briff2000

The K3 Con

11 posts in this topic

Having filed our I-130 in October 07, we got got caught in the receipt delay and didn't receive our NOA1 until Jan 08. Our I-129F therefore was not sent until the start of Feb 08. We thought that this meant that our K3 application would still be processed in line with our October application, but having spoken with USCIS today, oh no!!! Our I-130 will be processed under our October receipt date (currently Vermont is processing July applications), but our I-129F will be processed under our February receipt date (currently Vermont is processing October applications).

This means we are penalised twice!! Once for waiting months for our I-130 receipt and then again to be processed under our I-129F February receipt date, when we should have been able to file the I-129F in October!!!! Is anyone else being penalised in the same way?!!

What really makes me angry is that someone who filed the I-130 in December or January would have received a receipt within a few days, filed their I-129F and will actually be ahead of us in the K3 queue/line!!!

This on top of as a recent ex-British military member and having served alongside the US troops (certainly no complaints with these guys!), this gives me no credit at all, despite the fact that current troops get put to the front of the line.

Sorry for the rant, I know there are lots of us in similar positions, but I feel very angry right now!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Having filed our I-130 in October 07, we got got caught in the receipt delay and didn't receive our NOA1 until Jan 08. Our I-129F therefore was not sent until the start of Feb 08. We thought that this meant that our K3 application would still be processed in line with our October application, but having spoken with USCIS today, oh no!!! Our I-130 will be processed under our October receipt date (currently Vermont is processing July applications), but our I-129F will be processed under our February receipt date (currently Vermont is processing October applications).

This means we are penalised twice!! Once for waiting months for our I-130 receipt and then again to be processed under our I-129F February receipt date, when we should have been able to file the I-129F in October!!!! Is anyone else being penalised in the same way?!!

What really makes me angry is that someone who filed the I-130 in December or January would have received a receipt within a few days, filed their I-129F and will actually be ahead of us in the K3 queue/line!!!

This on top of as a recent ex-British military member and having served alongside the US troops (certainly no complaints with these guys!), this gives me no credit at all, despite the fact that current troops get put to the front of the line.

Sorry for the rant, I know there are lots of us in similar positions, but I feel very angry right now!

Hello,

I was told quite the opposite story by more than 5 officers. I filed Sept 6th, 2007, didnt receive my NOA1 until January 18TH, then filed the 129F which wasn't received until Feb 18Th, 2008. Also because of the receipting delays I had to wait close to 5 mths. After performing the RFE trick a few times, i was told my petitions have been paired up and will be worked on together going by the original date of Sept. 6th, 2007. What I did wrong is followed the procedures by wating on that NOA1 which took 5mths to be done. I should have just sent a copy of my check and Fed ex receipt for my I130 to get things started. There are many other threads where petitioners did not wait around for the NOA1 and there petitions were accepted. It's going on 8mths on May 6th, for me. So, so sad!

I130

September 6, 2007-Sent I130

January 18, 2008-NOA1

February 24, 2008-Touched

April 14 & 15-Touched-RFE trick

May 23, 2008-Aproved!!!!!!!! (Thanks to the MAN above)

May 26, 2008-Touched (Holiday)

May 31st-Recvd Hard Copy in mail

I29F

February 18TH, 2008-NOA1

February 24TH, 2008-Touched

April, 14TH & 15TH-RFE trick

May 22, May 23rd -Touch, Touch

May 23-Approved!!!!!!! (Thanks to the MAN above)

May 26, 2008-Touched (Holiday!)

May 31ST-Recvd Hard Copy in mail

NVC

May 29TH, 2008-129F received at the NVC-YES!

May 30TH, 2008-130 received at the NVC

Consulate-June 3rd

INTERVIEW-August 27TH

Interview-PASSED WITHOUT ANY ISSUES-10 MINUTE INTERVIEW

SEPT 20TH-Arrived in NYC then to Charlotte-YEAH!!!

