S_AL_

Should I FAKE IT?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone!

No I do not have a criminal record but our petition has just been approved and my better half wants to go ahead with our James' shortcut. I was able to give him all my documents (minus Police Certificate) when we met last March but due to my ignorance I need to send him some more documents before bills are generated. Here's the Problem:

1. The police here requires a document from the Embassy (from NVC or Embassy) which would state the requirement of this Character Certificate.

2. I seem to be running out of time...or at least that is how it feels....

So I am turning to the Gurus here to help me with the problem; To Fake or NOT to Fake...That is the question.

Should I consider making a fake document to show to the Police here that I need that P.C. for immigration? If yes, can someone provide me with a sample of the letter they must have received from NVC (taking off personal information from it of course). The certificate issued will certainly be authentic but waiting for NVC to post the package seems like it'll take forever and by the time I have the letter it would take the police here FOREVER to issue it...Not to forget the postage time...which to avoid in the first place we are planning to go for James' Shortcut.

See...told you it is complex.

Please Help!

- Sara.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

NEVER submit anything fake when applying for a visa. You could end up with a permanent ban

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Hi,

I didn't finish reading anymore your statement, coz my advise is NOT TO FAKE.

Shape

NEVER submit anything fake when applying for a visa. You could end up with a permanent ban

Just wait it out and present real original documents like we all do :)

You all aren't reading their question!!! In their country apaprently a document FROM the NVC is required in order to even REQUEST a police certificate! They ARE NOT contemplating making a fake police certificate! Please read people! Some countries won't even send police certificates to the person and will only send them direct to the NVC or consulate. If I were the OP, I'd find out exactly what the police authority in the beneficiary's country needs in order to procure a police certificate. Perhaps a print out from the DoS website detailing all the documents needed for standard processing, which shows obtaining a police certificate will suffice. I think it would because with the new online payment system that's what they give you in lieu of a packet. A link where you get a cover sheet as I had posted a sample of before, and then a link showing what documents are required to send. If the police authority requires anything more perhaps it'd be best to call the NVC and tell them that they'll only release that information if the NVC sends them a letter.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
You all aren't reading their question!!! In their country apaprently a document FROM the NVC is required in order to even REQUEST a police certificate! They ARE NOT contemplating making a fake police certificate! Please read people! Some countries won't even send police certificates to the person and will only send them direct to the NVC or consulate. If I were the OP, I'd find out exactly what the police authority in the beneficiary's country needs in order to procure a police certificate. Perhaps a print out from the DoS website detailing all the documents needed for standard processing, which shows obtaining a police certificate will suffice. I think it would because with the new online payment system that's what they give you in lieu of a packet. A link where you get a cover sheet as I had posted a sample of before, and then a link showing what documents are required to send. If the police authority requires anything more perhaps it'd be best to call the NVC and tell them that they'll only release that information if the NVC sends them a letter.

With your post, i then finish the OP'S statement, AND STILL MY ADVISE IS NOT TO FAKE ANYTHING. It sounds you are advising it's okay for the OP to fake that document?

Guys, BETWEEN FAKING AND WAITING, ITS BEST TO JUST WAIT.

-Shape

Timeline
Hi,

I didn't finish reading anymore your statement, coz my advise is NOT TO FAKE.

Shape

Just wait it out and present real original documents like we all do :)

badspellor... my savior! I had posted a reply to all the posts but apparently it was posted. I felt strongly I had missed out on something...providing clear information to begin with. Yes you are on target. That is exactly what the problem is. I was feeling guilty readings the posts thinking I must have written something wrong. Anyway you said it. All I need is a letter from the embassy or institute saying they need a character certificate. I think your advice about checking with the DoS website sounds good. I will go ahead with that and see if I can force the police into issuing this certificate before I receive my husband received the actual letter from NVC. Has the online system started to work properly?? If I may ask, could you lead me to the links you have talked about in your post? Your help is much appreciated! Thanks for understanding the message.

