cad

What about going to school?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Guys,

So I have a question. We believe that our I130 will come in very soon. She will be able to stay in the U.S. and we will then file for her temp. work visa. My question is this, she is a nurse who is an RPN in Canada (Registered Practical Nurse) BUT she is only 10 CREDITS away from her RN (Registered Nurse) in the states, see the states don't have RPN's. Okay, so, when will she be able to go to college? Community college in our area is what she is looking at. She doesn't even know if she can get into the program until a year from Sept. but if she can get in THIS Sept. she would rather do it sooner then later. Does anybody know about working and which visa you need? Are we going to have to wait until we do our final visa (the perminent resident one?)!

Thanks guys!

Love in our Shared Experieces,

Casey

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Except in some states with additional requirements, most schools aren't terribly concerned with immigration status, but they don't typically allow students to enroll under the Visa Waiver Pilot Program, and may balk at B visitor visas. A K-category visa is perfectly fine to become a student.

For work permission, you'll need the I-765 to be approved.

Hi Guys,

So I have a question. We believe that our I130 will come in very soon. She will be able to stay in the U.S. and we will then file for her temp. work visa. My question is this, she is a nurse who is an RPN in Canada (Registered Practical Nurse) BUT she is only 10 CREDITS away from her RN (Registered Nurse) in the states, see the states don't have RPN's. Okay, so, when will she be able to go to college? Community college in our area is what she is looking at. She doesn't even know if she can get into the program until a year from Sept. but if she can get in THIS Sept. she would rather do it sooner then later. Does anybody know about working and which visa you need? Are we going to have to wait until we do our final visa (the perminent resident one?)!

Thanks guys!

Love in our Shared Experieces,

Casey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You will definitely need a SS# and if she doesn't have her green card yet she would be considered an out-of-state student which means you'll have to pay out-of-state tuition fees.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

when you say "you" will need a SS#, do you mean, ME (the U.S. Citizen) or my wife?

Also, one other question? So, our "I130" is being processed, but then our lawyer is giving us contradicting information - once it "comes in" he said that we will have to file papers to get her over still, that it takes "about two more weeks" but I asked him if this was for the sponsership and the tax returns, ect, and he said earlier "no, thats for a differen't visa" so I'm confused, when it comes through the CVC can she come over? Or do we need to send more papers? Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi,

when you say "you" will need a SS#, do you mean, ME (the U.S. Citizen) or my wife?

Also, one other question? So, our "I130" is being processed, but then our lawyer is giving us contradicting information - once it "comes in" he said that we will have to file papers to get her over still, that it takes "about two more weeks" but I asked him if this was for the sponsership and the tax returns, ect, and he said earlier "no, thats for a differen't visa" so I'm confused, when it comes through the CVC can she come over? Or do we need to send more papers? Thanks!

The SSN is needed for the imigrant who wants to study in US. Have she considered to revalidate her career in USA? Maybe she can avoid 1 year more of study and she'll work soon as she get her work authorization.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.