pugsly

whats your favorite "mother goose ryhme?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Mine is,

Ring around the rosy

Pocket full of posey,

Ashes Ashes,

We all fall down,

Meaning- The words to the Ring around the rosy children's ring game have their origin in English history . The historical period dates back to the Great Plague of London in 1665 (bubonic plague) or even before when the first outbreak of the Plague hit England in the 1300's. The symptoms of the plague included a rosy red rash in the shape of a ring on the skin (Ring around the rosy). Pockets and pouches were filled with sweet smelling herbs ( or posies) which were carried due to the belief that the disease was transmitted by bad smells. The term "Ashes Ashes" refers to the cremation of the dead bodies! The death rate was over 60% and the plague was only halted by the Great Fire of London in 1666 which killed the rats which carried the disease which was transmitting via water sources. The English version of "Ring around the rosy" replaces Ashes with (A-tishoo, A-tishoo) as violent sneezing was another symptom of the disease. We recommend the following site for comprehensive information regarding the Bubonic Plague.

gue in europe.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i can't post my favorite ones, as they are modified by adc :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Oh, does that mean i did something bad? :o

oh no. just the ones i'm familiar with are a bit racy as adc (andrew dice clay) modified them just a little.... :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Pugsly he is just saying that the ones he knows have been changed by the comedien Andrew Dice Clay into something that may offend some members so he cannot post them here. {which I'm going to have to search for online to have my curiousity satisfied} It was a funny comment of sorts if you understand it which I saw you did not. Aesop's fables are good too. Here's my favorite Mother Goose:

Mary, Mary, quite contrary,

How does your garden grow?

With silver bells, and cockle shells,

And pretty maids all in a row.

I used to sing this to my sister all the time as her name is Mary.

Secret History and Origins of the Nursery Rhyme

The relationship of many historical events to the Nursery Rhyme have been long forgotten. The Bubonic Plague and its symptoms were parodied in Ring around the Rosy and the English Queen Mary I (Bloody Mary) was believed to be the 'star' of the Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary rhyme which featured a hidden reference to the Queen's treatment of Protestants using instruments of torture (silver bells) and execution by burning them alive at the stake! It's no wonder that this Queen has since been known as Bloody Mary! Witches and their 'familiars', like cats, frogs, mice and owls, are frequently, but obliquely, referred to in the words of a Nursery Rhyme as we have discussed in The Identity of Mother Goose. We need to understand the people, history and cultures of by-gone days to unlock the hidden meanings of the humble Nursery rhyme. The history and origins of many an 'innocent' Nursery Rhyme can be found on this site! Look closely at the picture that we have used to illustrate the Mary, Mary rhyme - like the words of the Nursery Rhyme it is not what it would at first seem - first impressions can be deceptive!

Got that info here

Edited by Eresh

3dflagsdotcom_roman_2faws.gifaheart2.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Our CR-1 Timeline

Feb 20, 2010 ~ We will file to remove conditions

Hickory Dickery Dock

The ##### was sucking my ####

etc, etc.

lol

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Old King Cole was a merry old soul

And a merry old soul was he

He called for his pipe and he called for his bowl

I guess we all know about Old King Cole.

It means he was too stoned to get his own paraphernalia .

Edited by Nagishkaw

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Old King Cole was a merry old soul

And a merry old soul was he

He called for his pipe and he called for his bowl

I guess we all know about Old King Cole.

It means he was too stoned to get his own paraphernalia .

Very sad he cant even get a job to get his own paraphernalia. He reminds me of my x-husband.

Timeline

Mine too....good for nothing old Indian man!

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Anishinabe, Keweenaw Bay .

kodasmall3.jpg