bgnsmn

Do I have any hope at all?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Well I am praying and hoping for you since we also filed in Jan and have a Sept 27th wedding planned haha! I booked at a place that allows me flexibility though in case we need to change to a later date ;) Good luck!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

we have changed our plans three times and now we just flat dont have one when he gets here we will get married thats all i can count on........with csc its anyones guess how long it will take.......i will pray for u and hope that u have a fast and problem free journey .........

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Wow, that's some great information, it seems that I am cutting it pretty close. The second date I have is for 10/18, so that might be a better one to choose. Also, I was wondering if it's possible to get a visitor's visa while the K-1 is in process...anyone know?

Don't give up hope, but as many said, if you have a great deal of money riding on the wedding it may be wise to postpone the date. Remember that he has 6 months to enter the US once he gets his visa and then 90 days to get married, so if you are unsure of the wedding date, maybe later is better. You can see in my timeline how quickly things progressed once we got our NOA2. Actually, we might have gotten the interview date sooner, but he was in the US when we got the paperwork from Frankfurt.

And yes, it is possible to get a tourist visa, but I suppose it depends on the country. Since Germany has the Visa Waiver Program, he just brought evidence with him of ties to home (contract from his job, proof of being registered in grad school, etc) and once we got the NOA2 he brought a copy of that too. He visited twice during the process and all was fine. He was questioned the last time in Stuttgart and once they found out he wasn't going to the US to work, they were cool. He's never had a problem entering the US, but of course, every situation is unique.

Best of luck to you!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

To avoid wedding issues, we decided to get married at the courthouse and then have a celebratory wedding later...

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.