ray&belle

divorce papers

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys,,,im a newbie here in this site...and im starting to gather the requirements that we need for the papers(specifically K-I Visa)...and theres 1 thing that makes me confuse...my husband has been divorce 2 times...so we want to know if we really need the two divorce papers or just the last marriage that he has.....need some answer for this guyz....hope to hear from you...

Timeline
hi guys,,,im a newbie here in this site...and im starting to gather the requirements that we need for the papers(specifically K-I Visa)...and theres 1 thing that makes me confuse...my husband has been divorce 2 times...so we want to know if we really need the two divorce papers or just the last marriage that he has.....need some answer for this guyz....hope to hear from you...

Divorce papers from any previous marriage will need to be included with the petition .. good luck on your journey :blink:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

You will definitely need both of the divorce documents :)

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

You will need all marraige certificates and divorce papers for both marraiges.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You will need a legal decree showing that he was legally divorced from both ex spouses.

In Massachusetts it's called the decree absolute and you get it only after waiting.... waiting.... :lol: ask me how I know?

good luck to you!

timeline.jpg

Timeline

Divorce papers from any previous marriage will need to be included with the petition .. good luck on your journey :blink:

so how he could get that divorce papers because his maried before in Georgia while he was deployed there..& now his back to Oklahoma....do you have any idea guys how we could get that?because its a quite long trip going there and one more thing his so much busy for the drills and trainings for now...thnks guys for that info..

Timeline

I have recieved my packet 3 and in the documents it tells me to bring to the interview are all previous marraige certificates and all divorce papers.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

Timeline

I have recieved my packet 3 and in the documents it tells me to bring to the interview are all previous marraige certificates and all divorce papers.

Im not sure how it works there but here you would apply in the courthouse where the divorce was served.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

Timeline

The marriage certificates are not necessary for the petitioner. Just the beneficiary.

Chris has been married before (I haven't) and his decree absolute was all they needed.

Edited to add.... That's how it was in the US Embassy in London though.... In the Phillipines it could be different.

Edited by toshtishtash

Our K1 Journey

Now for AOS!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

When I needed mine and it was too far to travel, I called the courthouse. They told me exactly what to ask for, how much it cost, and where to send a check. I just mailed off the request and money and they mailed me the decree.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Both divorcee decree's are needed and need to be certified by the court where the divorce happened.

You do not have to go there, just pull up the link for that county and call the county clerks office and then you can send letter with name, date of divorce and a small fee (I just sent a letter with the information and the check). The divorce decree must be stamped by the COUNTY CLERKS OFFICE - mine only took 10 days max

Good Luck.

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

That is not correct. Marriage certificates are legal proof of name change for the petitioner and therefore they are needed for the initial petition IF the name on the petition does not match the birth certificate....

From the Guides....

13. Proof of Legal Name Change if either the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) is using a name other than that shown on the relevant documents. You must give USCIS copies of the legal documents that made the change, such as a marriage certificate, adoption decree or court order.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

so how he could get that divorce papers because his maried before in Georgia while he was deployed there..& now his back to Oklahoma....do you have any idea guys how we could get that?because its a quite long trip going there and one more thing his so much busy for the drills and trainings for now...thnks guys for that info..

You can always order online,just ask him what state and court did they file and what year.as for my fiance,i was the one who ordered online,i even emailed them.it only took 10days for them to have it delivered to him his divorce decree,it only cost him less than $20.

good luck :)

09/25/2005 - Date when I filed for Declaration for Nullity of Marriage (Manila RTC)

01/04/2007 - Met my Fiance on MySpace.com

05/04-12/2007 - First visit

07/16/2007 - Pre - Trial hearing

10/05/2007 - First hearing

01/11/2008 - Decision granted

02/13/2008 - Court released the finality

02/22/2008 - Sent my fiance all the docs needed to file for a K-1

03/12/2008 - Received the docs that i sent him

03/13/2008 - I129F sent to CSC

03/14/2008 - I129F delivered at CSC signed for by E.Galindo at 11:10AM

03/20/2008 - Check cashed

03/21/2008 - NOA1 received thru mail

3LITRNoT3D_3tsZokYfsalAky26jxC9h.jpg

4389.gif

4407.gif

Timeline

For name change purposes yes. But the petitioner is male...

I'm just saying how it was for me. I have never been married therefore have no marriage certificates. Chris has been but his divorce decree is all they needed. They did not need his marriage certificate.

Edited by toshtishtash

Our K1 Journey

Now for AOS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well I do have divorce papers but no marriage certificate as it was requested by the court when i requested the divorce :whistle::blink:

(F)

Laurence

10/15/2007 NOA1

04/29/2008 RFE by email

05/03/2008 RFE hard copy received

Reply to RFE sent 05/05/2008

RFE received at CSC 05/06/2008

NOA2 05/15/2008

NOA2 hard copy 05/19/2008

Packet 3 received 06/09/2008

Packet 3 completed and sent 06/10/2008

Medical 06/11/2008

Packet 3 received @ Embassy 06/12/2008

Packet 4 07/03/2008

Interview 07/17/2008

POE 07/31/2008

Wedding 08/08/2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.