5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Can somebody explain to me about that rfe line how is works?

THANKS

call up the 1800 number and then

press the prompts i think its 2 4 2 1 1 1

some one plz corect me if im wrong

basicaly listen to the prompts that ask u to enter ur case number as if u have misin documents..

good luck! it wil conect u to the SErivce center where ur petition is... ask the officer wat u want

10-12-07 -mailed i130 to VSC

10-16-07- received by VSC

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

4-24-08- NOA2 hardcopy received

4-24-08- NVC CASE #ASSIGNED MDR

5-04-08- EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

5-05-08- DS3032 AND AOS fee bill was generated today

5-05-08- paid AOS fee bill $70 online

5-07-08- AOS FEE now says PAID online, can print cover sht.

5-07-08*cald NVC and msg says AOS $recvd

5-12-08-DS3032 EMAIL Accepted

5-13-08*cald NVC and msg now says DS3032 choice of agent has been received.

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-15-08-AOS packet received by NVC

5-18-08 iv FEE bill invoiced

5-18-08 iv fee $400 paid online

5-20-08-iv fee cleared, able to print covr shet online

5-21-08-mailed DS230 packet to NVC via priority mail

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

5-29-08- DS 230 entered in system

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

6-11-08 case left NVC to chennai via DHL

6-16-08 case reached chennai

7-2-08 appt letter received by beneficiary

7-4-08 medical done in chennai

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

8-28-08 file reached DOS- told by operator

9-2-08- last update to case,told by DOS

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

12-15-08 submitted passport to vfs

12-19-08 VISA ISSUED! in hand!

12-25-08 hubbys arrival! smooth POE!

1-16-09 green card arrives

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The way it works is that you call the 1-800 customer service number at USCIS, while in the automated phone selections you want to press the number that says " if you are calling about a notice that you recieved from USCIS requesting that you submit more evidence...." well something like that, once you do that you will enter in your NOA1 # and it will say you need to submit the evidence that was requested , then you can select to speak with someone regarding your RFE. At this point you will be transferred to your service center to speak with an officer. The key is, do not start the conversation as Im calling to check on the status of my case, they will promptly tell you "we dont do that here you need to call (insert USCIS 1-800 number here). If you have an actual RFE and need some one to explain exactly what it is they are looking for then no problem but they are very aware people try to use that line for case information that does not involve a RFE.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
The way it works is that you call the 1-800 customer service number at USCIS, while in the automated phone selections you want to press the number that says " if you are calling about a notice that you recieved from USCIS requesting that you submit more evidence...." well something like that, once you do that you will enter in your NOA1 # and it will say you need to submit the evidence that was requested , then you can select to speak with someone regarding your RFE. At this point you will be transferred to your service center to speak with an officer. The key is, do not start the conversation as Im calling to check on the status of my case, they will promptly tell you "we dont do that here you need to call (insert USCIS 1-800 number here). If you have an actual RFE and need some one to explain exactly what it is they are looking for then no problem but they are very aware people try to use that line for case information that does not involve a RFE.

I wish they were more aware of people waiting god knows how long for the visa!

:whistle:

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Filed: Other Timeline

I am a Nov CSC CR1 + K3 filer. I never thought of using the RFE trick, because I see that there are some October filers not yet approved. Yet, lately, I've noticed that more and more people who filed after me already got approved and am beginning to feel so anxious. I had a few touches when both cases were available online, yet nothing for 2 months now. I want to try this RFE trick tomorrow to find out something about my case, but I really don't have any excuses. Sigh...

Does anyone have any good ideas? Anyone sucessfully tried? Was it very tough to get something out of the officers?

Thank you for any replies!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.