Carlos Torres

I have a question about my wife's interview on may 9th, 2008

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

How you doing yall?

My name is Carlos. I just wanted to ask anybody, my wife has received her interview date for this May 9th, 2008 at 9:30am.

My wife and I have been married for almost one year (June 9th, 2007) and we both have been waiting for this moment for almost one year. I live here in Maryland and she still lives in Peru. I've known her since i was 5 years old, she lives in my neightborhood back in Peru and well we had a history together since we were little, she was the one that gave me my first kiss, my first love and right now she is my everything and my wife :P.

I've been living in Maryland since 1999 but I kept in touch with her through the years, after that I went back to Peru for the first time, June 1st, 2007 and we got married June 9th, 2007, but since I have my life here I could only stayed for 2 weeks, then came back to Maryland, then 2 months later went back to see my wife for a couple of days, then came back and I've been doing this trip back and forth 4 times already and I am happy to know that her interview date is next month.

My wife is going to go to the interview by herself and because of my work I couldn't take off to go around these date to accompany her to the interview but I already bought a plane ticket for May 16th, and come back on the 20th of May but I also bought her plane ticket thinking that if her interview is May 9th, then eveything will be ok after that, right? But I'm just scared that they might deny her visa or something could happen and they might tell her to come back another day, I dont know...does anybody know if there is a probability that she will get her visa that same day and everything will be good for her to come back to the US with me by May 20th, 2008. I also wanted to know what documents does she need to take because I thought the documents, such as; police records, military records and those documents i thought that she would needed to take those documents to the interview, but now they told me to mail those documents to the Visa center and they will forward the documents to the Embassy in Peru, so I'm not sure what documents does my wife needs to take besides the results of her physical; just in case I made copies of all documents that I've sent to the visa center and i printed emails, letters, pictures, also pictures from our marriage so she could take those and also all my cell phone bill for the past year.

If anybody can help me to understand what can happened and if she will be granted the visa the same day and if she will be ready to come with me by May 20th, 2008 since i already bought the plane tickets.

Thank you very much,

Carlos Torres

How you doing yall?

My name is Carlos. I just wanted to ask anybody, my wife has received her interview date for this May 9th, 2008 at 9:30am.

My wife and I have been married for almost one year (June 9th, 2007) and we both have been waiting for this moment for almost one year. I live here in Maryland and she still lives in Peru. I've known her since i was 5 years old, she lives in my neightborhood back in Peru and well we had a history together since we were little, she was the one that gave me my first kiss, my first love and right now she is my everything and my wife :P .

I've been living in Maryland since 1999 but I kept in touch with her through the years, after that I went back to Peru for the first time, June 1st, 2007 and we got married June 9th, 2007, but since I have my life here I could only stayed for 2 weeks, then came back to Maryland, then 2 months later went back to see my wife for a couple of days, then came back and I've been doing this trip back and forth 4 times already and I am happy to know that her interview date is next month.

My wife is going to go to the interview by herself and because of my work I couldn't take off to go around these date to accompany her to the interview but I already bought a plane ticket for May 16th, and come back on the 20th of May but I also bought her plane ticket thinking that if her interview is May 9th, then eveything will be ok after that, right? But I'm just scared that they might deny her visa or something could happen and they might tell her to come back another day, I dont know...does anybody know if there is a probability that she will get her visa that same day and everything will be good for her to come back to the US with me by May 20th, 2008. I also wanted to know what documents does she need to take because I thought the documents, such as; police records, military records and those documents i thought that she would needed to take those documents to the interview, but now they told me to mail those documents to the Visa center and they will forward the documents to the Embassy in Peru, so I'm not sure what documents does my wife needs to take besides the results of her physical; just in case I made copies of all documents that I've sent to the visa center and i printed emails, letters, pictures, also pictures from our marriage so she could take those and also all my cell phone bill for the past year.

If anybody can help me to understand what can happened and if she will be granted the visa the same day and if she will be ready to come with me by May 20th, 2008 since i already bought the plane tickets.

Thank you very much,

Carlos Torres

You will need to bring the appointment letter, your proof of ongoing relationship {looks like you have that part coverd with the emails, phone bill, etc.}, originals of the documents you send to NVC just in case they ask for them, 2 passport type photos {I know you had to send them to NVC, but bring them to be on the safe side}, and your medical exam results. It is also wise to bring updated financial info just in case as I've seen posts on here about the embassies wanting them. You will of course need your passport also.

