mazion

Question concerning full copies of original package

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello. I am finally, at 3:30AM, completing my first I-129F petition package. I'm sure my question is quite simple, so I apologize in advance for my ignorance...

Stated from the VJ guide:

IMPORTANT!

Make TWO copies of the entire package before you send it in. This includes the money orders too. You want to have a perfect replica of the package you are sending in. All Forms that you submit must be originals with original signatures. Supporting Evidence that you submit may be photocopies. Retain ALL original supporting Evidence since the USCIS has the right to check them by issuing an RFE (Request For Evidence). If you receive an RFE, follow the direction exactly, and make two copies of what you sent back. During any future interviews the USCIS may also want to examine the original supporting evidence.

Ok so... maybe I'm not so smart here but... It says to make the copies and also that all forms that you submit must be originals with original signatures. Does this mean you must have Photocopies of the original package, so that you have copies of the original signatures, or do you have to actually create 3 entire packages with inked signatures on all 3?

Also, fields that are suggested to have "None" or "N/A" in the G-325A, she left blank. So I went with a black pen and wrote those in for her. She signed herself on all 4 copies of the document, but also didn't fill in the date, so I added the date in inked pen as well (using the date she has on her letter of intent). Does this seem like a problem?

So if I do need to re-create the package with inked signatures from her, should I also recreate the "None"s and "n/a"? Also, in the field where you specify what filing the G-325A in conjunction with an application for, she put "K-1 Visa" where I knew to put "I-129F Petition". Does anyone foresee that posing a problem? I mean... in a way we are both correct.

My fiance is pregnant and currently unemployed... and we are requesting an expedite for the grounds of Humanitarian and Financial loss... She is 15 weeks now, and mail from out of country takes much longer than inter-US mail. I need to submit this package right away so I don't have time to wait for her to refill out the papers but, we don't want to mess this up either.

If anyone with experience or knowledge could please respond expediently, I'd appreciate it very much. I need to try to get her in the country before she pops!

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

We just photocopied the whole package and sent it to the beneficiary.

With regard to the expedite, I dont think they will expedite becuase she is pregnant, the expdite is usally for milatary that are due to be located elsewhere.

Good luck with your journey

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Certain signatures need to be original on the forms you submit... letter of intent, 4 pages of the g325...etc. It's all noted in the guides. The extra copy is for you in case something happens to the original and then to send to your fiance for reference after your approval. My SO sent me two copies of all originals ..just in case. ;)

Unfortunately, they will not expedite because your fiance is pregnant. We'd all be pregnant if that was the case! :lol:

It will feel good to send the package off. :) Good luck to you! Come join us in the April VSC thread! :)

timeline.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for all the information pertaining to the copies of the forms guys.

I have spoken with someone at the USCIS office, as well as had my congressman's office contact them, and they said that the Pregnancy can fall under the grounds of expedite because of Humanitarian reasons (which is one of the expedite guidelines). Also, she is currently unemployed AND pregnant which falls under the guidelines of Financial Loss (as i am currently supporting her financially from abroad) and Medical reasons (again, pregnancy). While they did state there is no guarantee (as they always would) they did say that in my case an expedite of services is possible, and to include a letter explaining the reasons in my package, and also to make phone calls to try to speed along the process. They say since we fall under 3 of the guidelines for an expedited service, it is a better chance than only falling under one.

We are counting on the expedite and your positive thoughts floating around the earth would be quite helpful! Wish us luck! :)

Thanks again for all the information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Great info. I have called the USCIS and only get recordings. During the process I am lost in the mire of prompts. There is a VJ person here that once was working for the USCIS, and he stated if a congressman/woman was attached to the request, they DID speed up the process.

Keep us informed, please.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know if I could still be of help because I had had the same problems (minus the bottom part of your first post) and because many people already posted on this thread :P

You need originals

I sent my originals and there were no problems :) I heard that if you do send in photocopies (the lady in front of me at the interview had sent in photocopies) you have to go to somewhere (your nearest consulate?) to have people check your originals. You can also send originals with photocopies of originals.

Fields that are empty

When it comes to filling out forms, I am forgetful :P That's bad, especially for these kind of forms! But if you write on her form with a different colored ink or writing it shouldn't matter that much, in my opinion. On my interview date, the lady at the Consulate double-checked all my forms and I left some spaces blank! She wrote "n/a" and some "none" for me. She used red ink pens. My interviewer wasn't picky about that.

Hope I helped :unsure:

Edited by Vani

K1-Visa in Montreal, Canada.

4/07 - Filed the I-129 F [Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)] Along with Bio forms [G-325a for both of us]

6/07 - Forms got resent back to my Fiance because I forgot to sign some papers. [silly me]

11/28/07 - Got my K1-Packet 3!!! It was a headache to fill in the papers.

2/15/08 - Sent all documents and forms through express! I was close to the expiration date

3/27/08 - Interview letter!!! I was in the US with my Fiance so I couldn't come back in time, rescheduled appointment.

4/24/08 - Got my interview done :) Approved! Passport+visa+brown envelope will be sent within a week.

5/1/08 - Got my Visa!

~ Flying to US on 6/11/08.

~June 19 2008- Married!!!

7/25/08 - Sent in AOS: I-485 along with EAD, AP.

8/7/08 - EAD, AP, AOS touched.

8/19/08 - Got an RFE for I-485... Fixing it.

8/22/08 - Biometrics taken in Portland.

10/08 - Another Bio (for work authorization card).

-- received my work authorization card and advance parole papers in meantime--

1/15/09 - AOS INTERVIEW *faints* in Seattle, Washington.

2/2/09 - Green Card!

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck with the expediting. We had the exact same situation and it went nowhere with our request. Hopefully you'll find better luck than we did...

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.