Army_Wife

Vermont Approvals

440 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline
Just an update for you all really. I have had 2 touches in the last 2 days on my I-130 (nothing on the I-129f, seems not to be unusual though) and the second one yesterday was the dreaded RFE! Hopefully nothing to worry about. Anyway, today I got yet another touch on my I-130. I thought this was supposed to be suspended until we gave them the extra info they want? Oh well! All I am saying is that things seem to be happening with our petition and hopefully it will be back on track in a couple of weeks when we sort the RFE. So for those of you with similar timelines if movement hasn't already happened then it should be very soon. Good luck!

Dave

Dave, when you say your second touch was an RFE, how did you know? Did you get an email? Status change on the USCIS website? My I-130 was touched on 5/4 and 5/5, and nothing today. Online status still says "Case received and Pending"...

I'm wondering if I got an RFE...

Thanks!

I-130

01/08/2008 Sent in the I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

02/08/2008 NOA1

02/24/2008 Touch #1

05/04/2008 Touch #2

05/05/2008 Touch #3

07/29/2008 Touch #4

07/29/2008 NOA2... Thank you VSC!

07/30/2008 Touch #5

I-129F

02/13/2008 Sent in the I-129F to Chicago Lockbox

02/21/2008 NOA1

03/13/2008 Touch #1

07/29/2008 Touch #2

07/29/2008 NOA2... Thank you VSC!

07/30/2008 Touch #3

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
:clock: Waiting for the gates to open. Day 202 :unsure:

USCIS (Total 212 days)

05-15-08 Received call from VSC - I was Approved Yay!

NVC (Total Days: 00)

-----

05/21/2008 : NVC Case# Assigned

05/26/2008 : I-864 AOS Fee Bill invoiced in NVC system.

05/26/2008 : DS-3032 generated

05/31/2008 : DS-3032 emailed by my spouse

06/02/2008 : AOS ($70) Paid online

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Barcode cover sheet generated

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Generated

06/11/2008 : Choice of agent email accepted at NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package entered into NVC system

06/11/2008 : DS-3032 email reply received from NVC to my spouse

06/18/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Bill Paid online ($400)

06/20/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Barcode cover sheet generated.

06/20/2008 : DS-230 Packet generated and mailed by NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 package mailed to NVC by USPS Express mail

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV Package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV package entered into NVC system

00/00/2008 : Case Completed at NVC

Beirut U.S Embassy (Total Days: 0)

--------------------------

00/nn/2008 : Case Forwarded to Beirut U.S Embassy by DHL

00/nn/2008 : Medical at Beirut

00/nn/2008 : U.S Embassy Interview

-------------

00/nn/2008 : Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

Filed: Timeline

Just to let you guys know, that another February NOA1 for I-130 has been approved .... Rajee.

He tends to roam the K3 forum so probably won't post on here ..... but that's good news folks .... more VSC approvals are coming.

Looks like they are working all three months together December/January/February NOA1's :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just to let you guys know, that another February NOA1 for I-130 has been approved .... Rajee.

He tends to roam the K3 forum so probably won't post on here ..... but that's good news folks .... more VSC approvals are coming.

Looks like they are working all three months together December/January/February NOA1's :thumbs:

guess that just sucks for the rest of us in september, oct, and nov then, huh?

:angry:

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Put it like this, If they are going by NOA1 dates then there is only a 2 week difference for Oct and Jan filers and the same thing for Nov and Feb filers, so pretty much even though we sent in our applications months before there is a good chance we will be approved the same time as the people who sent there applications in Jan and Feb. Really a horrible picture to paint if you ask me :angry:

Filed: Timeline

Well I guess it would if you were one of those in that bracket, but as your NOA1 is dated 01-17-08 thankfully that puts you in the January group .... remember, your filing date is irrelevant.

At this moment, I'd be doing this :dance::dance: and cheering VSC along .... I sure as hell am .... I'm a February NOA1 and keeping my fingers and toes crossed right now as I've got someone Stateside I need to get to see before she dies of terminal cancer.

C'mon VSC, you can do it ..... spit the NOA2's out this week!!!!

Put it like this, If they are going by NOA1 dates then there is only a 2 week difference for Oct and Jan filers and the same thing for Nov and Feb filers, so pretty much even though we sent in our applications months before there is a good chance we will be approved the same time as the people who sent there applications in Jan and Feb. Really a horrible picture to paint if you ask me :angry:

The picture may be horrible, but sadly that's the way it is and there's ####### all we can do about it

Timeline

Well I guess it would if you were one of those in that bracket, but as your NOA1 is dated 01-17-08 thankfully that puts you in the January group .... remember, your filing date is irrelevant.

At this moment, I'd be doing this :dance::dance: and cheering VSC along .... I sure as hell am .... I'm a February NOA1 and keeping my fingers and toes crossed right now as I've got someone Stateside I need to get to see before she dies of terminal cancer.

