yukfou

Good news Finally in the U.S

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey guys,

I finally got here on tuesday after a long journey. My p.o.e was a breeze through immigration and customs. The immigration officer only asked me which company did I work for? and got very impressed :) He didn't say welcome to America...aah well :)

Bad news is, me and my fiance took a cab from lax and to the union station and I forgot my laptop bag in it :( which obviously had my brand new lap top with very important data in it. I bought a gold/diamond ring and a gold/diamond necklace which was friggin expensive. I also lost my ipod which was in the bag as well. All my previous immigration documents were in it which are no use to me any more except one of the forms which I already ordered from my lawer to apply for A.O.S. I can't believe I was such a air head but I guess I was really tired and it was meant to be :crying: . Thank god my passport and my wallet was in my pocket. I forgot to take the reciept from the cab driver so couldn't locate him. Called every cab service in L.A and still can't find him. It friggin sux. That incident totally killed my excitement of being here but again I am trying to be positive. Guys please pray for me that some miracle happens and I find my bag.

Hey guys,

I finally got here on tuesday after a long journey. My p.o.e was a breeze through immigration and customs. The immigration officer only asked me which company did I work for? and got very impressed :) He didn't say welcome to America...aah well :)

Bad news is, me and my fiance took a cab from lax and to the union station and I forgot my laptop bag in it :( which obviously had my brand new lap top with very important data in it. I bought a gold/diamond ring and a gold/diamond necklace which was friggin expensive. I also lost my ipod which was in the bag as well. All my previous immigration documents were in it which are no use to me any more except one of the forms which I already ordered from my lawer to apply for A.O.S. I can't believe I was such a air head but I guess I was really tired and it was meant to be :crying: . Thank god my passport and my wallet was in my pocket. I forgot to take the reciept from the cab driver so couldn't locate him. Called every cab service in L.A and still can't find him. It friggin sux. That incident totally killed my excitement of being here but again I am trying to be positive. Guys please pray for me that some miracle happens and I find my bag.

Oh that's terrible - what a horrible way to begin your new life :( Well maybe you will hear something - maybe you could report it to the police as well?

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Well besides all the bad luck you been having Welcome Yukfou!!!!!

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

• 3 weeks later...
Well no luck so far but I have my finger crossed that I will get it. Thanks for the motivation and warm welcome guys.

Stranger things have happened. You may get someone who is grand and will return everything. Ask Allah for help and no one. Maybe a much greater reward will be your result because of the patience and positive attitude you show. Allah many times tests us by taking away our most treasured material goods. I know this because I have also lost my valaubles but received a much greater reward for understanding Allah's greater scheme.

Tammy

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.