debouy

INTERVIEW AT US CONSULATE LAGOS

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone!! My elder brother is USc and petitioned for his mom(or our mom) and now an imigrant visa interview has been scheduled for tuesday april 15th 2008 at u.s embassy ,lagos.

she had taken her medicals at kamorass clinic lagos.My question is

1.how much is she required to pay athe embassy that day.Someone says $400 or thereabout/

2.what are d likely questions she would be asked

3.what does she have to take along with her for the interview?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

If your broter was required to pay IV bills during the NVC process then your mother should not have to pay anything at the interview. The information should be included in the packets that were sent to her.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I can tell you what she should not take. Normal things in a handbag, make-up, powder, lotion, anything with a mirror. Also mobil phones, anything that has to do with electronics. No where in the packets does it say anything about it. If she should happen to get there and that those things she can either throw them anyway or pay people that are on the side that will hold it for you for a fee. Also they have a table there with chairs that they will charge you to sit on. Otherwise you stand in on dirt inside a square with alot of other people. Good luck :star:

Thanks for the advise.The packet received came from NVC .She's yet to receive anything from the U.S embassy in lagos.Howver,the NVc letter states that an immigrant visa interview had been arranged for her at 15th april 2008 at u.s embassy lagos and also directed her to take medical examination at kamorass clinic,lagos which she's done.

i will see to it that she doesnt take any of the aforementioned things on that day.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
My mother inlaw is in similar situation and has been wondering if anybody has information on questions asked during the interview.

[center][/center]Citizenship Journey

04/16/12: Package sent to TX LOckbox

Hurray!! She got the visa.She was given a blue letter indicating to come and pick up her visa next wednesday

However,no money was taken from her even though she had taken along $400 for the fees

she asked one of the embassy staff and was told no need.I am surprised.Does it mean they will collect the money when she come to receive her visa next week?

Thanks Guys for d advise!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hurray!! She got the visa.She was given a blue letter indicating to come and pick up her visa next wednesday

However,no money was taken from her even though she had taken along $400 for the fees

she asked one of the embassy staff and was told no need.I am surprised.Does it mean they will collect the money when she come to receive her visa next week?

Congratulations :)

If they did not take any money from her it means that all fees were paid by your brother when he was petitioning.

She should not have to pay anything when she goes to pick up the visa (from what I have seen), but, just have her take it with her just in case.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

Debouy,

Congratulations for your mother. I am very happy for you. Could you tell me the kind of questions they asked her Please? My mother inlaw will be going in next week. Thanks

[center][/center]Citizenship Journey

04/16/12: Package sent to TX LOckbox

Thanks Everyone!!1

She was asked who the petitioner is?

What was his primary schooll's name,secondary,university.

what was his first job in u.s and his present job.where he lived.

when was the last time he came visiting nigeria

pics of petitioner's dead father.

The consular marveled at the way she answered her questions that she laughed out and congratulated her.

Although,she asked where he presently works and since she couldnt promounce the name of the university where he lectured,she simply handed consular his complimentary card.at that point the consular laughed.

Hope it helps

Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS. :dance::dance::dance:

AOS Timeline......

03/10/2008 - Mailed AOS Appl.

03/13/2008 - NOA Notice Date.

03/15/2008 - NOA's for : I-485, I-131 & I-765

03/16/2008 - Case online.

03/22/2008 - Biometrics assigned date: 04/01/2008, Bio completed early .

03/24/2008 - AOS Touched.

03/27/2008 - RFE Letter : Dated.

03/31/2008 - RFE snail mail rec'd date ( EZ-864 / Missing birth certificate).

04/01/2008 - Mailed RFE response.

04/03/2008 - RFE document delivered to Lees Summit, MO @ 4:03 P.M:

04/07/2008 - AOS Touched, Current status: Response to rfe received, and case processing has resumed.

04/08/2008 - AOS Touched.

05/27/2008 - AOS Touched, received USCIS email indicated case transfered to CSC.

05/29/2008 - AOS Touched.

05/31/2008 - USCIS snail mail stating I-485 has been transferred to CSC to speedup processing.

06/03/2008 - Received email from CSC confirming reception of transferred I-485.

06/03,04,06 - Touched!

08/28/2008 - Green card rec'd in mail.

06/11/2008 - I-131 Approval email received.

06/13/2008 - Received I-765 card ordered email notification.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Outstanding story. Congratulations to you and your family, and may God bless you all.

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.