will get his 10yGC through it or with waiver (looks like he prob included proof of bona fide when he sent I-751; with your call to USBIS-he would be asked for an interview and would claim that he loved you and wanted to have 20 kids in future). I do not know your story but it is always sad when somebody gets abused. If you want to punish him-get some evidence that he just used you for GC (if it is a case; if not-be civilized and move on with your life), file for official separation, don't call anywhere. Let him get approved. You can strike later/ofter his approval-if you show that at the time of approval the marriage was ended/separated...But if you moved on in your life-you probably would not waste your time on such a #######.

My marriage is not going well at all (my spouse is abusing me) and I would like the USCIS to deny the application so I can send my spouse home. Is this possible? My Spouse has already received the NOA1

Karina and Tomy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.