slim

Do you remember me?

11 posts in this topic

Haven't gotten one of these in a while. Gave me a little grin because I used to have a buddy that would get these spam messages in his inbox and then try to tell me that this hot Russian chick (attached at the bottom) was trying to send him messages. I used to encourage him to talk to her!

I don't have the attachment space left to copy the picture. Anyway, you know what they look like.

Copied from message-

Hi! I'm a single girl and I'm 26 years old. Please take a look at my

pictures and let me know if you like them! I live in Russia and I'm

going to come to your country and work over there very soon! I don't know

anybody over there and I thought it would be great to meet someone who is open to

anything (as I am!). I would be happy to be friends, lovers or create

a serious relationship! We will see what happens!

I hope you will write me back and I will write more info about myself

and send more photos!!!!!!!!!!!

I am writing from my friend's email

address, so please make sure you do not reply directly to this email.

Email me at gvolleyrdk@yahoo.co.uk only.

if you don't use my personal email address then I won't be able to read

your reply and write you back. So it is very important that you get it right.

Ok, I guess it is now your turn. Hope to hear from you today. Bye!!

btw, i got your email from dating website

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

About 3 years ago I was on Yahoo dating and wrote to an attractive girl that after a couple emails indicated she was in Russia. I continued writing but it didn't take me long to realize something wasn't right and so I did a Google search on "Russian scam" and found out for the first time about this little ruse. At the same time I came across my first legitimate Russian dating site and was pretty blown away by the differences between the women on that site and those on Yahoo dating. The seed was planted.

It wasn't until about a year later that I finally decided to do a free registration on that same site I found while researching the scammer. I was curious but didn't really expect anything to come of it. 3 months later I was in Ukraine for the first time meeting my future wife! hahaha I guess I owe my wonderful marriage to one of these scammers... :thumbs:

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Haven't gotten one of these in a while. Gave me a little grin because I used to have a buddy that would get these spam messages in his inbox and then try to tell me that this hot Russian chick (attached at the bottom) was trying to send him messages. I used to encourage him to talk to her!

I don't have the attachment space left to copy the picture. Anyway, you know what they look like.

Copied from message-

Hi! I'm a single girl and I'm 26 years old. Please take a look at my

pictures and let me know if you like them! I live in Russia and I'm

going to come to your country and work over there very soon! I don't know

anybody over there and I thought it would be great to meet someone who is open to

anything (as I am!). I would be happy to be friends, lovers or create

a serious relationship! We will see what happens!

I hope you will write me back and I will write more info about myself

and send more photos!!!!!!!!!!!

I am writing from my friend's email

address, so please make sure you do not reply directly to this email.

Email me at gvolleyrdk@yahoo.co.uk only.

if you don't use my personal email address then I won't be able to read

your reply and write you back. So it is very important that you get it right.

Ok, I guess it is now your turn. Hope to hear from you today. Bye!!

btw, i got your email from dating website

Yeah, I have seen my fair share of these kinds of emails too. I remember in my early days of communicating with Russian girls through the internet I was deceived for about a month. Then she or he or whatever sent me a picture with a big fat Russian man's reflection in a patio door. He was holding a camera taking her photo. She said in the letter that her girlfriend took the picture :lol: This particular scammer is still working the net for profit. If you've seen one you've seen them all:)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sorry slim, I will take you off my mailing list.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I used to have such fun with those ladies. Told them I sent $3K to $6K to cover their visa expense and plane ticket to the nearest airport (since she had to pawn the family heirlooms in order to make the arrangements for her tourist visa and make a down payment on her ticket!) I can't wait, love of my life! Rush to me! I always imagined their faces as they showed up to Western Union, after filling out the forms and waiting, only to be told, "We have no money for you!" :lol: Then I'd continue a few days later (after hearing the money wasn't there) with, oops! I'm sorry I made an error with the transfer number. Here is the correct one... Only to have her go through it all again. A few times I'd get an e-mail back in Russian calling me every мат word in the book. :devil:

Edited by Kazan' Tiger

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i get those too. i play with them for a while to keep them occupied, then tell them they are bugly and that they should get a real job instead of scamming people.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I used to have such fun with those ladies. Told them I sent $3K to $6K to cover their visa expense and plane ticket to the nearest airport (since she had to pawn the family heirlooms in order to make the arrangements for her tourist visa and make a down payment on her ticket!) I can't wait, love of my life! Rush to me! I always imagined their faces as they showed up to Western Union, after filling out the forms and waiting, only to be told, "We have no money for you!" :lol: Then I'd continue a few days later (after hearing the money wasn't there) with, oops! I'm sorry I made an error with the transfer number. Here is the correct one... Only to have her go through it all again. A few times I'd get an e-mail back in Russian calling me every мат word in the book. :devil:

That is awesome! I remember you guys talking about sending them a Western Union number and telling them where to pick it up. I can only imagine the skinny little guy standing in line for his boss only to be yelled at by the chain-smoking babushka who runs the office when he returns with no money. What fun!

I didn't reply to this one, but I think I may just do that with the next one. Great idea. For all those that actually get scammed, maybe a little "pay back" for a few of them will create some poetic justice.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

That is awesome! I remember you guys talking about sending them a Western Union number and telling them where to pick it up. I can only imagine the skinny little guy standing in line for his boss only to be yelled at by the chain-smoking babushka who runs the office when he returns with no money. What fun!

I didn't reply to this one, but I think I may just do that with the next one. Great idea. For all those that actually get scammed, maybe a little "pay back" for a few of them will create some poetic justice.

if you want to really play hardball, get a western union form and fill it out. scan it. send them the scan. insist that the numbers are right and that one particular wester union office they went to has their head up their ####### and that they should go to another office. it's a fun game :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

if you want to really play hardball, get a western union form and fill it out. scan it. send them the scan. insist that the numbers are right and that one particular wester union office they went to has their head up their ####### and that they should go to another office. it's a fun game :thumbs:

That is playing hardball!

Русский форум член.

Timeline

That is playing hardball!

when you read some of these stories, you'll see it's a cut and paste job by the sender. you can ask all the questions you want, rarely will you get an answer. some of the questions i've fired back to the sender i can't post in vj :innocent:

that's a sure fire method though to tell you are talking to a scammer when they ignore your questions.

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I always like to say, "I'm thinking about moving there, to your city. We could have such a nice relationship... in your town!"

No replies.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.