w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

'Millionaire's Tax' Could Fund NYC Mass Transit

77 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
you stated the millionaires would benefit from this transportation deal and that's why they should pay for it. so if everyone does not work for them, then how can they benefit? :whistle:

You're not following this at all, are you?

Millionaires are significantly more likely to be job-creators than a non-millionaire is.

Therefore, they are more likely to benefit.

Any sentence that uses the word 'likely' is in terms of probabilities. You're talking absolutes, which is not the point.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think I moved here? :whistle:

Anyone from the UK, which has one of the highest tax rates in the bloody world, would understand the benefit of taxing the rich. Whether they use something or not.

That's not really true. The UK doesn't have one of the highest tax rates in the world -

other European countries are MUCH worse.

I compared the rates before - see this thread (UK taxes vs US taxes).

Good discussion but

VAT 17.5%.

Local sales tax here is 5%.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

you stated the millionaires would benefit from this transportation deal and that's why they should pay for it. so if everyone does not work for them, then how can they benefit? :whistle:

Millionaires are significantly more likely to be job-creators than a non-millionaire is.

Any sentence that uses the word 'likely' is in terms of probabilities. You're talking absolutes, which is not the point.

Not to mention I highly doubt millionaires work alone. :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

so we've gone from:

This will make the millionaires even richer. And that's a good thing!

to:

keep moving them statements around, i've got plenty of nails to use on your feet.

eta - you did use an absolute in the first statement of This will make the millionaires even richer.

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Good catch.

Btw, according to our local news media (NYC media market), 4 out of 10 jobs in Manhattan are Wall Street related. They will make a killing if they can get more cheap labor from the boonies.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Good catch.

Btw, according to our local news media (NYC media market), 4 out of 10 jobs in Manhattan are Wall Street related. They will make a killing if they can get more cheap labor from the boonies.

it helps keep me awake :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Good catch.

it helps keep me awake :D

Glad I can help :)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Good catch.

How would they benefit from cheap labor? :wacko:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Good catch.

What, you think they like paying their IT guys six figures?

Timeline
Good catch.

What, you think they like paying their IT guys six figures?

I know I do - if they are good.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline
They could be just as good... at Scranton salaries. If that's all they can get.

If they are good, they are not going to work for anything less than a 6-figure salary.

If they are happy with $60k, they are #######.

Timeline
Your mind is stuck in the present.

You need to transcend it and look into a glorious future that awaits you. A future in which 60K will be the new 100K!

LOL

All for a measly three quarters of a per cent of my income?

Count me in, Troll!

Edited by mawilson