Together4ever

IT'S FRIDAY!!!

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

So many things to do this weekend. Festival of Nations (huge food/vendor/cultural celebration of the 80+ ethnic groups in the twin cities), Cinco de Mayo, and what am I going to be doing? Stupid brief for stupid Intellectual property. My entire weekend is going to be spent at the library. Bah.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Timeline

OMG Rahma, How many of us on here work with intellectual property protection? I noticed JB does patents. I guess this is getting to be a popular field. I know I get so sick of negotiating agreements to protect it. it's crazy how many companies think we'll just give them our data and only ask them to keep it secret for a couple of years. We build airplanes for crying out loud! They last over 20 years. Do they really think we'll just give our jobs away?

Are you doing the brief for work or school? If you need any input feel free to PM me. I've been doing agreements for 7 years now and I think I've probably seen just about every stupid agreement clause possible in that time. The attorney that has been training me just sends people straight to me now and tells them I know it better than he does now. Of course what I do is nothing compared to what he does with the patents and contracts and stuff he writes. I'm just happy he has taught me how to handle even this much.

I'm having a frustrating Friday because I have a government employee I work with who is too cocky to let us review contract modifications she writes so over 60% of them are wrong and I have to get her to issue new ones to correct the wrong ones. I have a report that should go out today but can't now because she won't be back until Monday so her mistakes are holding me up.

I guess I should get out of here and go home for lunch with Abdel before it is too late to go to lunch.

awwwwwwwwwwwww... well i will be praying that he gets the LOCAL job... Lordy girl, i couldn't imagine going through this HELL to wind up being alone again for most of the time...

you say "because we were supposed to have our interview." was it re-scheduled?

i know... i'm being so nosey...

sorry!

awww ur not a nosy cheeky!

its possible we are rescheduled twice - (see signature) but we are going to go to the interview anyway unless we get an "official" cancelklation via mail (this new cancellation was via email). USCIS weirdness.

*shrugs*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
So many things to do this weekend. Festival of Nations (huge food/vendor/cultural celebration of the 80+ ethnic groups in the twin cities), Cinco de Mayo, and what am I going to be doing? Stupid brief for stupid Intellectual property. My entire weekend is going to be spent at the library. Bah.

Wow didn't realize that anyone else here works with patents, cool! Well I just had my big monthly patent meeting so the rest of the day will be a breeze. The company is having some Cinco de mayo thing today so I should get to duck out early! :dance:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

GEEEEEEZ... I'm so ready for the weekend. I've been pushing so hard all week to get through this workload, and I just can't see an end in sight. Oh well. I learned one valuable lesson in the workplace this week. The value of saying NO when you just can't do more. It works! (DUH)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Are you doing the brief for work or school? If you need any input feel free to PM me. I've been doing agreements for 7 years now and I think I've probably seen just about every stupid agreement clause possible in that time. The attorney that has been training me just sends people straight to me now and tells them I know it better than he does now. Of course what I do is nothing compared to what he does with the patents and contracts and stuff he writes. I'm just happy he has taught me how to handle even this much.

It's for my paralegal class, which is the WORST class I've ever had in my 18+ years of schooling. The subject itself is interesting, but the prof, ooooh man. It took until a week before the end of the semester to finally figure out what exactly he wanted for a final project. I haven't taken legal writing yet, but still, I have to write a brief *eek* I'm doing it on the supreme court Grokster decision, and the 3 recent cases that distinguish it. I'm thinking I'll be flying blind by the seat of my pants. I was going to do something patent wise, but I understand the copyright computer file sharing stuff a little better, so the paper hopefully won't be a complete disaster.

Do you have a science background? IP is very interesting, and I'm hoping to wiggle my way into the IP department at my firm, but I have nooo science background what so ever.

Edited by rahma

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok, so maybe I was expecting miracles, but I have to say, I'm a little bummed we haven't gotten or NOA1 yet. I was really hoping it would be in today's mail... NADA! :( Oh well, I guess these things can't be rushed!!! Yes, patience is not my strongest point, but insh'allah, it will become a stronger one for me! :yes:

Have a great weekend everyone.... here's hoping the mailbox is good to me on Monday :thumbs:

Noura :blush:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Ok, so maybe I was expecting miracles, but I have to say, I'm a little bummed we haven't gotten or NOA1 yet. I was really hoping it would be in today's mail... NADA! :( Oh well, I guess these things can't be rushed!!! Yes, patience is not my strongest point, but insh'allah, it will become a stronger one for me! :yes:

Have a great weekend everyone.... here's hoping the mailbox is good to me on Monday :thumbs:

Noura :blush:

Well, one thing is sure in this visa process... IT WILL TEACH YOU PATIENCE WHETHER YOU WANT IT OR NOT!!!!!

I haven't seen my husband since May 22, 2005. Started our process in September (took me that long to find a job so I could AFFORD it) and now just waiting to finish AP. Whee!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Thank God it is over is all I have to say

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Do you have a science background? IP is very interesting, and I'm hoping to wiggle my way into the IP department at my firm, but I have nooo science background what so ever.

Nope, no science. Heck, I had to study 3 days to pass 1 Biology test when I had to take that. I want to go into business law. Well actually I'm already in it, just want to have the title and get the paycheck. I keep telling myself this is an internship so I don't feel so screwed over. It isn't really, but at least it is turning out to be that.

I just write the proprietary information agreements to set the rules for how people handle our intellectual property when we have to share it with them. The engineers count on me to do that part, and I'm happy to have no clue whatsoever about any of the stuff they exchange.

The biggest battle I've recently encountered is working on research with Universities. Naturally the professors and students that participate in research are dying to publish what they've found out. They aren't really thrilled about the fact that a private corporation is funding the research and considers it a trade secret. This is the newest area in which I am wetting my toes and I have no idea how it is going to turn out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ok we just had our cinco de mayo thing at work and they served:

Chips

Salsa

7-layer dip

Guacamole

Mexican candy

Many many varieties of Mexican pastires

Mexican Soda

Beer

Steak Burritos

Chicken Burritos

Veggie Burritos

and a Coffee Cart (the guys that comes and makes whatever you want)

I had water. :yes: I'm proud of me :star:

Edited by jordanianprincess

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

I just saw your post and realized - No wonder the Mexican restaurant was so crowded tonight! We ended up at Pizza Hut. After all the talk this week about Cinco de Mayo, I can't believe I forgot and tried to go to a Mexican restaurant for dinner tonight!

JP, I'm so proud of you! One reason I'm so happy about our move at work is that now I'm away from the group that always has food sitting out, and there is no cafeteria close. It makes it a lot easier to stick to a diet.

"Well, one thing is sure in this visa process... IT WILL TEACH YOU PATIENCE WHETHER YOU WANT IT OR NOT!!!!!" - I forgot to hit the quote button so just copied and pasted this here. Kids will do the same thing! So now you'll be prepared when you have them!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Today was a little eventful I Guess... I got up, went to work... had beef chawerma for lunch... went to the bank, cashed my check... came home.. mowed the back lawn.. then ran out of gas... went to my aunt's house, got the can, went to the chinese restaurant, ordered egg rolls & rice, went to the gas station.. filled the tank, bought a couple things... got the food.. came home... ate.. went back to mowing lawn... then brought lawn mower to my aunt's house, then I mowed her lawn too because the grass grew so high.. then came home, booked plane tickets and hotel room for my mom to go to chicago in may.. talked to my brother... loaned him and his girlfriend my truck... and now i'm here.. .blaaaa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.