Johana&Jared

Flying from Peru to the US - Several questions, Help!!!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi there :) I picked up my passport with the visa there. Along with that, I got a sealed package from the embassy, yup, that one that should be given to an officer at the port of entry in the US. I'll be departing this Friday, and need to know what else I am supposed to take with me. Should I take anything else apart from my suitcases, passport, flight ticket and this package? I'm extremely concerned about this and would like to know what the ones that have been through this or whose fiancé(ée)s have been through the same know about this. I mainly have concerns about whether or not I'm supposed to be taking cash with me, I know that students and people with tourist visas are supposed to have what we call in Spanish "bolsa de viajes" which is more or less the amount of $500. Also, I wonder if I need to be taking my vaccine report or that's in the package, and if there's any form I should be downloading, filling in and taking with me that day. :help:

Any help would be highly appreciated! The day of my departure is pretty close!!! Thanks in advance.

Johana

P.D. I'm flying from Lima to Houston. Also, I'm taking my kitten with me :) if anyone has taken any pet, let me know how it went, heh.

Jared & Johana

August 13th, 2006: Met at 22:45:17 PM

March 17th, 2007: Became boyfriend and girlfriend! :)

August 2nd, 2007: Jared comes to Peru!

December 10th, 2007: Submitted our K-1 petition, filling for Vermont Service Center

December 14th, 2007: Received NOA1 - receipt

December 30th, 2007: Jared comes to Peru on my birthday!

February 17th, 2008: Touch

February 27th, 2008: Received NOA2 - APPROVED!!

February 28th: NOA2 hardcopy received

March 7th: Our files are sent to NVC

March 13th: Papers leave NVC and head to the US embassy in Peru

March 18th: Our papers arrive at the US embassy in Lima!

March 24th: Confirmed our interview date & received Package 3/4 (also, Jared buys his flight ticket to attend the interview, sweetness!!)

APRIL 18th: our INTERVIEW date! APPROVED!! visa granted! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are immigrating and have a USC sponsor... they will not ask you the cash balance in your wallet.

Take your vaccination record or if you receive one, your DS-3025 from your medical... you will need it for AOS

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Check with the airlines about taking your kitten - it may require shots and proof of shots. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hola Johanna, good luck in everything!!!

CANT wait till you get here and tell me about your new experiences :thumbs:

Ericka who is also from peru just flied into ny last weekend!

she said they didnt ask her for the vaccinations or the xrays!

if u traveling with jared they wont ask for any cash !!

make sure about your kitty .. ask the airlines because some of them need to be in quarantine!!

so find out!!!!!

Check with the airlines about taking your kitten - it may require shots and proof of shots. Good Luck

Visa I 130 for Step Daughter

Sept 2010-- Getting documents ready. sent BC out for translation.

March 1st 2012-- Sent documents to USCIS

June 15th 2012 EMAIL OF APPROVAL !!

Dec 15th 2012 -- Interview scheduled ( 1-23-2013)

Jan 9th 2013--Medical Exam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.