crystalomly

Conditional green card expires in 3 weeks help...

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Helle Every one

I have some questions, my conditional green card expires on May 23 i have already filed for the conditional to be removed however I received a letter in the mail from my job stating that if i down up date my satus i will be terminated also my drivers license expired the day after my green card..

so my question is does anyone know how long it takes to get the new card i am in georgia and next question is

will i lose my job do...thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

When did you file the I-751? You should receive a letter (NOA1) that will extend your green-card for 1 year it will say (Employment and travel status extended 1 year), just show this letter to your employer, and also DMV to renew your drivers license.

You will receive a notice of receipt for the form stating that "Your alien card is extended one year - employment and travel authorized". Keep the receipt with your green card. If by some chance you are not approved within a year you will want to make an InfoPass appointment to go to your Local Office to request an I-551 stamp in your passport. This does happen as it sometimes it takes over a year to be approved. After your NOA extension expires, this is your only evidence of legal status which you are required to have, by law. This happens occasionally, that a case takes over a year, but it's rare. Local Offices will not give an I-551 stamp is you have another type of evidence of status (ie, expired Green Card + extension letter).
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=751guide

:time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=48526

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Since you are in Georgia, your application was sent to TSC - TSC is apparently not issuing the NOA extension letter notices. You need to make an INFOPASS appointment at the Atlanta immigration office and bring your passport and proof of your filing the I-751. They will put an I-551 stamp in your passport that will be valid for one year. That stamp takes the place of your greencard until you receive your 10 year greencard - or until it expires in one year - whichever comes first.

You will also need the stamp to renew your driver's license. Your employer does not need to revalidate your employment, but many do not know that, so they should also accept the I-551 stamp as well. Make your appointment very soon so you will have time to renew your Driver's License as well.

You make an infopass here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis Over on the right hand side there is a link called 'schedule an appointment'. Click on that. An option will open up for you to choose a language. Next you will have an option to Make an infopass. Click on that. There are several choices available - select the one that says you are a permanent resident but have not received your NOA or Greencard - something to that effect. It will then allow you to choose a date and a time - find one that fits best for you and choose that.

I had to do the same as my greencard also expires in May and my Driver's License shortly afterwards. Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for that info Kathryn

I am filing this week and ours goes to Texas as well.

My card expires May 25 and so do my lisense.

I will make an infopass apointment to receive our stamp.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Timeline

You're welcome Peggy,

You would drive right by us on I-75 going to/from Atlanta and if you're interested, depending on when your appointment is and if you have time, maybe we can get together for a coffee on your way home? The best route going to the USCIS offices coming from the south gets off I-75 to take I-675N to I-285. The access to I-675 is at Highway 138 Stockbridge - our exit.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

You need to make an INFOPASS appointment at the Atlanta immigration office and bring your passport and proof of your filing the I-751. They will put an I-551 stamp in your passport that will be valid for one year. .

i have a question. what do we need to bring to infopass ? what is proof of filing the I-751. I sent money order not check.And my lawyer sent my I-751 by certified mail..she has that receipt,thats all

what i need to bring to proof of my filing ?

when you make an infopass, what do they ask for ?

animated_us_flag.gifN-400 Naturalization

03/23/09 Sent N-400 to Lewisville, Texas by UPS

03/25/09 delivered

03/30/09 check cashed

03/31/09 NOA

04/03/09 Touched

04/24/09 Biometrics

07/18/09 Interview letter received

08/19/09 Interview -*APPROVED*

08/27/09 Oath date -** US CITIZEN **

09/01/09 Applied for passport

09/14/09 Passport Received !!!

Timeline

You don't need to have the proof when you make the infopass, but you will need to have some sort of proof with you when you go to the Infopass so they will know when you sent in the information. Obtain a copy of the mailing notice from the lawyer's office verifying it was sent and the date, and you could also bring your copy of the money order. Has your lawyer checked to see if the money order has been cashed yet? Make sure you have your A# with you (it will be on your green card) when you go since they will have to look up your information that way, not having a case number available. You will also need to bring a valid passport. If your passport isn't valid, bring it anyway, but you will need to bring 2 passport photographs and they will issue you a valid I-94 using the photographs that can act as your proof. Good luck:-).

i checked, money order has been cashed March 7.

thanks for information,but i didnt get why we need to bring 2 passport pictures?

and what about I-94 ??? we dont need I-94 since we got conditional green card

03/25/09 delivered

03/30/09 check cashed

03/31/09 NOA

04/03/09 Touched

04/24/09 Biometrics

Timeline

No, Cookie - you don't normally. If you have a valid passport you can get the stamp put right into your passport. That is all you need to bring along with your green card and proof of filing.

IF, however, your passport has expired they can't put the I-551 stamp in it and they need to do something different. In that case they issue you a new I-94 valid for a year and you need to bring 2 photographs for that - one for the I-94 and one for their files.

I didn't know if your passport was still valid or not so I was giving you both options.

oh, i got it.. my passport is valid till 2010 so i don't to bring passport photos..only proof of filing

thanks again

03/25/09 delivered

03/30/09 check cashed

03/31/09 NOA

04/03/09 Touched

04/24/09 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.