As for buying the plane ticket early, I wouldn't have done it myself b/c nothing is guaranteed. Good luck on getting the visa!

edited to add: you will also need to bring anything else your embassy requires. You should check with other VJ members from your country for info on that.

Edited by Eresh

3dflagsdotcom_roman_2faws.gifaheart2.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Our CR-1 Timeline

Feb 20, 2010 ~ We will file to remove conditions

I have not gone through the interview process as of yet however I can offer a bit of advice. I do not think that you are able to get your visa the same day you are approved for the interview. I believe it is usually delivered by mail or you can pick it up a week or so later. That should still give enough time for her to get it but it might be close. The documents you bring or don't depend on the consulate- you can check here by selecting your specific consulate http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3830.html and it will show what will be required for the interview. I suggest bringing the copies of the documents you made and proof of relationship with a couple photos and maybe a phone bill. I hope this helps! :)

I have not gone through the interview process as of yet however I can offer a bit of advice. I do not think that you are able to get your visa the same day you are approved for the interview. I believe it is usually delivered by mail or you can pick it up a week or so later. That should still give enough time for her to get it but it might be close. The documents you bring or don't depend on the consulate- you can check here by selecting your specific consulate http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3830.html and it will show what will be required for the interview. I suggest bringing the copies of the documents you made and proof of relationship with a couple photos and maybe a phone bill. I hope this helps! :)

It depends on the embassy as to when the beneficiary is given the visa. Some are same day, some are next, and I've even heard of them being mailed out. More than " a couple photos and maybe a phone bill" will be needed to prove an ongoing relationship.

3dflagsdotcom_roman_2faws.gifaheart2.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Our CR-1 Timeline

Feb 20, 2010 ~ We will file to remove conditions

Timeline
How you doing yall?

My wife and I have been married for almost one year (June 9th, 2007) and we both have been waiting for this moment for almost one year. I live here in Maryland and she still lives in Peru. I've known her since i was 5 years old, she lives in my neightborhood back in Peru and well we had a history together since we were little, she was the one that gave me my first kiss, my first love and right now she is my everything and my wife :P .

Thank you very much,

Carlos Torres

You will need to bring the appointment letter, your proof of ongoing relationship {looks like you have that part coverd with the emails, phone bill, etc.}, originals of the documents you send to NVC just in case they ask for them, 2 passport type photos {I know you had to send them to NVC, but bring them to be on the safe side}, and your medical exam results. It is also wise to bring updated financial info just in case as I've seen posts on here about the embassies wanting them. You will of course need your passport also.

As for buying the plane ticket early, I wouldn't have done it myself b/c nothing is guaranteed. Good luck on getting the visa!

edited to add: you will also need to bring anything else your embassy requires. You should check with other VJ members from your country for info on that.

Does my wife need to bring ALL ORIGINAL COPIES to the interview? because all originals were already sent to the NVC and we just made photocopies of all those documents and that's what she is going to be presenting, would that be sufficient? or does she need to get one more set of originals for the police records, certificate of birth and all those documents?

Thank you guys

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Does my wife need to bring ALL ORIGINAL COPIES to the interview? because all originals were already sent to the NVC and we just made photocopies of all those documents and that's what she is going to be presenting, would that be sufficient? or does she need to get one more set of originals for the police records, certificate of birth and all those documents?

Thank you guys

Hi Carlos,

I've added a link that will send you to more links for help/checklists for the Peru interview... We had ours approved on 4/10.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1754680

The question that you asked about the copies is in there too. Basically they could ask you for originals of anything you submitted with your I-129F packet. If you sent the originals of the info in the packet, then this shouldn't be a problem. You submitted original evidence (phone records, receipts)?

The police certificates (3), birth certificate (legalizada por RENIEC if she's from a provincia), government forms (ds-156, ds-157, of-156k, of-179), I-134, your letter from the bank, your letter from your employer, receipt for paying for the visa tariff and medical exam info should all be originals.

Buena suerte!

Shannon

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Timeline

Thank you guys

Hi Carlos,

I've added a link that will send you to more links for help/checklists for the Peru interview... We had ours approved on 4/10.