My Timeline

I-130:

NVC

I-751

Timeline

With your post, i then finish the OP'S statement, AND STILL MY ADVISE IS NOT TO FAKE ANYTHING. It sounds you are advising it's okay for the OP to fake that document?

-Shape

Yes its always prudent to wait than to fake.... but in all honesty badspellor's idea should not do any harm. Its just the police system here thats a little dodgy. Shape I hope you'd understand.

My Timeline

I-130:

NVC

I-751

Timeline

-Shape

Yes its always prudent to wait than to fake.... but in all honesty badspellor's idea should not do any harm. Its just the police system here thats a little dodgy. Shape I hope you'd understand.

ISara,It is you who can equalize the situation there in your country. If the police department in your place keeping records like example that "request letter" to get a Police certificate in your country, then if you think it wont harm or affect your case once the USCIS do background check, then it is up to you.

Don't worry, i do understand Sara.

Shape

Timeline

-Shape

ISara,It is you who can equalize the situation there in your country. If the police department in your place keeping records like example that "request letter" to get a Police certificate in your country, then if you think it wont harm or affect your case once the USCIS do background check, then it is up to you.

Shape

Sweet. Its just these panic attacks....Everyone on this forum would know about them by now. All the best to you Shape and everyone else who is going through this agonising experience.

My Timeline

I-130:

NVC

I-751

Timeline

-Shape

Shape

Sweet. Its just these panic attacks....Everyone on this forum would know about them by now. All the best to you Shape and everyone else who is going through this agonising experience.

Thanks Sara, also good luck to you, i hope you be able to find a way to do it in a right or proper way about on how you can present a request letter that wont do any harm with you in time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

im not sure i understand complete but if u can not get police document using james short cut then just wait......if u will provide anything that is fake the embassy can throw out the case and band u from the USA is a few weeks worth that i dont think so at least that is what i think.....better to wait than to be sorry for life........... :)

badspellor... my savior! I had posted a reply to all the posts but apparently it was posted. I felt strongly I had missed out on something...providing clear information to begin with. Yes you are on target. That is exactly what the problem is. I was feeling guilty readings the posts thinking I must have written something wrong. Anyway you said it. All I need is a letter from the embassy or institute saying they need a character certificate. I think your advice about checking with the DoS website sounds good. I will go ahead with that and see if I can force the police into issuing this certificate before I receive my husband received the actual letter from NVC. Has the online system started to work properly?? If I may ask, could you lead me to the links you have talked about in your post? Your help is much appreciated! Thanks for understanding the message.

Even still, some people replying to this thread think you're going to be sending fake documents to the embassy!! Oh well. ANYWAY, here is the link that appears after you pay your IV Bill Online: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3176.html

The only other thing they give you is the cover sheet to send in your DS-230. I'd try just printing out the info from that link and anything else you have from the NVC just to show them that you actually do have a case in process. Between the two, you'd think that'd be sufficient enough evidence that you need this for your visa. Hope this helps!

Edit: Here's another link you can get to from the first link but it details about documents for applicants from Pakistan:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc..._3644.html#docs

Edited by badspellor

Timeline
im not sure i understand complete but if u can not get police document using james short cut then just wait......if u will provide anything that is fake the embassy can throw out the case and band u from the USA is a few weeks worth that i dont think so at least that is what i think.....better to wait than to be sorry for life........... :)

No no estadia I did not intend to make my first post so complicated but anyway I appreciate your reply to my problem.

I am NOT FAKING a Police Certificate....Just trying to do something in the right direction before its too late.

And now I feel like crying

My Timeline

I-130:

NVC

I-751

Timeline

No no estadia I did not intend to make my first post so complicated but anyway I appreciate your reply to my problem.

I am NOT FAKING a Police Certificate....Just trying to do something in the right direction before its too late.

And now I feel like crying

i understand what you meant now, don't cry Sara. Maybe, what badspellor advising you is another way for you to have a request letter which wont harm you in time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.