mnieto

apartment almost empty...

6 posts in this topic

OMG, I just kind of realized how concrete things are getting now....my car is sold, I've given notice on my flat, the flat itself is almost empty (except the fridge, I just came back from the grocery store... :blush: ), and my last day at work is June 18th. I can't believe that I'm really gonna leave my good ol' Munich for good in a couple of weeks from now...I would have never thought that I'd move so far away. Does anybody know that song "Things we do for love" ? That song just popped into my head now... :P

And I just can't believe that I will be a honest, married woman in 3 month from now... :o:D:blink:(L):ph34r::luv::lol:

......guys, I really can't wait to say " Yes, I do" and to promise gladly that I'll try to make him happy as long as we both shall live.

Sorry guys, I'm in a weird mood right now, sitting in this almost empty flat. I'm just looking forward SO much to my new life

07-25-07 petition sent

08-07-07 NOA1

01-23-08 NOA2, 182 days after filing

02-11-08 medical

03-04-08 interview in Frankfurt---approved!

03-11-8 Visa in hand --- what a heck of a procedure for this little sticker ;-)

06-16-08 flight to IAD

07-11-08 Wedding in Santa Barbara, CA

08-07-8 AOS package sent

08-10-08 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

08-14-08 check cashed

08-13-08 NOA1 for EAD,AP,AOS

09-03-08 Biometrics appointment

10-02-08 Case transferred to CSC

10-16-08 EAD and AP approved

01-26-09 AOS approved w/o interview

01-31-09 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED

02-11-11 Biometric Appointment for Removing of Conditions

Our Wedding Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahela07/OurWedding07112008

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

What you are feeling right now is so understandable!

I am sure my husband was also feeling a bit "weird" too at the realization that he was leaving everything behind to come to the US to be with me and to start a new life :luv: But at the end, USA also became his home and now anytime he visits Turkey he is also missing his home in the US! You will be fine ^_^

Welcome to the USA and I wish you many Blessings and Happiness in your future marriage and new home! (F)

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Thanks Mina! I guess the best way to describe the feeling is like when you're just about to board a rollercoaster....

exciting, fun, but scary , at the same time....

Oh, here's the song I was talking about!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVzRMlvi81k

07-25-07 petition sent

08-07-07 NOA1

01-23-08 NOA2, 182 days after filing

02-11-08 medical

03-04-08 interview in Frankfurt---approved!

03-11-8 Visa in hand --- what a heck of a procedure for this little sticker ;-)

06-16-08 flight to IAD

07-11-08 Wedding in Santa Barbara, CA

08-07-8 AOS package sent

08-10-08 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

08-14-08 check cashed

08-13-08 NOA1 for EAD,AP,AOS

09-03-08 Biometrics appointment

10-02-08 Case transferred to CSC

10-16-08 EAD and AP approved

01-26-09 AOS approved w/o interview

01-31-09 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED

02-11-11 Biometric Appointment for Removing of Conditions

Our Wedding Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahela07/OurWedding07112008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

lol.... i can't wait to feel thoses...

(eventho it might be less scary for me because i already did it once... and lived in temporary places for the last year and a half)

Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

yep, I know exactly what you mean... I just realised on the weekend that I've stopped full-time employment, and may not be fully employed again for upwards of six months icon_eek.gif

two weeks left for me here... a rep from Allied Pickfords is supposed to be coming round to look at everything tomorrow, so packing will soon be underway, and then suddenly, I'll be gone, and London will know me no more :(

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
OMG, I just kind of realized how concrete things are getting now....my car is sold, I've given notice on my flat, the flat itself is almost empty (except the fridge, I just came back from the grocery store... :blush: ), and my last day at work is June 18th. I can't believe that I'm really gonna leave my good ol' Munich for good in a couple of weeks from now...I would have never thought that I'd move so far away. Does anybody know that song "Things we do for love" ? That song just popped into my head now... :P

And I just can't believe that I will be a honest, married woman in 3 month from now... :o:D:blink:(L):ph34r::luv::lol:

......guys, I really can't wait to say " Yes, I do" and to promise gladly that I'll try to make him happy as long as we both shall live.

Sorry guys, I'm in a weird mood right now, sitting in this almost empty flat. I'm just looking forward SO much to my new life

Hi,

I know exactly how you feel. When I was preparing to move out of our apartment, I cried the last night. My husband had already moved to the US and we were playing the back and forth(every weekend) game for four months. Then, I gave up my full time job that I had for five years back in January(which I loved!) to take a part time job that would allow me to work remotely and so that I can see my husband more. I've been spending more time with him in the US but have to go back to Canada regularly. I feel like I'm living a double life sometimes....

Your mood is justifiable and understandable. It's not wierd- it's hard to give up everything.... but you have your wedding to look forward to. Enjoy the planning and good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.