12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

if i have civil marriage (URFI) in egypt but not regestered or recorded not becuse of me but becuse of sucks law here last sumer CAN I make k1 visa and if they know at the embassy it could be problem ONLY EGYPTIAN PLEASE (we have sucks law) so the egyptian whos can answer me

The US recognizes all marriages performed in another country, provided the marriage was legal under that country's laws.

Civil marriage implies that you indeed had a legal marriage and you will be recongized as married under US law.

There are cases where one can have a relgious marriage but not be legally married, but this depends on each country's laws. In some cases a cermony is enough to be considered married.

You need to first clarifiy if indeed you are actually married by law. From there, you choose the type of visa that applies to your situation.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

yeah you can file for K1 visa and your marriage under Egyptian and the American law its illegal marriage .

and it wont be a problem at the USA embassy at all

there are so many couples here are married ( URFI ) and the USA embassy asked some of them if they are married ( URFI ) and they said yes and it was not a problem at all for them to get the visa

so my thoughts to you is go and file for K1 visa

good luck (F)

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Just hope that your interviewer at the embassy is not the one guy who didn't get the memo about the marriage not being recognized by the US. MR. kid brooklyn please explan what u said please and this memo was in egypt?

What he means is that if you suggest that you have had a non-legal marriage to the interviewer, they may assume that you are married and deny a K-1 visa.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

well i did call the embassy 2day and they said no i cant make k3 and k1 its fine for me and there alot of guys mentioned that they had civil marriage with they fiance and its like proof no more but i also heard about what u said in phil and another countrys

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Glad you found out. I was going to say that as long as it wasn't registered at the Ministry of Justice and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs you can file K1 from what I have heard. If you are asked at the embassy level and you explain what kind of marriage that you and your SO have they will understand completely, they deal with this all the time and this can be done only because it is a non registered marriage. There have been several couples that have said that they done this and yes told the consular at the embassy what the marriage or paperwork was and they understood from what I have heard. I believe that you can register that marriage if you got the paperwork together and made a case with the courts but not sure of the process. If you need me to check pm me, my SO was an Egyptian attorney and he could tell you the process. We will probably not be online for a few days as he is arriving today but I can check back if this is something you need information about.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

A beneficiary from India was just denied for this 'non-legal' ceremony they had because they included pics (as proof of relationship).

I suppose each consulate and officer is different but just be aware.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Timeline
A beneficiary from India was just denied for this 'non-legal' ceremony they had because they included pics (as proof of relationship).

I suppose each consulate and officer is different but just be aware.

And another one for showing pics of their engagement ceremony which the officer assumed to be their wedding. They are now going to get married in India and apply for K3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.