Eric777

I will try to help anyone with NVC questions

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a question...might be a silly one..my husband filled out the ds230 but he had a few cross outs...do you think they will accept that or will that cause an RFE sine its kinda sloppy.....

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

thank you for offering your help, but all of these nice people here are helping each other with their own experience

and all of these threads are meant to help

how fast it goes thru NVC depends also on luck

When I paid AOS bill it wasn't in the system for 15 days

You can call it bad luck

thanks anyway

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i actually dont know what my question is, but here's my case:

the nvc forwarded our case (k3) to the embassy and i'm supposed to call usem next week to schedule my interview.

but, last friday, my husband received a letter from the nvc asking him to pay 70 dollars for the i-184. and on saturday, he mailed the payment. i, on the other hand, emailed the 3032, appointing myself as the agent.

now, my hubby is convincing me to pursue the cr1 visa, instead of the k3 (he never did like the k3 visa to begin with - he says its too complicated). the problem is, i really want to be with him soonest, but i do understand that having a cr1 visa is way lot better than a k3 visa.

since we may end up taking the cr1 route afterall, i really want to expedite our case at the nvc. however, our case is a bit complicated. you see, my hubby is really really busy, whereas, i'm free as a bird ( my resignation from work will take effect may 1).

so, the husband is waiting for the i-184 form from the nvc (he's completed all the requirements upon my prodding) while i'm waiting for the nvc to accept the 3032 and to send me the iv bill.

since i dont have a us-based bank, i'm thinking i could either:

a) ask the hubby to send a money order check to me for the dept of state, so i can send it the the nvc as soon as i receive the iv bill

B) ask the hubby to pay the iv bill online (but since he's so busy he'd end up asking his bro to do it for him - and he's not overly comfortable asking help from his bro especially if it's something he or i could do)... or

c) pay the iv bill online myself, using of course my hubby's account ( i dont know if this is lawful even if the hubby will give his password and everything)

after the i pay the iv bill, i will wait for the ds-320 form from the nvc. i have already compiled all the requirements, and i only need the paper from the nvc to be filled out, and sent via fedex on the same day i get it.

see, complicated is the word.

i just want to be with my husband and start a family soon! hu hu hu...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
i actually dont know what my question is, but here's my case:

the nvc forwarded our case (k3) to the embassy and i'm supposed to call usem next week to schedule my interview.

but, last friday, my husband received a letter from the nvc asking him to pay 70 dollars for the i-184. and on saturday, he mailed the payment. i, on the other hand, emailed the 3032, appointing myself as the agent.

now, my hubby is convincing me to pursue the cr1 visa, instead of the k3 (he never did like the k3 visa to begin with - he says its too complicated). the problem is, i really want to be with him soonest, but i do understand that having a cr1 visa is way lot better than a k3 visa.

since we may end up taking the cr1 route afterall, i really want to expedite our case at the nvc. however, our case is a bit complicated. you see, my hubby is really really busy, whereas, i'm free as a bird ( my resignation from work will take effect may 1).

so, the husband is waiting for the i-184 form from the nvc (he's completed all the requirements upon my prodding) while i'm waiting for the nvc to accept the 3032 and to send me the iv bill.

since i dont have a us-based bank, i'm thinking i could either:

a) ask the hubby to send a money order check to me for the dept of state, so i can send it the the nvc as soon as i receive the iv bill

B) ask the hubby to pay the iv bill online (but since he's so busy he'd end up asking his bro to do it for him - and he's not overly comfortable asking help from his bro especially if it's something he or i could do)... or

c) pay the iv bill online myself, using of course my hubby's account ( i dont know if this is lawful even if the hubby will give his password and everything)

after the i pay the iv bill, i will wait for the ds-320 form from the nvc. i have already compiled all the requirements, and i only need the paper from the nvc to be filled out, and sent via fedex on the same day i get it.

see, complicated is the word.

i just want to be with my husband and start a family soon! hu hu hu...

I would offer some advise but this is the J-Boy hotline. LOL

Seriously though, if you're husband is really really busy, I would just go ahead with the K3. So you could be here in the US right away, then you could take care of the paperworks yourself when your here in the US

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
NVC entered ....02-12-08

NVC case completed...04-25-08

I can help you as far as my own experience limits.

thanks for the offering help

i just have one question. did u send the original documents with DS-230 or the copy of the original ?

please let me know

thanks

Days to be together-- 5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

medical: 06-30-2008

VFS fee:07-03-2008

Date I-130 Sent : 08-20-2007

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt) : 09-22-2007

Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) : 03-31-2008

Date Package Received By NVC : 04-18-2008

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 04-28-2008

Pay I-864 Bill : 05-02-2008

Pay IV Bill : 05-12-2008

Receive Instruction Package: 05-27-2008

Case Completed : 06-06-2008

Rec Appointment Letter: 06-17-2008

Interview Date : 07-15-2008

Visa Received : (07-15-2008)

Date of US Entry : (07-29-2008)

thanks for the offering help

i just have one question. did u send the original documents with DS-230 or the copy of the original ?

please let me know

thanks

The instructions say to send originals (or certified copied by the issuing agency with the raised seal) AND copies so I've sent both.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

elvis!

obviously you dont know me or you'd know that i'm too much of a handful to be taken for granted! he he he

seriously though, since i've elected myself to be the "office girl" for the petition at the onset, given that i'm scheduled to leave work, and since i'm the one who's adept at handling all sorts of people, it'a no-brainer that i should take care of most of the work. besides, it's enough that my hubby finances everything for the petition (except for the gasoline! - shucks i should have asked for that too... and to pimp my car as well!) he he he

we just happen to know each other's strengths and weaknesses.... and my strenght happens to be dealing with difficult people (there cant be a more difficult person that an anchor, right?)

anyway, god's been good... no hitches so far.... i'm just too impatient i guess. soon, i will see the love of my life again.

- sue

Timeline

I have another question since my first one was answered...i guess it was not that significant...I am about to send off my I-864 with supporting documents should I staple any forms that have more than 1 page to it...

US Embassy:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have another question since my first one was answered...i guess it was not that significant...I am about to send off my I-864 with supporting documents should I staple any forms that have more than 1 page to it...

I staple mine and it ws not a problem. Did you write your NVC cae # on each and every page? I see you have paid your IV bill online. Have you been able to get the DS-230 coversheet yet? You are about to move at lightening speed. This online payment system is reat. You are almost there. :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

I staple mine and it ws not a problem. Did you write your NVC cae # on each and every page? I see you have paid your IV bill online. Have you been able to get the DS-230 coversheet yet? You are about to move at lightening speed. This online payment system is reat. You are almost there. :thumbs:

Ok...good...I only stapled my supporting documents...I didn't staple the I-864 form though...yeah I wrote my case # on every page except for the barcode sheet...my payment for the IV bill still says processing..I paid it though before NVC automated machine told me that is was generated...I hope that doesn't cause a problem...I assumed it was generated because I was able to pay it before it said Not Invoiced...we will see... :unsure:

US Embassy:

Timeline

I stapled my entire package per the I-864 instructions. As far as the "sloppiness" of your DS230....not sure if its a problem or not, but it could be. NVC seems pretty picky with stuff at times. Are you able to just white out the original and add the new info?

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.