Rocketta

Non-Muslims married to Muslim MENA

463 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I'm not defensive because of my marriage. I'm sick of people coming here making claims they can't support. I also said that if you turned away from Islam because of me, that would be Allah's will, not something for me to take credit for. And I only said that because you alluded to some responsibility I had toward you.

As for the rest, I seriously have no idea why you think I am insulting you. I don't recall you coming to me for help learning about Islam before now. Enlighten me as to what I haev done to offend you and how my asking you to reveal your position and why you hold that it constitutes a burden on you.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I have been a convert to Islam for about a year now. I studied Islam for years before I made my decision. There is no doubt in my mind it will take the rest of my life to begin to understand everything and even then, I don't think it is possible. I do my best to read the Quran, fatwas, islamic sources, ask questions of real live Imams in mosques, consult my husband and his sources there, books on Islam and the prophet (pbu) and I studied classical arabic, full time, for years. In other words, I can translate the quran, for the most part, by myself, without anyone's help. I will admit that if I don't get an exact point, then I refer to the translation and I bought an enlish/arabic quran that contained explanations for when and why that verse may have been revlealed. I do my best. That is all God expects of me. Over time, inshallah, I hope to become better.

One problem I have run into is judgement by muslim born women. They assume they are better than me because they were born into their religion. They look down on me. I do my best to ignore this. At least I know I made an informed choice about my religion and didn't just go with what my parents told me. Everyone should be confident that their religion is what is closest to their hearts. I was raised Christian, yet I always held doubts and when I asked pointed question, they never got answered. I got to the point I stopped going to church or reading the bible. I just prayed and chose to believe in God. Then I found Islam and felt the peace in my heart. So it hurts me when people claim to be more knowledgeable and better than me just because they are muslim. If you know something I do not, don't make insults at me, or try to make me feel like a horrible person. You should instead be kind and take the opportunity to point out your views and the evidence for that. No one is ever convinced of their wrongs when they are attacked in such a rude way.

I am an open person and always wanting to learn more about my religion. Up to this point, I had not found any evidence supporting that it is okay for muslim women to marry non-muslim men. I know two muslim women married to non-muslim men that both told me what they did is haram. Every muslim I have ever known has told me it is haram. Virtual wife, you are the very first person I met that contradicted that. I don't say you are wrong. In fact, you never asked me why I believed the way I did or give me a chance to defend myself. You just started attacking me from ONE sentence. If you have evidence to present that might change my views than present it in a clear way that is not agrressive or judgemental of who I am. As a good muslim, you should gently correct, not go on the attack and discourage a new convert to Islam.

Though I am sure you know this story, it is a good example of how the prophet (pbuh) corrected people of even the most grave errors:

Anas ibn Malik reports: “God’s messenger was sitting in the mosque with some of his companions when a Bedouin urinated inside the mosque. The Prophet’s companions said: ‘What is going on?’ ‘What are you doing?’ The Prophet said to them: ‘Do not interrupt him.’ He subsequently called the man and said to him: ‘These mosques are not the place where one can throw any dirt, urine or stools. They are meant for reciting the Qur’an, glorifying God and prayer.’ He then called for a bucket of water and he poured it over the urine.” (Related by Al-Bukhari, Muslim, Al-Nassaie, Malik and Ahmad).

Please, if you feel the need to defend your belief, this is fine, but do not attack me in such a way. I hope to only learn more about Islam and not be looked down for not being muslim as long as others, or because I am not arab.

s and s convert muslim women isnot less than born muslim women cause simply converted women who she choose islam by her desire and not obyed her parent to follow islam whil she is young

some waek muslims just attack and insult any one try to seeking knowldge

u asked vw for evidence but cause she dont has it and she know she was wrong and dont like addmit it so she just attack poeple who try to tell her truth

any good muslim should be gentle and discuss the matters and ask for evidence and when he/she knew he is wrong he have to addmit that

no one is perfect just prophet (SAW) we all can think wrong or do wrong. attack and insult is virtual wife way always here . we let her to Allah punishement

here is ayats from quran

6179. Do not marry [your daughters] to idolators [mushirkin] until they believe in Islam

..... And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al-Mushrikun** till they believe in Allah alone and verily a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushrik, even though he pleases you....[2:221]

** Al-Mushrikun=>Pagans, idolators, polytheist and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah and in His messanger Prophet Muhammad SAW) - [[6]]

