travelphil

Are they doing it to make money

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Lansbury,

hopefully, i will get mine approved in few weeks. but it was a very painful process. I read some people even could not finish it. If enough of us chalange them, may be they will listen.

Why don't you call uscis once and tell them that you are concern about the pain they are causing in people's life. On the mean time, let me try if I can bring eough people/ideas to see if we can make an impact.

The difficult thing might not be to make ins listen to us but to make you shut up.

I have called the USCIS when I was doing my visa. However I chose to speak to them politely and voice my concerns backed by reasoned argument. Being rude, making stupid remarks about corruption actually places you below the level of the system.

I'll stick to my way, which resulted in the hold up on my I-130 being cleared the next day, what did you achieve?

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline
Don't know yet.But being nice did not help me so far. If you look at Delicia's list, you will notice so many nice people are waiting from aug, sep... not knowing what else to do.

Actually, not that many. I count 2 Aug filers and 6 Sept filers still waiting on a NOA-2. Perhaps one or two of them just hasn't updated their timelines. Definitely seems like both Service Centers are pretty much concentrated on Oct and Nov.

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Have any of you guys ever worked in a call centre?

YES, and even managed one for a while!! And your point?

Regardless of the job, customer service is customer service....

All im trying to sy is and which you will be more than experienced in having managed a call centre alot of agents will be very good but there is always an element that will not provide good support for the customer or do not seem to grasp the concept of customer service. i was not trying to say they can provide whatever support they want only that there is an element of this in any call centre. I think the problem we all have going into any kind of Immigration process is we all have heightened emotions and we have alot riding on the process and whilst we are customers we also have a responsibility also. im sorry if i was not clar with the point i was trying to make.

21-01-08 Found Sponsor UIL

12-02-08 Requested Affadavits of Bona Fide marriage from freinds

04-03-08 1st affadavit received

07-03-08 2nd Affadavit received

11-03-083rd Affadavit received

12-03-08 Our affadavit notarised

13-03-08 I-130 Posted DCF london Embassy

15-03-08 Application rejected (Rejection was due to lack of evidence of DW permission to work and live in the uk which they had already and eveidence we had been living in the country permanently for the last six months)

17-03-08 Re submitted I-130 and G-325a's DCF to london along with supporting evidence.

04-04-08 Credit Card Billed NOA1

05-04-08 Email received confirming File date 4th of April

09-04-08 Evidence received back along with Affidavit of bona-fide marriage

21-04-08 Applied for Police certificate from the Gardaí

31-05-08 Received Police Clearance from the Gardai

19-06-08 1400hrs sent application for Police clearance certs ACRO

19-06-08 1401hrs Realised i hadnt put in copies of bills and passport so posted them in a separate envelope

20-06-08 Received phone call asking for copies of bills and passport

28-06-08 Received ACRO police cert and RFE for Affadavits ####### see 09-04-08. Sent original affadavits

09-07-08 NOA2 Received :)109 Days from filing

11-07-08 Packet 3 Received

14-07-08 Posted DS-230 waiting on Birth Certificate (long)

11-08-08 Visa Interview APPROVED

12-08-08 Medical at 0850

19-08-08 Visa in hand

05-12-08 Arrive in Twin Cities (Provisional)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am a aug filer and not for 130 but for k1 faster right hahaha nope..........in most things when ur the customer u can go to another place that offers the same service if u dont like the one ur dealing with.......but with the visa process u dont have that option..........being nice is about the only option u have.......i have a feeling that if u tick off one of the people at csc it would be much like someone on this board ticking of someone.......we here are a close family......we might bicker....we might have an off day but get really crappy with one of us u gonna get an ear full .........i think at the service centers they might be close as well tick off one of them and an email is sent to anyone that might or could have ur case..........trust me im not advocate of csc and every time i call to find out why ours is late my mind says a lot of stuff but my voice and attitude is nice i dont want that email sent to who ever has my case or could get my case to make the process longer than it has been to date........if u wanna vent do it here but not to the people that hold ur life and future in their hands....................

Lansbury,

hopefully, i will get mine approved in few weeks. but it was a very painful process. I read some people even could not finish it. If enough of us chalange them, may be they will listen.

Why don't you call uscis once and tell them that you are concern about the pain they are causing in people's life. On the mean time, let me try if I can bring eough people/ideas to see if we can make an impact.

The difficult thing might not be to make ins listen to us but to make you shut up.

Since you just got the NOA1 in Jan., don't even worry about the NOA2 until at least July.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Lansbury,

I have called the USCIS when I was doing my visa. However I chose to speak to them politely and voice my concerns backed by reasoned argument. Being rude, making stupid remarks about corruption actually places you below the level of the system.

I'll stick to my way, which resulted in the hold up on my I-130 being cleared the next day, what did you achieve?

Yours is the only approach to take, the approach of the OP was juvenile

Filed: Timeline

Ok, I read all your replies. You all are suggesting that if someone is not happy with USCIS, they should keep it to them selves (or may be just use a forum like this to vent it out) but when we talk with uscis customer service we should be polite.

Reading at all the post before, I got a different idea. I thought people are very frustrated and lookin for a way to show it to USCIS. I was wrong. Let's move on.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline
Ok, I read all your replies. You all are suggesting that if someone is not happy with USCIS, they should keep it to them selves (or may be just use a forum like this to vent it out) but when we talk with uscis customer service we should be polite.

Reading at all the post before, I got a different idea. I thought people are very frustrated and lookin for a way to show it to USCIS. I was wrong. Let's move on.

You are right that people are frustrated about the delays. I think you are missing the point, however. There are ways to convey this to USCIS without accusing them of being corrupt. There are paths to legitimately investigate the process of your petition without throwing out the unjustified or supported accusations. The actions you took are not going to help anyone.

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Filed: Timeline

Hey my friend, nobody desagrees that we all get frustraded during the whole process and that we are suppose to let them know about our frustration, but I'm sure that there are many other paths to take besides being rude. You won't achieve your point acting like that, sorry! Let's be clever when we decide that we want to change the system, it doesn't help to accuse them of being corrupt. I have this feeling that you are proud of your behaviour, if that is the case, I feel embaressed for you and surely you're not making your point at all.

Take this advice and understand that patience is a gift and you will have to face it as your only choice right now, cause when you first filed for your pettition, as we all have, you must have had the information that the CR1 process usually take from 8 months to a year to finally get a visa. My husband and I are now waiting for 8 months and got frustraded and angry many times, but that's how it works and if you wanna change the system, at least try it being clever, not rude.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.