Half of 1

We reget to inform you - the letter!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi all,

I hope I'm doing this right. I'm a newbie (actually a sad newbie :crying: ) Today my husband had his interview in Casablanca. After 5 hours he was given the proverbial "kiss of death" as he was handed his passport. The letter reads as follows:

"This office regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible to receie a visa under the following section(s) of the Immigration and Natinality Act. The information contained in the paragraphs marked with "X" pertain to your visa application. Please disregard the unmarked paragraphs."

The section that was checked was - "OTHER: We need to review the documents you presented during your interview. We will contact you when we hare finished with our review."

Now, I can understand needing to check the information but my husband told me that this woman would not even look at a single piece of paper that was presented to her. In the paperwork my husband included emails from me, my mom and my daughter, emails, cell phone bills, skype logs everything. Before he left, he was told this could take MONTHS! :blink:

Has anyone else come across this problem? If so, how long did it take for them to get back to you? Was it really "months"?

This waiting is really beginning to suck! The frustration level is reaching an all time high! LOL We just want him home!

Any comments, advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

June 30, 2008: Sent NOA to Chicago via Fed Ex

July 1, 2008: NOA Received in Chicago

July 7, 2008: Check cashed, Notice Date for I485 & I765

July 9, 2008: Notice Date of Biometrics

July 11, 2008: Received NOA's for I-485 & I-765 in mail

July 12, 2008: Received Biometrics Appointment for July 25th

July 25, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

Sept 3, 2008: Card Production Ordered (EAD)

Sept 8, 2008: Received EAD Card in the mail. Received CRIS email that Approval Notice for EAD sent! Go figure huh?

Sept 11, 2008: Applied for SSN

Sept 15, 2008: Received SSN in mail

Sept 18, 2008: STARTED HIS 1ST U.S. JOB!! WHOOO HOOOOO!

***********2009************************

Feb 13, 2009: Received Letter for Interview April 8th *nothing updated on USCIS website since July 7th when they received our packet. No email from CRIS regarding the letter being sent.

Apr 6, 2009 Our 2 year Moroccan Wedding Anniversary!

Apr 8, 2008 Interview - APPROVED for 10 year GC!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Sounds pretty typical for Casa. Maybe if you posted this in the regional section under the Middle east/North Africa area you will get more responses from people that actually went through the interview there. I hope you hear something soon.

Meriem (F)

Edited by Meriem_setif

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Timeline
Sounds pretty typical for Casa. Maybe if you posted this in the Middle east/North Africa area you will get more responses from people that actually went through the interview there. I hope you hear something soon.

Meriem (F)

Thanks for the tip! I will give that a try!! :dance:

Sept 8, 2008: Received EAD Card in the mail. Received CRIS email that Approval Notice for EAD sent! Go figure huh?

Feb 13, 2009: Received Letter for Interview April 8th *nothing updated on USCIS website since July 7th when they received our packet. No email from CRIS regarding the letter being sent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi all,

I hope I'm doing this right. I'm a newbie (actually a sad newbie :crying: ) Today my husband had his interview in Casablanca. After 5 hours he was given the proverbial "kiss of death" as he was handed his passport. The letter reads as follows:

"This office regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible to receie a visa under the following section(s) of the Immigration and Natinality Act. The information contained in the paragraphs marked with "X" pertain to your visa application. Please disregard the unmarked paragraphs."

The section that was checked was - "OTHER: We need to review the documents you presented during your interview. We will contact you when we hare finished with our review."

Now, I can understand needing to check the information but my husband told me that this woman would not even look at a single piece of paper that was presented to her. In the paperwork my husband included emails from me, my mom and my daughter, emails, cell phone bills, skype logs everything. Before he left, he was told this could take MONTHS! :blink:

Has anyone else come across this problem? If so, how long did it take for them to get back to you? Was it really "months"?

This waiting is really beginning to suck! The frustration level is reaching an all time high! LOL We just want him home!

Thanks!

Wow, this is too bad. After having to go through the long wait for the CSC to be told this at the interview is heartbreaking. I can only think, especially with the fact that they did not really look at the documents, that the additional review is more of a requirement in North Africa or the Middle East, and not just to single out your fiance specifically. I remember reading something similar about someone from Egypt who had to wait for further review after the interview. As discouraging and frustrating as this must be, you've already proven your committment to each other by making it this far - that strength is enough to carry you the rest of the way until he is home with you finally. God Bless.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

sorry to hear that!

IMHO, sounds like something in his background or someone similar has come up negative or needs further investigation. It doesn't look like it had to do with relationship matters

good luck :thumbs:

comicirsaudit.jpg

Timeline
sorry to hear that!

IMHO, sounds like something in his background or someone similar has come up negative or needs further investigation. It doesn't look like it had to do with relationship matters

good luck :thumbs:

Hi there!

Thanks for you kind words! I honestly know that it has nothing to do with his background. He's never been married, in trouble with the law or had any other trouble. I'm afriad it has to do with the short amount of time from when we were introduced by his brother until we were married. I have only been able to go to Morocco the one time for 10 days. On the 9th day, we were married! After the lady had those dates, the interview was over. It's so crazy but I know we will make it through this, just need to know if I should do anything because (I forgot this part in the original post) The i-129F Approval is due to expire 5/14/08 YIPES!!