Islam considers the husband head-of-the-family and therefore requires that a Muslima cannot marry a non-Muslim because she will be under the authority of a non-muslim husband. He may prevent her from carrying out her religious obligations by either pressuring her or physically abusing her. But it is not the sole reason for imposing the restriction. The situation is considered very damaging for the woman to practise Islam afterwards and even worse for the kids in such marriages. There are NO conditions mentioned under which a Muslim woman IS allowed to get married or remain married to a non-Muslim husband after she has accepted Islam. Therefore, even if she has freedom to practise Islam after marriage, she is NOT allowed to enter into an inter-faith marriage

[… Nor marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe: A man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever, even though he allures you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the Fire. But Allah beckons by His Grace to the Garden (of bliss) and forgiveness, and makes His Signs clear to mankind: That they may celebrate His praise] (Al-Baqarah 2: 221

And give not (Muslim women) in marriage to idolaters until they believe [al-Baqara 221]

Therefore, it is not allowed for disbeliever to marry a Muslim woman. Allah also says,

They (Muslim women) are not lawful for them (the disbelivers) nor are they (the disbeliever) lawful for them [al-Mumtahana 10]

O ye who believe! When believing women come unto you as fugitives, examine them. Allah is best aware of their faith. Then, if ye know them for true believers, send them not back unto the disbelievers. They are not lawful for the disbelievers, nor are the disbelievers lawful for them] (Al-Mumtahinah 60: 10).

And He said concerning the immigrant Muslim women: "Then if you know them to be Believers, do not send them back to the unbelievers. They are not lawful for them (as wives), nor are they lawful for them (as husbands)." (Al-Mumtahanah: 10)

AFTER all this ayats what u need more to know you are wrong virtual wife

only devile who insist on worng while he know it is right

thats evidence from quran as u asked for and if u stil deny it that will be your problem and you will be really need help

Allah forgive you ameen

Timeline
The marraige islamically is most important and it does include a contract rather its not registered at the court and they only need that if anything happened they can have the support of legal action.... other than that its a normal valid marraige.... There was no court during the times of the prophet peace be upon him. They will get it registered in America then it wd be LEGAL marriaige according to the law.

There were courts and registered marriages at the time of the Prophet. If not, where is the precedent for Islamic courts and jurists to regulate practice? If urfi marriages are so Islamically valid, then why doesn't Egypt recognize urfi without requiring registration and legalization of the contract?

If you are willing to follow non-Muslim laws in the US to get a visa, why are you willing to fabricate God's laws in a Muslim country so you can try to justify carnal knowledge without the protection of rights and responsibilities in a valid marriage?

Hell's bells, have your rolls in the hay for all I care. That's between you and Allah. Just don't come here to try to pass it off as halal; that lie taints all of Islam and all Muslims. Keep your sins to yourself instead of broadcasting them here. Urfi doesn't equal Islamic, and you all know it. If you don't, that's plain old pathetic. Muslims of honor don't try to do an end run around the validity of marriage in our faith.

I ask again, why do ME Muslims consider non-Muslim law worth following when it suits their purposes, but the law of their own Muslim countries are not worthy of their adherence when ignoring it suits their purposes?

Do you plan to come to US and ignore the laws that are inconvenient for you here too?

you just want to attack poeple when they say the truth shame on you

and thats not your bussniess if they ignore us laws or not. your arenot to judge any body

Timeline

They (Muslim women) are not lawful for them (the disbelivers) nor are they (the disbeliever) lawful for them [al-Mumtahana 10]

And give not (Muslim women) in marriage to idolaters until they believe [al-Baqara 221]

will u deny this holy ayats too?

you what you will be called in islam law if u denied it?

i think you are mature enough to know what you will be called?

Filed: Timeline

Mohamed

I have very good news for you....Most muslims in the United States do not think like her on any level.Virtual Wife may have some legal basis for some of the things she says, but in the end if you did the very best you could to follow Gods law and you tried your hardest including marrying in the masjid ,God (Allah) is compassionate and all knowing and forgiving as much as its hard for some people to let go and accept that.

Virtual Wife has opinions 50 years in the making and you wont change them. I think it was heinous for her to come on your thread last month and comment on your marriage and the way she has addressed you here is heinous as well...She was not in your shoes in Egypt. She was married in Morocco not Egypt and she cant possible know how impossible it can be to get legally married there.Its now more easy but for a long time last year it wasnt/.Algeria was impossible. We had to travel to another country...