AOS

February 4TH-mailed I485 & I765

Feb 8TH, NOA 1 for both-Received Feb 5TH

March 4TH Biometrics done

March 19TH RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER-INTERVIEW DATE April 30TH at 9:30

April 13TH RECEIVED EAD... FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

APRIL 14TH-GOING TO SS OFFICE TO ORDER SSCARD

April 19TH-SS card received

April 20TH-Lerners Permit obtained

April 30TH- AOS Passed-10 minute meeting, wouldn't call it an interview, very, very simple.

May 18TH=GREEN CARD RECEIVED

NEVER ABLE TO VIEW CASE ONLINE-SAME INVALID# MESSAGE

Hello,

I was told quite the opposite story by more than 5 officers. I filed Sept 6th, 2007, didnt receive my NOA1 until January 18TH, then filed the 129F which wasn't received until Feb 18Th, 2008. Also because of the receipting delays I had to wait close to 5 mths. After performing the RFE trick a few times, i was told my petitions have been paired up and will be worked on together going by the original date of Sept. 6th, 2007. What I did wrong is followed the procedures by wating on that NOA1 which took 5mths to be done. I should have just sent a copy of my check and Fed ex receipt for my I130 to get things started. There are many other threads where petitioners did not wait around for the NOA1 and there petitions were accepted. It's going on 8mths on May 6th, for me. So, so sad!

Not sure what the RFE trick is, would love to know!!?? But I agree, was a BIG mistake waiting for the I-130 NOA1!!!

Sorry to hear that you are waiting so long!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

They don't call it the misinformation line for nothing.

I would expect both your petitions to be adjudicated together and completed on the same day. Please do let us know what actually happens.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Hello,

Not sure what the RFE trick is, would love to know!!?? But I agree, was a BIG mistake waiting for the I-130 NOA1!!!

Thanks for the sympathy!

The RFE trick is a silly game you have to play in order to get transferred to the VSC and speak to someone who is at the center where your petition is being worked on. You basically have to hit the button stating you received a letter from USCIS requesting addl evidence on your case. Then you have to hit the button stating you don't understand what they are requesting. Somewhere in there you punch in your receipt number. After these steps you get transferred righ to the center where your papers are being processed. Then you have to say you believe you got an RFE but you never got anything in the mail. Basically saying you were touched according to the website. It's a shame we have to play these tricks to get answers. I was touched a few times but it never amounted to anything. I called and the officers were very nice. Basically said give it 30 days. My peition is coming up next. Also said they paired the 2 together and they will honor the Sept date. I contacted my local Congresswoman, she filed aninquiry and they told her They are still finishing up July 30 & have worked into August. It's a shame when you know by being on visa journey that they are not going in chronological order as they claimed they are madated by law to do so. This is such a LIE as we have proof of this on visajourney.

I130

January 18, 2008-NOA1

I29F

February 18TH, 2008-NOA1

NVC

Consulate-June 3rd

INTERVIEW-August 27TH

AOS

April 30TH- AOS Passed-10 minute meeting, wouldn't call it an interview, very, very simple.

Hello,

Thanks for the sympathy!

The RFE trick is a silly game you have to play in order to get transferred to the VSC and speak to someone who is at the center where your petition is being worked on. You basically have to hit the button stating you received a letter from USCIS requesting addl evidence on your case. Then you have to hit the button stating you don't understand what they are requesting. Somewhere in there you punch in your receipt number. After these steps you get transferred righ to the center where your papers are being processed. Then you have to say you believe you got an RFE but you never got anything in the mail. Basically saying you were touched according to the website. It's a shame we have to play these tricks to get answers. I was touched a few times but it never amounted to anything. I called and the officers were very nice. Basically said give it 30 days. My peition is coming up next. Also said they paired the 2 together and they will honor the Sept date. I contacted my local Congresswoman, she filed aninquiry and they told her They are still finishing up July 30 & have worked into August. It's a shame when you know by being on visa journey that they are not going in chronological order as they claimed they are madated by law to do so. This is such a LIE as we have proof of this on visajourney.

