Mr. Big Dog

Boss Backing Obama

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Boss Backing Obama

Share April 16, 2008 10:56 AM

ABC News' Sunlen Miller and Nitya Venkataraman Report: Legendary rocker Bruce Springsteen is throwing his support behind the presidential bid of Sen. Barack Obama, calling the Illinois Democrat "head and shoulders above the rest".

In a letter to fans on his website, the Boss said Obama "speaks to the America I've envisioned in my music for the past 35 years, a generous nation with a citizenry willing to tackle nuanced and complex problems, a country that's interested in its collective destiny and in the potential of its gathered spirit."

"A place where '...nobody crowds you, and nobody goes it alone,'" the iconic musician continued in his letter, quoting from his 2007 song "Long Road Home".

Known for powerful lyrics that detail the struggles of the working class in small town America, Springsteen's endorsement comes at a time when Obama is fighting accusations of elitism and being out of touch with small town voters.

Recent Obama "comments and relationships" the Boss says in his letter to fans "have been ripped out of the context and fabric of the man's life and vision...often in order to distract us from discussing the real issues: war and peace, the fight for economic and racial justice, reaffirming our constitution and the protection and enhancement of our environment."

Only time will tell if Springsteen hits "The Rising" and "The Promised Land" will still be staple songs at former president Bill Clinton's campaign rallies for his wife. Following her wins in Texas, Ohio and Rhode Island on March 4, Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y. celebrated with Springsteen song "Land of Hope and Dreams" overhead in the ballroom.

During the 1984 presidential election, the liberal rocker objected to Republican incumbent President Ronald Reagan using one of his best-known hits "Born in the U.S.A.", a song that gave voice to the struggles of Vietnam War veterans.

During the 2004 election, Springsteen performed in MoveOn.org's Vote for Change tour campaiging with a coaltion of musicians against the reelection of President George Bush.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/20...backing-ob.html

he is the boss...and yes, he should have backed jim earlier...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well, I guess that seals it for me......I always follow whatever Bruce Springston does :reading:

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I never liked his music.

Regardless, I am not sure what celebrity endorsement proves. While Mr Springstein certainly has a right to back whatever candidate he chooses, and can tell the world about it if he so wishes, it doesn't clarify any of Mr Obama's policies, or make anything he says more 'true'.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Singers, Athletes and Actors here seem to believe their pay check represents their IQ. In reality it is probably the inverse of that..

Edited by Boo-Yah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.