Hi all,

Thanks!

Wow, this is too bad. After having to go through the long wait for the CSC to be told this at the interview is heartbreaking. I can only think, especially with the fact that they did not really look at the documents, that the additional review is more of a requirement in North Africa or the Middle East, and not just to single out your fiance specifically. I remember reading something similar about someone from Egypt who had to wait for further review after the interview. As discouraging and frustrating as this must be, you've already proven your committment to each other by making it this far - that strength is enough to carry you the rest of the way until he is home with you finally. God Bless.

You may be right!! I hope you are. If not, I'm sure everything that has been submitted will be proof enough! Thank you for your reply!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

so sorry to hear that (F) hope they get it fixed soon

(CHECK MY PROFILE INFORMATION FOR COMPLETE SIGNATURE)

August 19, 2006 VISA ON HAND!!!

September 5, 2006- POE @ SFO

September 8, 2006- Applied for SSN

SSN arrived more than a month after.. GRRR!!

November 8, 2006- MARRIED @ San Francisco City Hall

November 21, 2006- Received official marriage certificate

Dec. 19, 2006- sent out AOS

Jan. 3, 2007- Cashed cheques for AOS and EAD

March 15, 2007- AOS interview; APPROVED!!

March 23, 2007- Welcome letter/notice received from mail

March 27, 2007- GREENCARD

Sept 5, 2007 - my first anniversary in the U.S

Jan 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 removal of conditional residence status

Feb 2, 2009 - Package mailed 10:22 AM at Laguna Niguel, CA (CSC)

Feb 5, 2009 - Check cashed

Feb 26, 2009 Biometrics

The Newlyweds: DJ and PRINCESS

watch clearer version[/color]

mylove.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Casa works like this alot, not looking at anything, maybe get your state rep involved now to find out whats going on. You dont want it returned only to expire like mine, find out a little more and get back with me.....it wont expire..on the k3 but if it gets returned it can take forever to get reviewed

Edited by brnidokiegurl

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

it a happen to me too they toke all the correspondence and give me the seem peper marked on it we will review the correspondence u provided and we will follow up with u

Casa works like this alot, not looking at anything, maybe get your state rep involved now to find out whats going on. You dont want it returned only to expire like mine, find out a little more and get back with me.....it wont expire..on the k3 but if it gets returned it can take forever to get reviewed

Timeline

I took your advice and faxed a the proper documents to the Senator's office yesterday. I called to confirm the fax and was told they would get back to me in 2 weeks (as soon as they assign my case to the correct case manager) I also wrote a letter to the Consulate, not that I'm expecting anything in return from them but I figure every little bit helps. Thanks again for your suggestion!

Timeline

I was able to find out a little bit more information on my situation. My husband told me that at first, there was a green paper that was "attached" to his passport. Once the lady asked her questions about the length of time we've known each other and how many times I've been there she took the green paper from the passport, gave him his passport and gave him that ugly white paper that I mentioned in my first post. The (other - we need to review the documents you submitted during your interveiw) one.

I've been reading the board like crazy and although I already knew the answer, I wanted to confirm that they would not be sending his papers back to the U.S. but the consulate would be doing this in-house. I think that's a good thing.

If anyone has been through this before, can you please give an estimate on how long this "might" take.

I love reading these posts but I think that sometimes, I'm driving myself crazy. This has become quite an obsession me. I (like so many others) just want my husband here. (heavy sigh)

Thanks in advance for any additional input on this matter

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
it a happen to me too they toke all the correspondence and give me the seem peper marked on it we will review the correspondence u provided and we will follow up with u

Yes I know how it is when going through Casa. My husband and I had the same trouble. For us everything worked out and he is here with me now. They sure had us sweating bullets for a while, we didnt know what was going on. Good luck to all going through Casa, and you have my wishes.

IR1-CR1 Visa (I-130)

03-19-06 sent

03-30-06 NOA 1

04-06-06 *touched*

07-14-06 *touched*

08-02-06 *RFE*

08-07-06 *touched*

08-08-06 *touched*

08-16-06 Mailed RFE for marriage certificate of foreign language

08-23-06 Received RFE

08-24-06 APPROVED.... FINALLY...YES

09-01-06 Recieved Approval through USPS

K-3 Visa (I-129f)

05-18-06 sent

05-24-06 NOA1

05-27-06 *touched*

06-03-06 *touched*

07-03-06 *touched* *RFE*

08-02-06 Mailed RFE

08-04-06 RFE Recieved

08-17-06 *touched*

08-24-06 Another RFE sent. How much longer now, what else could they possibly need this thime

08-31-06 Recieved RFE was mailed to old address even though new one was updated in the computer

09-01-06 Mailed RFE

09-07-06 Recieved RFE

09-09-06 *touched* come on already and approved it...lol

09-12-06 APPROVED....YEAH!

09-13-06 *touched*

11-02-06 Interview date

N.V.C. I-130

09-07-06 Case recieve at NVC sent out first packet

N.V.C. I-129f

09-19-06 Case recieved at N.V.C. and assigned a case. Said embassy will recieve in 2-4 weeks as soon as security checks clear.

09-21-06 Case sent to Casablanca

6/22/06 - 7-26-06 I leave to Morocco to see my wonderful husband again. I cant wait I'm so excited.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.