Kathassane

Clueless on timelines please help

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone, I would like to ask if anyone out there can help me to understand the timelines better and well just anything there is to know to make things clear ,, I don't understand I had sent our paperwork to Texas in October, but now its in Vermont , this part i understand what i don't get is the timelines, I check uscis.gov and for the

I-130 they are still in July, how is it that many other apps are moving like I-139F applications, and not ours,

also I don't understand how you know when your case is touched, please clue me in, I really don't know any of this, also I just filed I-130 not a K3 , because that would mean that I would have filed an I0129F with this am i right?

I am so frustrated this is our second time going through all of this and I am as clueless today as I was two years ago when I did try to file an I129F

which was denied they say because it expired but while it was in there hands, we did all we needed to do, my husband , well then fiance had the interview and the women drilled him for over an hour. and nothing

Please please help, I would be so grateful

Good luck to eveyone

Kathleen and Hassane :dance:

[

APPROVED 8/26/08 got notice on 8/27

Received Hard Copy 9/2/08

NVC Received : 9/2/08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 9/9/08

Pay I-864 Bill 9/10/08

Receive I-864 Package : 9/15/08

Return Completed I-864 : 9/24/08

Return Completed DS-3032 : 9/10/08

Receive IV Bill : 9/19/08

Pay IV Bill : 9/19/08

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 10/27/08

NVC Left : 11/06/08

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 12/11/08

Visa Received : 12/12/08

US Entry : 1/1/09

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You posted this in the K1 forum so you probably would have better luck with the CR-1 forums. ;)

You can register with the uscis website to get automated emails and check ur status online. When you see your date has changed it means it was 'touched'. Can mean nothing at all, though. ;)

The processing times on the uscis website are not necissarily that dates they are working with right now. They are the dates the government puts to keep themselves within the processing times they post. ;)

timeline.jpg

Hello everyone, I would like to ask if anyone out there can help me to understand the timelines better and well just anything there is to know to make things clear ,, I don't understand I had sent our paperwork to Texas in October, but now its in Vermont , this part i understand what i don't get is the timelines, I check uscis.gov and for the

I-130 they are still in July, how is it that many other apps are moving like I-139F applications, and not ours,

also I don't understand how you know when your case is touched, please clue me in, I really don't know any of this, also I just filed I-130 not a K3 , because that would mean that I would have filed an I0129F with this am i right?

I am so frustrated this is our second time going through all of this and I am as clueless today as I was two years ago when I did try to file an I129F

which was denied they say because it expired but while it was in there hands, we did all we needed to do, my husband , well then fiance had the interview and the women drilled him for over an hour. and nothing

Please please help, I would be so grateful

Good luck to eveyone

Kathleen and Hassane :dance:

If you only sent in the I-130, you are filing for a CR-1/IR-1 visa and don't need to worry about the I-129f. The timelines on the USCIS website can throw you off. Luckily we have a couple of timelines here you can look at to compare NOA-1 to NOA-2 Timeline & NOA1/NOA2 Spreadsheet Tracking

Like KimandRuss said, you can sign up on the USCIS website to receive updates and emails about your case. You can look to see if your last updated date has changed. When it does change, its called a touch.

3dflagsdotcom_roman_2faws.gifaheart2.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Our CR-1 Timeline

Feb 20, 2010 ~ We will file to remove conditions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

You can register at the following link with USCIS to be able to sign up to get email updates and you can also use it to do case status search.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

I am also an October filer at VSC, awaiting an approval for I-130

USCIS (Total 212 days)

05-15-08 Received call from VSC - I was Approved Yay!

NVC (Total Days: 00)

-----

05/21/2008 : NVC Case# Assigned

05/26/2008 : I-864 AOS Fee Bill invoiced in NVC system.

05/26/2008 : DS-3032 generated

05/31/2008 : DS-3032 emailed by my spouse

06/02/2008 : AOS ($70) Paid online

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Barcode cover sheet generated

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Generated

06/11/2008 : Choice of agent email accepted at NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package entered into NVC system

06/11/2008 : DS-3032 email reply received from NVC to my spouse

06/18/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Bill Paid online ($400)

06/20/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Barcode cover sheet generated.

06/20/2008 : DS-230 Packet generated and mailed by NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 package mailed to NVC by USPS Express mail

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV Package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV package entered into NVC system

00/00/2008 : Case Completed at NVC

Beirut U.S Embassy (Total Days: 0)

--------------------------

00/nn/2008 : Case Forwarded to Beirut U.S Embassy by DHL

00/nn/2008 : Medical at Beirut

00/nn/2008 : U.S Embassy Interview

-------------

00/nn/2008 : Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.