12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our online case status hasn't been touched since we filed nearly a year and a half ago so we were surprised when we got 5 emails from USCIS today. All five were identical. They said our interview was cancelled. That's very interesting since we didn't even know one was scheduled. I'm now wondering if they're referring to the interview that was cancelled nine months ago and are just getting around to sending the email or if there was another one scheduled we didn't know about. I would call to inquire about it but I have learned already how pointless that would be.

Edited by elyjack

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Gosh, I am so sorry to hear of your situation, I know you feel like you have been touched by a devil....I would too. Maybe you should send them an email, they may reply to that, perhaps...I am in Tampa too, by the way...so we are neighbors, good luck to you, I am wishing you the best of luck and keeping you in my thoughts :luv:

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm guessing this was for your AOS? I would recommend scheduling an infopass appt because a year and a half is a long time to wait for some type of response.

Barbara (Canada) & Dallas (USC)

AOS

Nov 13 2005 EAD & I-485 sent to Chicago Lockbox

Nov 22, 2005 EAD & I-485 NOA1

Dec 15, 2005 Biometrics for EAD & I-485

Dec 19, 2005 EAD & I-485 Touched

Jan 21, 2006 Rec'd I-485 Fingerprint Reschedule Notice (AHHH!!!)

Feb 10, 2006 Fingerprint App't

Feb 1, 2006 EAD Approved!!!!

Feb 11, 2006 Rec'd EAD card

Feb 13, 2006 Applied for SSN

Feb 17, 2006 Rec'd SSN

Feb 23, 2006 I-485 Transferred to CSC (AHHH!!)

Mar 02, 2006 I-485 Has been received at CSC

Mar 13, 2006 I-485 Touched

Mar 14, 2006 I-485 Touched

Apr 15 & 25 2006 emailed CSC for status inquiry on I-485

Apr 26 2006 received a response from CSC, another response in 60 days (ahhhhh!!!)

Apr 27, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 17, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 19, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 20, 2006 I-485 Touched

July 3, 2006 emailed CSC again, no response given in the allotted 60 days time frame.

July 27, 2006 received a response from CSC, another response will be given in 30 days.. ha ha ha.

***app sent back to Missouri ***app sent to Chicago

Aug 21 2006 touched

Sept 29 2006 3rd year Anniversay

October 13, 2006 Immigration Interview - Need to return with Long Form Birth Certificate

October 13, 2006 Long Form Birth Cert ordered with expediated shipping

October 18, 2006 Birth Cert Received

October 19, 2006 2nd Immigration Interview - APPROVED

5-20 business days for the Green Card to arrive, maybe I'll be back to see my family before Christmas?

I agree with them... infopass is a good idea. I am sorry to hear that you've been waiting for soooo long. I hope there is an Angel to touch my case too ;) .

Princess (F)

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Timeline
I'm guessing this was for your AOS? I would recommend scheduling an infopass appt because a year and a half is a long time to wait for some type of response.

Been there, done that. We made an Infopass appointment in January but they would tell us nothing except that we were in the system and would have to wait. I wrote my congressman but he was of no help (Mike Bilirakis).

According to the web-site they are now processing applications from the month we filed (January, 2005) and also they sent my wife a letter telling her to report for biometrics again (don't have a clue why she has to have it done a second time but we will obviously do it.).

The five cancellation notices came out of the clear blue sky yesterday. Were they talking about the interview they cancelled last August or another one they didn't tell us about yet? Very confusing. I would call somebody to get an explanation but from what I have learned about USCIS all that will happen is that I will spend a lot of time waiting for somebody to pick up the phone so they can tell me absolutely nothing.

I'm going to be patient until about June and then I'm going to make an Infopass appointment again and go the Senator instead of congressman route.

Edited by elyjack

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Princess,

Quick question did you come on a K1 visa? Because I came in on an F1 one visa and now married to a citizen for almost 5 years and was just wondering - if is just the people who came in with K visas who get approved fast?

Cereall

I agree with them... infopass is a good idea. I am sorry to hear that you've been waiting for soooo long. I hope there is an Angel to touch my case too ;) .

Princess (F)

Our congressmen did not help us out much at all either. I would push that you maybe go the senator route if you've already had an infopass appt. I wish you luck, i'm sorry about this situation, it's got to be frustrating and confusing all at once. And I agree, a year and half is an awfully long time to be getting a response now on something that may have happened in the past. Good Luck.

ticker.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I understand your frustration and I don't blame you for not callin but I think I would make an infopass and find out what I could.

My heart goes out to you. This has been a long difficult journey!!

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Princess,

Quick question did you come on a K1 visa? Because I came in on an F1 one visa and now married to a citizen for almost 5 years and was just wondering - if is just the people who came in with K visas who get approved fast?

Cereall

Princess (F)

Hi, Cereall!

Welcome to VJ!

Yes, I came to U.S. on K-1 Visa (please check my K-1 timeline). As far as I can see here in VJ, people entered US on K-1 visa's get approved on their AOS really fast. There are some couples in here gets approved three to four months after filling.

Are you processing your AOS too? Could you :time:

Princess (F)

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Timeline

My wife came on a K1 visa from the Philippines on Christmas Eve 2004, along with her son on a K2 Visa.

Princess,

Cereall

Princess (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.