Can Obama Beat McCain? "Yes, yes, yes!" - Hillary

37 posts in this topic

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve - I have read a lot of suggestions that a lot of other key Democrats privately believe the same thing. One of them being John Edwards

The point remains that Hillary is now contradicting herself.

you are referencing private conversation in which she is supposed to have said this, yes?

90day.jpg

Steve, focusing on something so ridiculous is rather 'tabloid'. Of course Hillary is going to concede that Barack could win the election. However, I am sure she still feels that she is better placed to win the election than he is - and that should have always been her position rather than this dogged 'Barack can't win'. Clearly he has popular support but she and others may well feel that his election isn't inevitable against McCain, she might even consider that Barack would have a hard time winning against McCain. She may even be right on that too.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Steve - I have read a lot of suggestions that a lot of other key Democrats privately believe the same thing. One of them being John Edwards

The point remains that Hillary is now contradicting herself.

you are referencing private conversation in which she is supposed to have said this, yes?

No. Listen to the George Stephonopolis (sp) in the link I posted above. All I did was recap what was being said by people such as David Gergen on what he did last night be now saying she believes Obama can beat McCain. I'm delighted as hell she said that...it's the first major step in the necessary healing process for the Party in order to come together behind one candidate for the general election.

Steve, focusing on something so ridiculous is rather 'tabloid'. Of course Hillary is going to concede that Barack could win the election. However, I am sure she still feels that she is better placed to win the election than he is - and that should have always been her position rather than this dogged 'Barack can't win'. Clearly he has popular support but she and others may well feel that his election isn't inevitable against McCain, she might even consider that Barack would have a hard time winning against McCain. She may even be right on that too.

PH, I know you didn't watch the debate so did you listen to any of the analysis of the debate? Read any commentary outside of VJ on it?

No. Listen to the George Stephonopolis (sp) in the link I posted above. All I did was recap what was being said by people such as David Gergen on what he did last night be now saying she believes Obama can beat McCain. I'm delighted as hell she said that...it's the first major step in the necessary healing process for the Party in order to come together behind one candidate for the general election.

Yes - it refers to a private conversation with Bill Richardson. It's not like she's had it in her campaign speeches (not that I've seen). I'm not sure this the big "gotcha" moment you seem to think it is.

You would think the "electability" of a certain candidate would be a good debate by members of any politcal party. You know, if they want to win.

Edited by rkl57

90day.jpg

All I know is this, It's fun to watch the dems chase their tails like this. I am reminded of a few comments made at the beginning of the year. Something about how the rep party is fractured because we didn't have a clear candidate and how the dems could consolidate around Hillary because she was going to win quickly. A real reversal of fortunes isn't it?

I honestly don't see what the problem is. She believes that Obama can beat McCain -

she just doesn't believe that an Obama win would be the best thing for this country.

Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., and former President Bill Clinton are making very direct arguments to Democratic superdelegates, starkly insisting Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., cannot win a general election against presumptive Republican nominee, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.

Sources with direct knowledge of the conversation between Sen. Clinton and Governer Bill Richardson, D-N.M., prior to the Governor's endorsement of Obama say she told him flatly, "He cannot win, Bill. He cannot win."

Click on the link to hear George Stenopolis...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/02/h...ob_n_94770.html

Yes, I thought Clintons have been insisting that Obama can not win against McCain. But yesterday, Hillary said Obama can beat McCain. That is the point Steven was making, I think.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

All I know is this, It's fun to watch the dems chase their tails like this. I am reminded of a few comments made at the beginning of the year. Something about how the rep party is fractured because we didn't have a clear candidate and how the dems could consolidate around Hillary because she was going to win quickly. A real reversal of fortunes isn't it?

Fun to watch a democratic process unfold? Yes, I suppose it is, although I still think that the nomination process should be reviewd and updated. So, are you solidly behind your candidate now? I am sure McCain's policies are ones that you can be justly proud of, him being the best Republican candidate for the job of president.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

This was the low point of the debate. Pure tabloid, fed to Steph by Hannity.

It's a valid question. He may or may not share Aires views but the fact he is "friendly" with him shows a lack of judgment. The fact that he served on a paid board with him shows a further lack of judgment. The fact that he did it after this guy said he didn't do enough bombing and killing shows an even further lack of judgment. Add to this the views of his pastor of 20 years and the fact he continued to go to his church for 20 years knowing his pastors views constitutes a pattern of behavior. Obama has many questions about his judgment and his relationships to people that are openly hostile to America.

Fun to watch a democratic process unfold? Yes, I suppose it is, although I still think that the nomination process should be reviewd and updated. So, are you solidly behind your candidate now? I am sure McCain's policies are ones that you can be justly proud of, him being the best Republican candidate for the job of president.

I agree with McCain about 70% of the time. Of course I want him to win when you consider that I agree with Obama 0% of the time and Hillary 15% of the time.

There's a change in fortunes. I thought when he was nominated you would only vote for him in order to put a Rep in the WH so that he could choose the preferred supreme judges?

There's a change in fortunes. I thought when he was nominated you would only vote for him in order to put a Rep in the WH so that he could choose the preferred supreme judges?

Thats the biggest reason. I happen to also agree with his stance on the war. The rest remains to be seen. What is your point? Is there something wrong with supporting a candidate even though he wasn't my first choice?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes - it refers to a private conversation with Bill Richardson. It's not like she's had it in her campaign speeches (not that I've seen). I'm not sure this the big "gotcha" moment you seem to think it is.

You would think the "electability" of a certain candidate would be a good debate by members of any politcal party. You know, if they want to win.

It doesn't hinder on whether she's said those exact words in public or not...it's what has been said in other words by her and her campaign. On several occasions here in OT the argument that Hillary should be the nominee because Obama can't beat McCain.

Did you happen to listen to any of the analysis of the debate or read any afterwards?

PHILADELPHIA (April 17) - Hillary Rodham Clinton said emphatically Wednesday night that Barack Obama can win the White House this fall, undercutting her efforts to deny him the Democratic presidential nomination by suggesting he would lead the party to defeat.

http://news.aol.com/elections/story/_a/cli...416163209990001

Thats the biggest reason. I happen to also agree with his stance on the war. The rest remains to be seen. What is your point? Is there something wrong with supporting a candidate even though he wasn't my first choice?

Although his chance of nominating conservative justices in a Democratically dominated house and senate are about nill.

keTiiDCjGVo