flygirl

DCF and I-130 questions for Italy

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

Ciao tutti!

I am new to the forum. I am a usc living with my husband in Venice, Italy. I have established residence here in Italy but have maintained my job in the United States. Couple of questions for you wise ones out there...

Since I do go back to work once every couple of months, does anyone know if this will affect whether or not we will be able to dcf? I am planning on calling Rome on Monday but do they even still offer dcf in Italy?

Also, I am wondering how others went about getting a check, etc from a bank affilated with the US. Not sure where to start to look for that.

And final question...on the I-130 petition, where it asks for an address in the United States is it ok to put unknown? I have my address for tax purposes, etc as my parent's address in Indiana. However, my work and hopefully our future residence will be in Florida. (I usually stay with friends or hotels when I am there.)

Any other information you have that you can give a newbie will be appreciated!

Thanks! :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Since resdidency is such a varied definition by location, Rome will be your best answer.

Why do you need a check from a US bank? DCF payment requirements should be stipulated by the consulate

Put your permanent US domicile address on the I-130... unknown would be a bad answer.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Put your permanent US domicile address on the I-130... unknown would be a bad answer.
Correct, since the US citizen filing the petition MUST also provide an I-864 affidavit of support for the visa, US Domicile is a major consern.

US Citizen spouse/sponsor MUST provide an I-864, and I-864 REQUIRES that the US Citizen has maintained US domicile, and has been filing IRS returns while living abroad.

More here: http://travel.state.gov/pdf/I-864GenInfo-FAQ-Final.pdf

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

Thanks for the quick replies. Here in Italy to process the I-130 I have to send a cashiers check, money order or international bank draft in US dollars issued by a bank with a US affilation. So that is what I am wondering on how to go about that. If anyone in Italy can let me know where they went or where to start, it would be appreciated.

As for the address, I was concerned about putting my Indiana address when in fact we do not plan to live there. But I understand what you are saying about the fact that I would use that address on the I-864 (thanks for the link!)...but the I-864 is not sent with the I-130 petition...I was unsure what to put on the I-130 because it asks for "Address in the United States where your relative intends to live." Can I put "will establish in Florida"? I was just thinking that other dcfers would have the same problem if they had been living abroad and didn't have a residence in the US at the moment they filled out the petition. Just wondering what others have written. Maybe I am over thinking it but I don't want to make any mistakes.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.