The question that you asked about the copies is in there too. Basically they could ask you for originals of anything you submitted with your I-129F packet. If you sent the originals of the info in the packet, then this shouldn't be a problem. You submitted original evidence (phone records, receipts)?

The police certificates (3), birth certificate (legalizada por RENIEC if she's from a provincia), government forms (ds-156, ds-157, of-156k, of-179), I-134, your letter from the bank, your letter from your employer, receipt for paying for the visa tariff and medical exam info should all be originals.

Buena suerte!

Shannon

hey Shannon, thank you for the info...thank God i submitted all originals, i just called the NVC and they told me since I sent the originals then i dont need to bring any other originals and copies are good enought...Congratulations on your Visa getting approved, one questions, did you get your visa the same day? or is it going to be mail to you or how does it take to receive it? because my wife's interview is going to be May 9th, 2008 and I am flying to Peru on the 16th, 2008 and coming back here to Maryland on the 20th and I already bought her plane ticket too :( but im not sure if she is going to be ready by then...did you get your visa right away?

thank you again for the info.

Carlos Torres Jr.

Timeline

Thank you guys

Hi Carlos,

Buena suerte!

Shannon

hey Shannon, thank you for the info...thank God i submitted all originals, i just called the NVC and they told me since I sent the originals then i dont need to bring any other originals and copies are good enought...Congratulations on your Visa getting approved, one questions, did you get your visa the same day? or is it going to be mail to you or how does it take to receive it? because my wife's interview is going to be May 9th, 2008 and I am flying to Peru on the 16th, 2008 and coming back here to Maryland on the 20th and I already bought her plane ticket too :( but im not sure if she is going to be ready by then...did you get your visa right away?

Carlos Torres Jr.

ohhh i forgot i did sent all originals cell phone bills I had for the past year to my wife, hope they wont ask for too many things...how long does an interview usually last?

Gracias de nuevo ;)

Carlos Torres Jr.

Timeline

Thank you guys

Hi Carlos,

Buena suerte!

Shannon

Carlos Torres Jr.

ohhh i forgot i did sent all originals cell phone bills I had for the past year to my wife, hope they wont ask for too many things...how long does an interview usually last?

Gracias de nuevo ;)

Carlos Torres Jr.

Hey,

sorry to bother you, my wife was telling me that she has read that for the interview you actually have to pay a fee, is that true?, she said that it has to be paid at the National Bank of the State but I have never heard of such a thing, and I just called the NVC and as usual I always get someone uncooperative that does not want to help me at all, so I am not sure if she is going to pay for any fee for just having an interview done or not???

Thank you

Thank you guys

Hi Carlos,

Buena suerte!

Shannon

Carlos Torres Jr.

Gracias de nuevo ;)

Carlos Torres Jr.

Hey,

sorry to bother you, my wife was telling me that she has read that for the interview you actually have to pay a fee, is that true?, she said that it has to be paid at the National Bank of the State but I have never heard of such a thing, and I just called the NVC and as usual I always get someone uncooperative that does not want to help me at all, so I am not sure if she is going to pay for any fee for just having an interview done or not???

Thank you

hey carlos, I am going thru the process now, interview, april 21..It will usually take 2 days after you are approved to get your visa in hand..Most people just go to the DHL office in san isidro. Your wife should have received packet 3 with all the required docs needed..The embassy staff here in lima, are very willing to answer any of your questions..As for the tickets, another poster said nothing is for sure, I agree..Go to the embassy reviews for peru, a wealth of info there for you..good luck...Daniel and Meche..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi Carlos,

See answers below in color! :)

Shannon

Thank you guys

Hi Carlos,

Buena suerte!

Shannon

No problem on the info! :)

No, visa is not rec'd same day; sent usually within 48 hours to the local DHL office of your choice. If you're missing any papers however, you might have to wait. David and I waited to buy his ticket, but lots of people buy them for a few days after the interview.

Carlos Torres Jr.

Gracias de nuevo ;)

Carlos Torres Jr.

We were there for an hour and a half all together. Yes, there is a wealth of info in the Embassy reviews section.

Hey,

Thank you

The fee is the tariff that I'm assuming that she paid at Banco de la Nación? $131 for a K-1 visa (you're a different one; don't know if they are the same?). You might want to ask her if she brought the paper from the Embassy with her to the bank to be sure.

Good luck with your interview! :)

Edited by Shannon and David

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.