Thanks!!! Will try that tomorrow. And to think that my wife and I went ahead, got married early, all because we were assured the K3 was the quickest route!!! Just look at the K1 timelines!!!

Timeline

I actually posted the same thought in a different thread quite some time ago. The k1 is definitely the quickest route to take instead of marrying abroad.

If I could turn back the hands of time I would have never gotten married but filed the fiancee visa instead. I'm SURE my husband would have been here long ago. Oh well, lesson learned. Glad I could help! I wish you all the best.

Hello,

Thanks for the sympathy!

Thanks!!! Will try that tomorrow. And to think that my wife and I went ahead, got married early, all because we were assured the K3 was the quickest route!!! Just look at the K1 timelines!!!

I130

January 18, 2008-NOA1

I29F

February 18TH, 2008-NOA1

NVC

Consulate-June 3rd

INTERVIEW-August 27TH

AOS

Timeline

I actually posted the same thought in a different thread quite some time ago. The k1 is definitely the quickest route to take instead of marrying abroad.

If I could turn back the hands of time I would have never gotten married but filed the fiancee visa instead. I'm SURE my husband would have been here long ago. Oh well, lesson learned. Glad I could help! I wish you all the best.

Sorry I posted inside your post.

Hello,

Thanks for the sympathy!

I130

January 18, 2008-NOA1

I29F

February 18TH, 2008-NOA1

NVC

Consulate-June 3rd

INTERVIEW-August 27TH

AOS

Filed: Timeline

I just wanted to let you know that the US Military don't get put to the front of the line at all unless they're getting deployed. No, we're in the same line as you .... my Husband is US Army (with a couple of deployments under his belt) and we even got turned down for an expedite citing a recent bereavement and also terminal cancer with 3 months to live ..... I will end up missing 2 family funerals now because of this process ..... VSC sucks pretty badly at the moment, but at least we're all in it together.

I hope they see the light and approve everyone soon.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hey Briff2000!

We are in Exactly the same position as you, with similar timelines too. Check out our timeline. Will be interesting to see what happens. Should be soon but who knows!

Dave

Naturalization Process

1/17/2012 N-400 paperwork mailed

1/22/2012 N-400 paperwork delivered at USCIS Dallas, TX

1/23/2012 N-400 received, NOA issued

1/30/2012 NOA received in mail

3/8/2012 Fingerprinting

4/18/2012 Naturalization Interview

4/27/2012 Oath Ceremony - Philadelphia

Is anyone else being penalized in the same way?!!

I think so, but don't know so due to conflicting information. At one time the USCIS said on their website that they would honor the date received in the mail room. I can't find that on their site now, so apparently they backed off on that. What seems to get to us all is an apparent lack of fairness.

We have a discrepancy between the I-130 paper received date and the online received date - Nov. 26th vs. Jan. 28th. Has anyone figured this out? I called but didn't get an straight answer. Of course the NOA 1 date for the I-129F is Feb. 12th, so no other date probably matters anyway. I would like to be a 100% sure of this, because they're both making major career decisions.

You are right, that being a vet counts for nothing in this process. My son, grilled in the USMC "can-do" attitude and an IOF vet has very little patience with the USCIS, which was one, amongst a number of reasons he turned over dealing with them to me, his Mom. He pays me with with compliments such as "you should become an immigration attorney." (fat chance - and he has no results yet). It helps keeps his blood pressure down and gives him more time to talk to his wife. I have trouble watching these newlyweds being forced to be on opposite sides of the globe, so am not much more patient, and have become quite invested in the process. My daughter-in-law is a wonderful person. My husband hopes they'll stay with us for a while so he can have more Thai food!

Hang on. They'll get to you sometime.

Mom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.