Just please know you be welcome in the USA by Muslims here and Americans and even if you told your story to 200 imams, I doubt you will ever here one nasty patronising comment. Just leave her with her opinions and leave her alone. The reality is that most muslims here in the USA do not think like her and you will meet lots of welcoming ,fair and kind people

CHEERS

Mohamed

I have very good news for you....Most muslims in the United States do not think like her on any level.Virtual Wife may have some legal basis for some of the things she says, but in the end if you did the very best you could to follow Gods law and you tried your hardest including marrying in the masjid ,God (Allah) is compassionate and all knowing and forgiving as much as its hard for some people to let go and accept that.

Virtual Wife has opinions 50 years in the making and you wont change them. I think it was heinous for her to come on your thread last month and comment on your marriage and the way she has addressed you here is heinous as well...She was not in your shoes in Egypt. She was married in Morocco not Egypt and she cant possible know how impossible it can be to get legally married there.Its now more easy but for a long time last year it wasnt/.Algeria was impossible. We had to travel to another country...

Just please know you be welcome in the USA by Muslims here and Americans and even if you told your story to 200 imams, I doubt you will ever here one nasty patronising comment. Just leave her with her opinions and leave her alone. The reality is that most muslims here in the USA do not think like her and you will meet lots of welcoming ,fair and kind people

CHEERS

out of curiosity, if it's so ok to do that, why did you personally bother going to another country to get married? i've read numerous times how inconvenient it was for you, it cost you thousands of dollars, etc. why go to the trouble then?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

Mohamed

CHEERS

thanks Cheers it is very good to know there is real good american muslims there

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Actually, I wish you had given us evidence form the Quran or Sunnah. As it is, you have provided NO evidence from the sharia that directs Muslim women to marry only Muslim men. I doubt seriously that you have any understanding about what you have posted from websites; at least 2 of your cut and pastes advocate that there is no evidence against interfaith marriage for Muslim women, and most of it is from fiqh, which includes cultural sources, not sharia.

It is no challenge for me to debate with people who post from websites because they have no context or education in the faith beyond how their tribe has distorted the faith. I have explained the difference between fiqh and sharia. If you apply the difference, you would not be so confrontational toward me. Since the source of the "prohibition" is mortal, not divine, it is not haram for a Muslim women to marry an ahl al kitab man, it is makruh, as is marriage to non-Muslim women in the west.

That being said, if my marriage wasn't halal, then your relationship is not a marriage in Islam, and definitely not halal. You can't pick and choose what laws and sources you want to adhere to someone else when you refuse to apply the same standards and laws to yourself.

I am incredulous that Muslim men get all exorcised about who and how Muslim women marry, and at the same time, they follow their desires to bed and impregnant women outside of a valid marriage while making all kinds of excuses for doing so. There is no religious marriage in Islam without protection and enforcement. It is haram to make up Islam to suit yourself.

Claim as you may that you are religiously married; if you have to file for a K1, you are not, and no excuse about how hard it is to marry for real in Egypt makes for a justification for fornication and pregnancy without that protection. You may want to justify it, but unlike marriage between Muslim women and men of the Book, the Quran is clear about what is required for a valid marriage. People should just admit they did urfi and repent. Allah isn't interested in your excuses, only in your obedience to Him.

I think what is lost in debating whether or not marriage between a Muslim women and an al-kitab man is permissible, is whether or not the makruh is something Muslims should choose to or want to engage in anyway.

Edited by aisha kandisha

Timeline
s and s convert muslim women isnot less than born muslim women cause simply converted women who she choose islam by her desire and not obyed her parent to follow islam whil she is young

some waek muslims just attack and insult any one try to seeking knowldge

u asked vw for evidence but cause she dont has it and she know she was wrong and dont like addmit it so she just attack poeple who try to tell her truth

any good muslim should be gentle and discuss the matters and ask for evidence and when he/she knew he is wrong he have to addmit that

no one is perfect just prophet (SAW) we all can think wrong or do wrong. attack and insult is virtual wife way always here . we let her to Allah punishement

here is ayats from quran

6179. Do not marry [your daughters] to idolators [mushirkin] until they believe in Islam

..... And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al-Mushrikun** till they believe in Allah alone and verily a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushrik, even though he pleases you....[2:221]

** Al-Mushrikun=>Pagans, idolators, polytheist and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah and in His messanger Prophet Muhammad SAW) - [[6]]

Islam considers the husband head-of-the-family and therefore requires that a Muslima cannot marry a non-Muslim because she will be under the authority of a non-muslim husband. He may prevent her from carrying out her religious obligations by either pressuring her or physically abusing her. But it is not the sole reason for imposing the restriction. The situation is considered very damaging for the woman to practise Islam afterwards and even worse for the kids in such marriages. There are NO conditions mentioned under which a Muslim woman IS allowed to get married or remain married to a non-Muslim husband after she has accepted Islam. Therefore, even if she has freedom to practise Islam after marriage, she is NOT allowed to enter into an inter-faith marriage

