Hicham&Darlene

bringing mom for visting from morocco

6 posts in this topic

hello every body im back again i want my mom visiting me here in minnesota my wife is american citizen i have green card i need some information on the process thanks visa journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Your mother applies for a B2 Visitors Visa at the local US Consulate.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

My wife wants the same thing. She wants to bring her mother and sisters here to visit for a month or two. We are waiting to do anything until she is a permanent resident. Does anyone know how likely or unlikely it will be that they would be allowed in the US to visit?

Save Shpat's threads

69-97-116-32-83-104-105-116-32-74-101-110-110

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I am here with K 3 visa. My AOS is still in process. My mother received a B 2 visa. No problems for that.

Your mother has to apply for B 2 visa at her local US embassy. Just follow the instruction from their website about visitor visas.

We write a letter of invitation and she brought for the interview at the embassy documents proving that she had strong ties to Bulgaria and her intent to return after a short stay in the United States.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Never mind. I dug a little deeper and found out my wife needs to be a citizen first. She's not going to be happy to hear that. :(

I think this is not true. Especially for my country. However, I don't know how this issue is with the embassy in Peru. In most cases the applicants has to support their claim that they will return home after a temporary visit to the United States (such as proof of ownership of property, bank statements, proof of employment, proof of family ties, etc.). If they can not prove this, the visa will be denied. Embassies are different. Check with the Peru embassy's website about visitor/tourist visa.

Edited by kalina

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.