Shari

Infopass for I-751 stamp 12 days BEFORE GC expires?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
:goofy: Hello. Like so many others, my husband has not received his NOA1 (extension letter) for his I-751 and it looks like he won't. Another member on here went for their biometrics the other day and was told that TSC is having glitches and we won't be sending out any NOA1s. So, since my husband has his biometrics next week on on May 1st, do you think we could make an Infopass that same day to get his extension stamp in his passport even though his GC doesn't expire for another 12 days from then (May 12th), or does the GC have to actually expire before his passport can be stamped? Has anyone gotten their stamp a couple weeks before their GC expired? We will be going to the Tampa office in case anyone has any experience at that office. THANKS! :goofy:

K1 PROCESS:

04/08/05 . . . . Sent I-129F to TSC

08/31/05 . . . . London Interview - APPROVED

AOS PROCESS:

10/06/05 . . . . Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago Lockbox

05/16/06 . . . . APPROVED.

REMOVING CONDITIONS PROCESS:

03/03/08 . . . . Sent I-751 packet to TSC.

02/27/09 . . . . APPROVED.

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

05/21/12 . . . . Sent N-400 packet to Dallas lockbox

09/11/12 . . . . Interview in Atlanta. Oath ceremony same day. Keith is a U.S. Citizen!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:goofy: Hello. Like so many others, my husband has not received his NOA1 (extension letter) for his I-751 and it looks like he won't. Another member on here went for their biometrics the other day and was told that TSC is having glitches and we won't be sending out any NOA1s. So, since my husband has his biometrics next week on on May 1st, do you think we could make an Infopass that same day to get his extension stamp in his passport even though his GC doesn't expire for another 12 days from then (May 12th), or does the GC have to actually expire before his passport can be stamped? Has anyone gotten their stamp a couple weeks before their GC expired? We will be going to the Tampa office in case anyone has any experience at that office. THANKS! :goofy:

You could always have "lost" the card, and need proof of status for some reason (new job, planned trip etc etc) - there's no point in filing I-90 after all when your I-751 is still pending.

The Biometrics letter will have his A-number etc etc on.... so thats all the information they'd need.

Edited by jamieswith

I-751 Process

=============

03/11/08 - Check Cashed by TSC, invalid SRC# on back along with a VLCXX reference.

03/31/08 - Had infopass appointment, got I-551 stamp and Trackable receipt number

04/09/08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter.

04/18/08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am.

04/18/08 - Transferred to Vermont from TSC

06/16/08 - Online Status reports transfer received by Vermont

11/03/08 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/13/09 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/20/09 - Approved!

01/26/09 - New Card Received!

N-400 Process

=============

12/29/08 - Application mailed to TSC

12/30/08 - Arrived at TSC - Forwarded to Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

12/31/08 - Arrived at Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

01/02/09 - Priority Date

01/05/09 - NOA1 Mailed

01/06/09 - Check Cashed

01/09/09 - NOA1 Received (Priority Date of 01/02/09, Some data missing from form)

01/10/09 - Case Touched!

01/27/09 - Duplicate NOA1 Received (Missing Data filled in, was mailed on 01/24/09)

02/28/09 - Interview Letter Received

04/06/09 - Naturalization interview

04/06/09 - Interview Passed!

04/22/09 - Oath Ceremony!

04/22/09 - US Citizen at Last!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Shari,

I talked to officer Martinez last week on the phone and he confirmed that they were not issuing NOAs now. He said that the same type of computer problem that California had with the I-130s last year appears to be the reason. His advice is if you need proof of filing like Jamie said with a job offer like my husband you will have to get the stamp from the local office. Bio letters are not effected with the glitch he told me.

If you go to the office via INFO pass just inform them you need the stamp and they should put one in your passport. Make sure to take a copy of the cashed check, greencard, and passport to your appointment.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I did biometrics in Memphis at 1 p.m. today and made an INFOPASS appointment (for a stamp) for 1:30 p.m. in case biometrics took longer than I expected. I got the biometrics done within 5 minutes and I left Memphis with my passport stamped at 1:32 pm. Today is April 21st and my greencard expires on May 2nd. BTW, ASC and USCIS office are in the same building at Memphis office. The lady who helped me seemed to know what was going on with I 751 Texas situation because she started nodding once I said I never received NOA and my greencard would expire in ten days. She didn't even give me a chance to ask for the stamp. She didn't take my greencard.

Hope it helps, Shari.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Shari, I was in the same situation as your husband. I had the biometrics done and got an I-551 stamp after that just 12 days before my conditional GC expired in Dec. They did take away my expired card. Since then, I have travelled and returned and was 'checked out' separately at the airport. The stamp definitely helped and I'm glad I had it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.