[… Nor marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe: A man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever, even though he allures you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the Fire. But Allah beckons by His Grace to the Garden (of bliss) and forgiveness, and makes His Signs clear to mankind: That they may celebrate His praise] (Al-Baqarah 2: 221

Therefore, it is not allowed for disbeliever to marry a Muslim woman. Allah also says,

O ye who believe! When believing women come unto you as fugitives, examine them. Allah is best aware of their faith. Then, if ye know them for true believers, send them not back unto the disbelievers. They are not lawful for the disbelievers, nor are the disbelievers lawful for them] (Al-Mumtahinah 60: 10).

And He said concerning the immigrant Muslim women: "Then if you know them to be Believers, do not send them back to the unbelievers. They are not lawful for them (as wives), nor are they lawful for them (as husbands)." (Al-Mumtahanah: 10)

thats evidence from quran as u asked for and if u stil deny it that will be your problem and you will be really need help

Allah forgive you ameen

Ypu have the nerve to attack me as a western convert who knows nothing about the faith and spreads lies, then come on here and lie about me calling s and s a convert who knows nothing about Islam, which I didn't do?

You are a piece of work, bro!

You are the one who knows nothing. You come here and post HALF ayat to "prove" what you cannot prove. I love the lie by omission. It gives me a great chance to show how little you know about the Quran.

Let's take those ayah one by one and do them justice.

The complete ayah tells forbids men and women the same thing:

Do not marry unbelieving women (idolaters), until they believe: A slave woman who believes is better than an unbelieving woman, even though she allures you. Nor marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe: A man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever, even though he allures you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the Fire. But God beckons by His Grace to the Garden (of bliss) and forgiveness, and makes His Signs clear to mankind: That they may celebrate His praise. Q 221

You said that you have to leave out parts of the Quran to know the truth, so it serves your purpose to LEAVE OUT the part of this ayah that tells men not to marry pagans, idolators, polytheist and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah and in His messanger Prophet Muhammad SAW).

If you read your Quran, you would know that and if you had any respect for the word and its followers, you wouldn't try to hide the truth by hiding the ayah.

To claim that Islam requires women to be "under the authority" of a man is an insult to Islam and to the women who are adherents to it. You, a Muslim man, signed a contract in a lawyer's office and call it a religious marriage when you don't have the expertise to know if that lawyer drew up a valid, enforcebale contract and didn't bother to register it to protect you wife. And you claim to be qualified to be head of the household with what little you know about Islam?

Let me laugh :lol: then go on to your next error.

When you do not lie by omission, it is easy to see that what the women could not do, the men could also not do:

O ye who believe! When there come to you believing women refugees, examine (and test) them: God knows best as to their Faith: if ye ascertain that they are Believers, then send them not back to the Unbelievers. They are not lawful (wives) for the Unbelievers, nor are the (Unbelievers) lawful (husbands) for them. But pay the Unbelievers what they have spent (on their dower), and there will be no blame on you if ye marry them on payment of their dower to them. But hold not to the guardianship of unbelieving women: ask for what ye have spent on their dowers, and let the (Unbelievers) ask for what they have spent (on the dowers of women who come over to you). Such is the command of God: He judges (with justice) between you. And God is Full of Knowledge and Wisdom.

60:11 And if any of your wives deserts you to the Unbelievers, and ye have an accession (by the coming over of a woman from the other side), then pay to those whose wives have deserted the equivalent of what they had spent (on their dower). And fear God, in Whom ye believe.

Once again, the part in red is about what is required of men. You can't post that without revealing that the ayah also commands Muslim men to release their kuffar wives to the non-Muslims, for they are forbidden to the men as lawful wives. Umer, he would would become a Calioh and forbid marriage to Muslim men in non-Muslim lands, setting the precedent for the law against marrying non-Muslim women in the west, lost two of his wives to the non-Muslim enemy that day. He was not a Muslim woman.

After demonstrating that you know nothing of the Quran except what you post from websites, and that your ayah were only half-truths, culled to suit your need for lies, bro, you could use some help, bro.

Show me the ayah that says that signing an unregistered contract in a lawyer's office is halal, and part of Islamic tradition. At this time, your wife and son cannot inherit from you, do not have the basic protection that the law of your Muslim land would afford them. You didn't do thatfor them in Egypt, but you will do that in a non-Muslim country to obey its laws.

