Vani

Documents for Interview

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hey there!

I have my interview tomorrow morning and I just realized something important.

I sent in my original copies of my birth certificate and police record paper. I made photocopies of them both, but it's still not the original.

Is it bad? Because I heard that I needed the originals at the interview, if I explain my situation will they understand?

I am nervous now, help would be appreciated...

Thanks.

K1-Visa in Montreal, Canada.

4/07 - Filed the I-129 F [Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)] Along with Bio forms [G-325a for both of us]

6/07 - Forms got resent back to my Fiance because I forgot to sign some papers. [silly me]

11/28/07 - Got my K1-Packet 3!!! It was a headache to fill in the papers.

2/15/08 - Sent all documents and forms through express! I was close to the expiration date

3/27/08 - Interview letter!!! I was in the US with my Fiance so I couldn't come back in time, rescheduled appointment.

4/24/08 - Got my interview done :) Approved! Passport+visa+brown envelope will be sent within a week.

5/1/08 - Got my Visa!

~ Flying to US on 6/11/08.

~June 19 2008- Married!!!

7/25/08 - Sent in AOS: I-485 along with EAD, AP.

8/7/08 - EAD, AP, AOS touched.

8/19/08 - Got an RFE for I-485... Fixing it.

8/22/08 - Biometrics taken in Portland.

10/08 - Another Bio (for work authorization card).

-- received my work authorization card and advance parole papers in meantime--

1/15/09 - AOS INTERVIEW *faints* in Seattle, Washington.

2/2/09 - Green Card!

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Where did you send the original ones? Your right, you need the original birth certificate and police records for the interview.

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Timeline

I sent it along with the whole package (the DS 230 forms, etc) to the embassy in Montreal (to get an interview). I saved photocopied versions of them though.

Am I screwed? I'm really anxious now, I have a feeling this whole thing won't go well.

I guess I'll show up with the copies of my originals... and explain that they have my originals.

It's tomorrow morning so, sigh.

4/07 - Filed the I-129 F [Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)] Along with Bio forms [G-325a for both of us]

6/07 - Forms got resent back to my Fiance because I forgot to sign some papers. [silly me]

2/15/08 - Sent all documents and forms through express! I was close to the expiration date

3/27/08 - Interview letter!!! I was in the US with my Fiance so I couldn't come back in time, rescheduled appointment.

4/24/08 - Got my interview done :) Approved! Passport+visa+brown envelope will be sent within a week.

5/1/08 - Got my Visa!

2/2/09 - Green Card!

.png

Someone else posted about this a few days ago in a different forum. Just bring the photocopies with you and explain @ the interview that you accidently sent the originals in instead of the photocopies and everything should be fine. Good luck at your interview tomorrow! :thumbs:

3dflagsdotcom_roman_2faws.gifaheart2.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Our CR-1 Timeline

Feb 20, 2010 ~ We will file to remove conditions

Timeline

Aaah thank you so much Eresh! *cries* I am so nervous I'm stressing out so badly!!!

I hope they really understand, because they are strict people... And they might think I'm unorganized (well I am an unorganized person when I'm stressed) and take down some points off the interview :(

Do you mind posting the URL to the other forum? It could help me a lot.

Thank you all!!!

5/1/08 - Got my Visa!

2/2/09 - Green Card!

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Well, I'm sure they will have the original documents there with the rest of the papers you submitted. You don't have any time left, so the best you can do is bring the copies and explain that you sent the originals with the DS-230 and rest of documents. IMO, its not a huge mistake, they keep everything you sent in their files.

Good luck on the interview, I know its hard.. but try to be relaxed :thumbs:

Keep us posted!

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Timeline

I just read a review from somebody else...

Will they ask me for the I-134 affidavit of support application? I don't have it anymore, I sent it in the packet to the embassy in order to get an interview.

Oh #######??? I didn't make a photocopy of that one. Sounds bad!!!

The person's review (k3 visa though):

I had to go to the other room to wait till "my name" was called this time. The second time I had to go to the window, she asked for the I-134 application, 2006 and 2007 of my husband's tax return and his letter of employment. That was all they asked for. Then she told me to go to window 14 to pay my $131- U.S. for the administration fee. Then I had to wait again. I was called for the third time to the window to get my fingerprints done. When I had to go back and wait again. After 29 minutes, I was called into Room 8 where the interview was.

So... its a seperate place... I don't think they will have two folders containing all my documents... unless they pass it out to each other... argh!!

Edited by Vani

5/1/08 - Got my Visa!

2/2/09 - Green Card!

.png

Timeline

Sorry to double post, it didn't let me edit my previous post!

I wanted to mention also...

Did I needed a copy of the DS 256k form too? for the interview that is... I know they have a copy but I really wonder if they have all my papers. Maybe some papers are sent somewhere else for inspection/reviewing?

To Sum it up:

Do I need a copy of DS 256k and I-134 Affidavit of Support?

Thanks, hope someone will post before tomorrow morning.

5/1/08 - Got my Visa!

2/2/09 - Green Card!

.png

Timeline

Sorry for the triple post, for some reason I can't see the edit button anymore.

Do I need a bio form for the interview? Someone else's review said that she needed bio forms... That means I have to type out everything again.

5/1/08 - Got my Visa!

2/2/09 - Green Card!

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.