flavaofsummer

i called the uscis for information on n400 case interview dates

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

i applied in novembers end and already got my fingerprints done in febuary and now im waiting for the interview letter. i called them they said i should hear from them within 7 months over all starting with when i sent in my application.. so by june i should hear from them,, im rather confused about that cuz for my state and all states if u check their local offices all the dates they r doing the n400 r june 30 2007. whats the deal with that? and r they telling the truth about the 7month perioid? does anyone know anything about this can u explain it to me?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I applied in September, 2007, have had my fingerprints done, and have heard nothing since.

I heard it can take anywhere up to 18 months or 2 years for approval, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

Good luck.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

I applied in September, 2007, have had my fingerprints done, and have heard nothing since.

I heard it can take anywhere up to 18 months or 2 years for approval, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

Good luck.

I just called USCIS, I can't get any info for my receipt # online. Anyway, the IO says "I have a good news for you, ....April 18, and your interview should be within the next 30-45days" Then I asked if he meant the IL was dated 4/18/08, and he said yes. So I hope to get my IL within next week.

N400 at NSC (Portland, OR - District Office)

12/20/07: Mailed N400 to NSC

01/02/08: Receipt Notice - "You should expect to be notified within 180 days of this notice.

01/10/08: Fingerprint date notice

01/26/08: Fingerprint done

03/26/08: Called FBI - fingerprint sent back to USCIS

04/11/08: Infopass - was told I am in queue for interview

04/18/08: Called USCIS - was told my interview would be the next 30-45 days

04/21/08: Interview letter notice date

04/22/08: Interview letter postmarked date

04/30/08: Interview letter received

06/11/08: Interview date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You have to have a 13 digit alpha numeric word before you can check your status on-line and since the N-400 receipt number is 12 digits, they add a * after the LIN.

Or LIN*00xxxxx07

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good luck.

I just called USCIS, I can't get any info for my receipt # online. Anyway, the IO says "I have a good news for you, ....April 18, and your interview should be within the next 30-45days" Then I asked if he meant the IL was dated 4/18/08, and he said yes. So I hope to get my IL within next week.

Hey Kiwis!.

Looks like the journey is finally over for you..Congrats!!!!...Do you mind giving me feedback on the interview since we have thesame District Office(Portland)....

Will be looking forward to hear from your experience...

Thanks

Hey Kiwis!.

Looks like the journey is finally over for you..Congrats!!!!...Do you mind giving me feedback on the interview since we have thesame District Office(Portland)....

Will be looking forward to hear from your experience...

Thanks

My journey to citizenship is not getting THAT close yet... I will let you know when I actually GET the IL... and I can let you know about the interview too~ now I just can't wait till I get my IL and I am hoping the interview date is the same as the oath date...

My receipt # is a LIN*00XXXXXXX, so that makes it 13 digits including *

I am still a little skeptical about what the IO said to me on the phone that my interview would be within the next 30-45days, cuz if he knew the IL was dated 4/18/08, he should be able to see from the computer the exact date of my interview... but he just said "next 30-45days" --__-- is he not allowed to tell me the date on the phone?

01/02/08: Receipt Notice - "You should expect to be notified within 180 days of this notice.

i applied in novembers end and already got my fingerprints done in febuary and now im waiting for the interview letter. i called them they said i should hear from them within 7 months over all starting with when i sent in my application.. so by june i should hear from them,, im rather confused about that cuz for my state and all states if u check their local offices all the dates they r doing the n400 r june 30 2007. whats the deal with that? and r they telling the truth about the 7month perioid? does anyone know anything about this can u explain it to me?

I think you should ignore the processing dates for your local district office... it doesn't give you much info but to confuse you... the best way to find out your case is to call USCIS or make an infopass appointment. When you call USCIS, you should ask them your status, eg. did you pass your background check, if the answer is yes, that means you should be in queue for interview... you could try check your status online, but my receipt # can't pull up any info... and when I called and gave my receipt # to the first person I talked to, he/she couldn't find ANY info on my receipt #, then he/she said would transfer me to another person to get more info on my case, I guess that was an IO. Anyway, good luck, and do call them!

Filed: Timeline

yeah but i did call uscis and the lady was pissy and rude she was like NO MAAM THATS ILLEGAL ITS PERSONAL INFORMATION WE DONT KNOW ABOUT UR BACKGROUND CHECK NO ONE KNOWS ITS PERSONAL INFORMATION NONE OF US KNOW IF THE FINGERPRINTS CLEARED so i was like thiking to myself ok ok calm down lady dont have a heart attack, and hung up.

I think you should ignore the processing dates for your local district office... it doesn't give you much info but to confuse you... the best way to find out your case is to call USCIS or make an infopass appointment. When you call USCIS, you should ask them your status, eg. did you pass your background check, if the answer is yes, that means you should be in queue for interview... you could try check your status online, but my receipt # can't pull up any info... and when I called and gave my receipt # to the first person I talked to, he/she couldn't find ANY info on my receipt #, then he/she said would transfer me to another person to get more info on my case, I guess that was an IO. Anyway, good luck, and do call them!

• 3 weeks later...

yeah but i did call uscis and the lady was pissy and rude she was like NO MAAM THATS ILLEGAL ITS PERSONAL INFORMATION WE DONT KNOW ABOUT UR BACKGROUND CHECK NO ONE KNOWS ITS PERSONAL INFORMATION NONE OF US KNOW IF THE FINGERPRINTS CLEARED so i was like thiking to myself ok ok calm down lady dont have a heart attack, and hung up.[quote

what happened to you was weird... I called them a total of a few times so far, and I've had no problem... maybe you should try calling again and perhaps you would be connected to someone nicer... good luck, or you can make an infopass appt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.