You have no respect for the Quran, you insult our intelligence and you have no support for your argument because you still don't know why your tribe has put words in Allah's mouth to make haram only for women what Allah made haram for both genders.

You are a waste of time to debate with.

Timeline

I think what is lost in debating whether or not marriage between a Muslim women and an al-kitab man is permissible, is whether or not the makruh is something Muslims should choose to or want to engage in anyway.

There's a lot of makruh to go around, including marriage between Muslim men and non-Muslim women, and unregistered contracts in a lawyer's office being passed off as "Islamic".

Mohamed

CHEERS

thanks Cheers it is very good to know there is real good american muslims there

A "western convert who doesn't know anything about Islam" comes in handy when they suck up to you, eh?

Timeline

Since you think that large letters make one more authoritative, let me indulge you.

I have appointments this morning with the scholars with ijaza that I work with. I'll come back this evening and see what other lies, insults, cut and pastes, and laughable omissions from the Word you have waiting for me tonight.

Timeline
[You have no respect for the Quran, you insult our intelligence and you have no support for your argument because you still don't know why your tribe has put words in Allah's mouth to make haram only for women what Allah made haram for both genders.

you know nothing about my marriage and how we did it to talk about it and judge it! you just want to change the subject to escape form the main topic about muslim women marry non muslim. thats not strabge on you . we know it is your way always. i will make duaa for you that Allah may guide you and forgive you

lol you are the one who i will waste my time to argue with u . i learned some thing TO NO ARGUE WITH AN AGNORANT

and since you know that Allah forbide it for both genders whay then you say it is Halal for women??????? :wacko::bonk:

Timeline
[You have no respect for the Quran, you insult our intelligence and you have no support for your argument because you still don't know why your tribe has put words in Allah's mouth to make haram only for women what Allah made haram for both genders.

you know nothing about my marriage and how we did it to talk about it and judge it! you just want to change the subject to escape form the main topic about muslim women marry non muslim. thats not strabge on you . we know it is your way always. i will make duaa for you that Allah may guide you and forgive you

lol you are the one who i will waste my time to argue with u . i learned some thing TO NO ARGUE WITH AN AGNORANT

and since you know that Allah forbide it for both genders whay then you say it is Halal for women??????? :wacko::bonk:

I know what you have said about it, and from that, I know you didn't marry in a masjid, as some here believe. It's not about changing the subject. The subject is halal marriage. You have been trying to tell me my marriage was haram, well, if you can dish it out, be prepared to take it when dished back to you.

I proved from the Quran that your argument against Muslim women marrying out is specious. You posted at least two articles that agreed with me coz you were paying so little attention to what you cut and pasted.

I will make dua for you. A Muslim man claiming "authority"over his wife should at least know the basics of Islam, and WHOLE AYAT from the Quran. I wish that for you, and soon.

I said it is not the ideal for Muslims to marry out. I said those that do need to marry by the sharia. Your argument was based on fiqh, not sharia, that's why you can't find a prohibition that applies only to women.

However, Allah does allow interfaith marriage under the correct circumstances, and since He has not forbidden this to Muslim women, it is incorrect to say it is haram, when Allah did not make it haram for them.

That is the simple truth.

Edited by Virtual wife

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

wow i hope i dont get confused trying to say something here my english as we all know is not fantastic.........any women that converts because she wants to ......not for marraige .......not because its required for any reason other than they have seen the truth of Islam......and love Islam is held in the highest respect if a muslim women thinks that she is better than a convert it is wrong on so many levels ........it is wrong to back bite......all of us are guilty of it to a point.......and hope that someone well tell us what we are doing so that we stop........but......here is the thing most converts are so respected .........because people that are born Muslim......learn Islam from their mothers knee up.......someone that converts in most cases try to and in a lot of cases are better Muslim than those of us that are born to it.......they do not just accept it because it is normal but study it.......and soak up the teachings of Islam and try to follow the path of Islam very straight and narrow path.......im probably not making a lot of sense but.......to most of us a convert is highly respected.......if u go to the mosque who do u see in most cases wearing proper hijab in the USA? the convert and yep im guilty of this what we call convertible hijab.......this means...in the mosque full hijab hair is covered .......walk out the mosque does not seem as important if some of our hair is showing........this is just small things that im talking about but in the end i think u can get my meaning.......also for a non muslim man to marry a muslim women he most convert simple as that.......there is not any way around it........man is head of the home......he helps his wife pray and do the things that she must in Islam .......he is the one that she goes to when she has questions .........how can he help guide her if he is not Muslim??????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.