Ahmed & Sue

Has anyone had to resubmit a current packet 3?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

This whole process is driving me crazy.

The embassy in Cairo called Ahmed last Sunday and told him they were going to send him new medical and police report records to complete because the other ones have expired. We were so excited. Well, he got packet 3 all over again. The entire thing. After a year of waiting in AP we have to complete the entire packet again-not only his paperwork, but mine too. This is so frustrating. More paperwork, more fees.

I have spent 3 days finding papers to complete my Affidavit of Support. He has went this week with very little sleep filling out papers, making appointments, and going to appointments besides teaching full time and doing english lessons every night. He wanted to wait until the weekend to do things, and I told him I am afraid if we wait too long they will forget about us again. He has caught a terrible cold in the process.

I just wanna cry. My only hope is that this will actually be the last of AP. I am hopeing this is not just another stall tactic. This whole process will wear you down.

Has anyone else had to resubmit packet 3, and if you did, how long did it take after you resubmitted the paperwork to hear something from the embassy?

Anyway, I guess I just needed to vent to someone who understands. Thanks for listening.

Sue

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
This whole process is driving me crazy.

The embassy in Cairo called Ahmed last Sunday and told him they were going to send him new medical and police report records to complete because the other ones have expired. We were so excited. Well, he got packet 3 all over again. The entire thing. After a year of waiting in AP we have to complete the entire packet again-not only his paperwork, but mine too. This is so frustrating. More paperwork, more fees.

I have spent 3 days finding papers to complete my Affidavit of Support. He has went this week with very little sleep filling out papers, making appointments, and going to appointments besides teaching full time and doing english lessons every night. He wanted to wait until the weekend to do things, and I told him I am afraid if we wait too long they will forget about us again. He has caught a terrible cold in the process.

I just wanna cry. My only hope is that this will actually be the last of AP. I am hopeing this is not just another stall tactic. This whole process will wear you down.

Has anyone else had to resubmit packet 3, and if you did, how long did it take after you resubmitted the paperwork to hear something from the embassy?

Anyway, I guess I just needed to vent to someone who understands. Thanks for listening.

Sue

OH MY GOSH.........what a nightmare!!!!

I hope that we are not in AP for a year!!!

I can't believe that you have been through all this...........I am just in shock..........

It sounds like a ridiculous mess-up and comedy or errors..............

I am praying for you guys.......

If you love me, then I have everything I need

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hey Sue,

I'm sorry I can't help you, haven't heard anything of anyone having to resubmit packet 3. And I don't even know what AP stands for :(

But I know there's a way you can get your case extended past those 4 months that the NOA2 is initially good for, if there's a reason the embassies and everyone doesn't process your case on time. I would have thought the same sort of recourse or consideration would be taken for things like medicals and police reports expiring.

If there was a filing fee in itself that you're having to pay again (but I don't think there is for the packet 3, is there? :() I would call the embassy and ask about it or complain some. Maybe there's a way they could waive it. But medicals and police reports, being separate from the government, I guess you do have to pay again even though it really sucks :(

I don't know what's happened that's pushed your case back but it sounds like it's been pretty bad. If I were you two I would just stay on them as much as you can. Keep calling if you have questions, keep inquiring if your case isn't moving. Have you (the USC) contacted your congressman or senator? This seems to have worked for a lot of people actually. Usually it sounds like it worked in getting the NOA2, so maybe it won't be too helpful now that it's out of the US, but it'd definately be worth a shot I think. Maybe Ahmed can write or contact a local official that represents him there?

Good luck :(

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Timeline

Yeah, I contacted my congressman. I have worked with the office since the beginning. The embassy gives them the same answer they give me. As for the fees, I don't have a problem with them. I guess I am just mainly worried this is another stall tactic, involving more time and money. I was really hopeing someone would write and say it happened to them, and everything worked out alright in the end.

I'm always looking for any words of encouragement.

Thanks, and I hope your visa journey is a fast one.

Sue

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I cannot help much but I have heard through my Ahmed that some of the people he knows have been asked for new Police reports and medical exams because the embassy is ready to issue visa and the ones they have on file have expired. The ones he knows was not asked to submit the entire packet three just the police and medical. But I am also sure he did not ask them about it. Did you email the embassy and ask why u received the entire packet 3 rather than just a leter requesting the police and medical as they told him on the phone? I would check before I did it all again.

I am sorry for what you have been through and what you are still going through.....I pray this will end with visa in hand soon.

Snowyater.........AP stands for Adminsrative Processing. It is a nightmare.

Good Luck....May God Bless You and comfort you in your journey.

Cheryl

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
I cannot help much but I have heard through my Ahmed that some of the people he knows have been asked for new Police reports and medical exams because the embassy is ready to issue visa and the ones they have on file have expired. The ones he knows was not asked to submit the entire packet three just the police and medical. But I am also sure he did not ask them about it. Did you email the embassy and ask why u received the entire packet 3 rather than just a leter requesting the police and medical as they told him on the phone? I would check before I did it all again.

I am sorry for what you have been through and what you are still going through.....I pray this will end with visa in hand soon.

Snowyater.........AP stands for Adminsrative Processing. It is a nightmare.

Good Luck....May God Bless You and comfort you in your journey.

Cheryl

I send some prayers out to you both in this difficult time.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Sue: This happend last month to my husband he received a phone call saying that he had to do the medical and police reports again. They did not request packet 3, but we were in AP for over 9 months. I think it happened to people that filed papers around the same time you and I did. My husband's interview was in June of 2007, we started our papers in 2006.

He redid his medical and police reports last month, and the consulate sent an e-mail confirming receipt of the new medical and police reports, but we have not heard anything since then.

In the same boat, Diana

Timeline

Jazzylatin,

I am hopeing since they are asking for the paperwork again this is a good sign. If they were not asking I would think that means they are not planning on doing anything with the case.

Before this I would have said just let things happen. However when I had called DOS the last two times they said the case had not had any new notes on it since December of last year. I have been writing anyone I can to try and make things happen. And yes, I agree with you, all of us waiting extremely extended time frames all had our interviews around the same time. Not sure if it was the same officer we all had or what. It is just extremely frustrating.

I hope you hear good news soon. Wouldn't it be great if we both got the visa's on the same day?

Take care,

Sue

And thank you everyone for all the support.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes it is soooo frustrating. But I think that since they asked again for these papers that it must be a good sign. It is also frustrating that there are people after us (not that I am not happy for them) that are getting their visas in less than a year. The system has improved for the new people, but has not caught up with us.

I hope that we both will be hearing something soon, keep me posted.

Thanks,

Diana

Timeline

That is the most frustrating part, Diana........the fact that the embassy has caught up with the new applicants, yet will still wait. And you are right, I am happy for every one of them. Every time I see a visa processed I am so glad. It lets me know at least things are happening there. I just wish some of the older cases would be given some consideration as well. It feels like our cases are dormant. If I knew our case was actually being given some attention, waiting wouldn't be so bad. But when I call DOS and they tell me there are no new notes on the case since the end of last year, I get really upset. That makes me think the file is at the bottom of the stack forgotten.

Thanks,

Sue

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.