honda99

brining mother on green card

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes, you are correct. Fill out form I-130 for your mother and send all other needed documents such as a copy of your naturalization certificate or passport, and a copy of your birth certificate where it shows your name and your mother's name.

Remember that any document that is not in English has to be accompanied by a translation.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi there...

i'm USC now and i want to bring my mother on greencard what is the process for that? just fill-up I-130? or any other document besides that?

what is the time process i'm talking here?

thanks.

You cannot bring your mother here on a greencard.

You will first petition for your mother ( which establishes an immediate family relationship to a USC) using an I-130. After it is approved, she will then apply for a VISA at the US consulate in her home country. Once approved, she will receive an immigrant visa giving her permission to present herself at the border requesting entry into the USA. After entry and only after entry has been granted, will she receive a greencard.

YMMV

Timeline

Same diff. All USCIS needs is the I-130, then she will get an interview at the embassy which will give her a visa to enter the US, after POE she will get her green card.

So yes, you are correct honda99, all you need is the I-130 and the other supporting documents so your mother can get a green card.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Filed: Timeline

You will first petition for your mother ( which establishes an immediate family relationship to a USC) using an I-130. After it is approved, she will then apply for a VISA at the US consulate in her home country. Once approved, she will receive an immigrant visa giving her permission to present herself at the border requesting entry into the USA. After entry and only after entry has been granted, will she receive a greencard.

how will my mother apply for VISA at the US consulate? i mean will my mother get letter after approve of I-130?

and then showed-up in US Consulate to get GC you mean?

thanks.

how will my mother apply for VISA at the US consulate? i mean will my mother get letter after approve of I-130?

thanks.

Read the guide for CR1/IR1 it is the same process.... your mother would get a IR5 visa, on her entry to the US she would be issed with a Greencard....

Kez

thanks.

Read the guide for CR1/IR1 it is the same process.... your mother would get a IR5 visa, on her entry to the US she would be issed with a Greencard....

Kez

where do i find the guide for CR1/IR1 ?

what is the time for processing I-130 for immedidate relative?

thanks again.

Timeline

honda99,

All you need to do is send the I-130, your naturalization certificate, your birth certificate that shows both your name and your mother's name, forms G-325A for each one, photos and a check for $355.

Depending on which service center you mail it to, it can take from 6-9 months for them to approve your petition. Then it'll be sent to the NVC where it will take between 2-3 months to process. Then they might be able to assign her an interview date with the embassy. Then your mom goes to the interview, she will probably get her visa approved, she will go through POE here in the States and 2-7 weeks later she will receive her green card.

This whole process can take up to a year.

Diana

Edited by Mononoke28

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

honda99,

All you need to do is send the I-130, your naturalization certificate, your birth certificate that shows both your name and your mother's name, forms G-325A for each one, photos and a check for $355.

Depending on which service center you mail it to, it can take from 6-9 months for them to approve your petition. Then it'll be sent to the NVC where it will take between 2-3 months to process. Then they might be able to assign her an interview date with the embassy. Then your mom goes to the interview, she will probably get her visa approved, she will go through POE here in the States and 2-7 weeks later she will receive her green card.

Diana

what about the affidavit of support?? is it required eventually??? thanks a tonnnn!

N400 at NSC (Portland, OR - District Office)

12/20/07: Mailed N400 to NSC

01/02/08: Receipt Notice - "You should expect to be notified within 180 days of this notice.

01/10/08: Fingerprint date notice

01/26/08: Fingerprint done

03/26/08: Called FBI - fingerprint sent back to USCIS

04/11/08: Infopass - was told I am in queue for interview

04/18/08: Called USCIS - was told my interview would be the next 30-45 days

04/21/08: Interview letter notice date

04/22/08: Interview letter postmarked date

04/30/08: Interview letter received

06/11/08: Interview date

honda99,

Diana

are you sure you require Form G-325A and photo to file for my mother I-130 ?

can anybody confirm this please?

thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.