I dont care that we are all grouped together.. I just want us ALL APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothign we can do about it taking so long for us to get approved and I dont want others delayed but I WANT TO BE APPROVED :(

The picture may be horrible, but sadly that's the way it is and there's ####### all we can do about it

I dont care that we are all grouped together.. I just want us ALL APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothign we can do about it taking so long for us to get approved and I dont want others delayed but I WANT TO BE APPROVED :(

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

I try to think positive but if they are indeed going by filing date then according to their processing times they will not have to process our applications until Oct or Nov of this year, there is no more 6 months, USCIS states that their estimated time for applications is 9-10 months for form I 130. And im sorry if I am a bit unhappy that I will processed at the same time as people that sent their applications 3 months after me but I just dont see how it is fair. Shrewd is at 7 months almost and all those people before her are at 8 or 9 while people who filed 3-4 months later will have a wait time of 4-5 months. Its great for all of you who most likely will not have to wait as the rest of us have but its just wrong that the system is working like this.

Timeline
I try to think positive but if they are indeed going by filing date then according to their processing times they will not have to process our applications until Oct or Nov of this year, there is no more 6 months, USCIS states that their estimated time for applications is 9-10 months for form I 130. And im sorry if I am a bit unhappy that I will processed at the same time as people that sent their applications 3 months after me but I just dont see how it is fair. Shrewd is at 7 months almost and all those people before her are at 8 or 9 while people who filed 3-4 months later will have a wait time of 4-5 months. Its great for all of you who most likely will not have to wait as the rest of us have but its just wrong that the system is working like this.

yeah eric..its totally unfair..and still yet it can take a long (longer) time..but HOPEFULLY..... it wont

:(

when do you get to see her again?

what makes me mad is that there is no accountability system that vermont even has to change their processing dates. ya know? waht the ####### if we stayed at the same spot for 3 months in ANYTHING we would get fired....

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

its all bull ####, their system sucks they lie,

** VSC!

okay i feel much better now!

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Timeline

Im going to Brazil on June 11th, its only for 1 week though, :crying: but if things dont go any faster she will insist I move there, she refuses to wait 1 year or a year and a 1/2 to start our life together. I cant blame her at all, I dont want to have to wait so long either, I like it here and I really dont want to live there but if it keeps my marriage together then I will. No one wants to spend years apart from their family and I am sorry for those on this forum that have had to. The worst thing is I cant say well if we wait a bit longer you will have your interview and you will be here, the only thing I can say to her is what USCIS tells me, which pretty much means sometime in early 2009 Jan or Feb she will have her interview. When we first started this we were under the impression that it would be about 6-9 months now its turning into 9-18 months. I feel as if i lied to her, made her think things that were not true, maybe she even thinks that way. Her whole family thinks that I dont want her here because they always tell her that things shouldnt take this long , so and so did it an it only took them 6 months. Heck one of her cousins filed their application in Oct and they already had their interview date at the start of April but changed it because they had to wait for something or other. Its just so frustrating that Aug-Nov filers are the ones that have to go through this hell.

Timeline
Im going to Brazil on June 11th, its only for 1 week though, :crying: but if things dont go any faster she will insist I move there, she refuses to wait 1 year or a year and a 1/2 to start our life together. I cant blame her at all, I dont want to have to wait so long either, I like it here and I really dont want to live there but if it keeps my marriage together then I will. No one wants to spend years apart from their family and I am sorry for those on this forum that have had to. The worst thing is I cant say well if we wait a bit longer you will have your interview and you will be here, the only thing I can say to her is what USCIS tells me, which pretty much means sometime in early 2009 Jan or Feb she will have her interview. When we first started this we were under the impression that it would be about 6-9 months now its turning into 9-18 months. I feel as if i lied to her, made her think things that were not true, maybe she even thinks that way. Her whole family thinks that I dont want her here because they always tell her that things shouldnt take this long , so and so did it an it only took them 6 months. Heck one of her cousins filed their application in Oct and they already had their interview date at the start of April but changed it because they had to wait for something or other. Its just so frustrating that Aug-Nov filers are the ones that have to go through this hell.

hahah the 6 months story happens in Jamamica too. It burns me up!

Think about this..... If we get approved by May 30... then in about 2 months (with online payment) we are finished with NVC...THEN about 2 months later (it has been for JA anyway)...an interview...

we could STILL get interviews in Sept :(

I am praying for September for my husband to be home. God has moved bigger mountains than this...

It kills me..but it is too heavy a burden for me to carry.

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Think about this..... If we get approved by May 30... then in about 2 months (with online payment) we are finished with NVC...THEN about 2 months later (it has been for JA anyway)...an interview...

we could STILL get interviews in Sept :(

With all those touches I'm thinking about that, too.But you are an October filer and you should have been approved already!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I feel your pain bro. Hopefully our voice will be heard. Maybe Karma will come in to play? Who knows, all I know is without a little adversity good things just dont happen.

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.