crashandcari

rescheduling biometrics

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

we received our NOA scheduling Crash's biometrics.. but as luck would have it.. the date is for when we will be away on vacation. there is a "request for rescheduling" option that we can check and send back to get a new date. just wondering if anyone knows how long that takes? thanks

sig1-1.gif

Crash (UK) and Cari (NYC) Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in LOVE

July 17, 2005 - HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE - OUR WEDDING DAY!!!!!

I-130

8/8/05 - sent I-130 to Vermont

8/18/05 received NOA!!

9/9/05 I-130 APPROVED!!

2/13/06 CASE COMPLETE per NVC - got letter on 2/25/06

3/28/06 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR 5/2/06 @ 10:30 A.M.

Medical scheduled for 4/10/06 - everything went great!!

5/2/06 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED !!

5/20/06 - Crash came home to NY for good!!

2.png

I-751

3/24/08 sent in petition to VSC

3/25/08 FedEx confirmed-package received

3/28/08 check cleared bank

3/31/08 received NOA1-extension (dated 3/25/08)!!

4/7/08 received NOA2-biometrics appt (dated 4/3/08)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When I had my last biometrics about 2 years ago, the appointment came in two days before we were to leave for Christmas holidays and were scheduled for the day before we were to return. I requested another date - actually hand-delivered the request to the ASC along with copies of our flight itinerary and tickets, to make sure it didn't get lost in the Christmas mail. The new biometrics appointment was scheduled for about 5 weeks later. I had about 2 weeks notice. I think it will depend on how far in the future your ASC schedules appointments.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What does the NOA say? Is it a mass thing like AOS was where if you missed the appointment, you could come any Wednesday after that date until the notice expired 2 months later? Or was this a one day specific appointment?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

we received our NOA scheduling Crash's biometrics.. but as luck would have it.. the date is for when we will be away on vacation. there is a "request for rescheduling" option that we can check and send back to get a new date. just wondering if anyone knows how long that takes? thanks

I have not rescheduled. I am in Pittsburgh-might be dif in other centers, but

since I have a lawer, they sent NOA2 to my home and to lawers address. Lawer has forwarded NOA2 (the same biom appointment letter-actually my was copy and his original, I think) to me and in his letter it was stated that

I do not need to re-schedule appointment if I cannot make it that day. I just need to come to center for fingerprints any Wendsday from XXXam-XXpm. I do not remember time and not 100% sure it was about Wend (90% sure) since I could make it to center anyway.

So, I guess they do set aside some time everyweek for folks who could not make fingerprints the scheduled day. You migh just ask at fingerprint center (in Pittsburgh it is at the dif location then USCIS)

Karina and Tomy

Hi all,

Cari - How long is your piece of string today? :P Wish I had some facts for you, but hopefully some others will post their data.

The reason for replying was to say to the other folks who replied ... fer Gawd's sake, don't miss yer appointment! :o

The Biometrics NOA I received from the TSC last week states in capitals the following,

"PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER AT THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED.

IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED."

I think that's fairly clear. ;)

As mentioned by Cari, the Biometrics NOA does have a 'Request For Rescheduling' section. It has a little box to tick (check) and the following,

"Please reschedule my appointment. Upon receipt of your request, you will be provided with a new appointment notice. Make a copy of this notice for your records, then mail the original with your request to USCIS DALLAS, blah blah etc.

Mail a copy of your request to the service center where you filed your I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence."

So that's what I would do, rather than blowing another $545 on starting the I-751 again! :)

All the best,

Sheila

Edited by Tex'n'Brit

All the best,

Sheila

(AKA Brit)

=======================================

Jun 01-2005: I-129F is at TSC

Sep 21-2005: K-1 Visa!

Oct 16-2005: Moved To DFW!

Oct 23-2005:
Wedding!

Mar 09-2006:
Green Card!

Mar 07-2008: I-751 (Lifting conditions) sent

Apr 17-2008: Biometrics Appt

Hi all,

Cari - How long is your piece of string today? :P Wish I had some facts for you, but hopefully some others will post their data.

The reason for replying was to say to the other folks who replied ... fer Gawd's sake, don't miss yer appointment! :o

The Biometrics NOA I received from the TSC last week states in capitals the following,

"PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER AT THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED.

IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED."

I think that's fairly clear. ;)

As mentioned by Cari, the Biometrics NOA does have a 'Request For Rescheduling' section. It has a little box to tick (check) and the following,

"Please reschedule my appointment. Upon receipt of your request, you will be provided with a new appointment notice. Make a copy of this notice for your records, then mail the original with your request to USCIS DALLAS, blah blah etc.

Mail a copy of your request to the service center where you filed your I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence."

So that's what I would do, rather than blowing another $545 on starting the I-751 again! :)

All the best,

Sheila

I had the same statemnt "PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER AT THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED.IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED."

I would agree with Sheila and would play safe on your place (reschedule and no headache-you are stressed even now; can imagine how you would feel if you miss apptmt). However, I am sure that my lawer knows the procedures better (but in regards to Pittsburgh office)-if I would not be able to make it, I would follow what my lawers stated. (plus, a few years back in maryland, i could not make it that day (as far as I remember it was not fingerprints but pictures for some other application -since all my paper work always been done by lawers, I have not even paid attention to details till now) and just simply came the following week without any problem (but still, as far as I remember, I have called directly the biometrics center and they told me what day of any week I can come if I missed appointment). I think quite a lot of people cannot make it to fingerprints at specified day (and it is not like interview when officer has to reserve her/his time that day). Our Pittsburgh office is always empty (whole procedure 10 min max).

Karina and Tomy

letter from my lawer- It states that I can make fingerprints on any Wen but have only 87 days to do so if I cannot make it on specified day. hope it helps. looks like they take walk-ins on Wen.

Karina and Tomy

letter from my lawer- It states that I can make fingerprints on any Wen but have only 87 days to do so if I cannot make it on specified day. hope it helps. looks like they take walk-ins on Wen.

I appreciate you passing on the info, r-a. :)

Your lawyer may well be right about that particular biometrics center in Pittsburg. However, if it was me I would definitely follow the instructions on the USCIS notice instead, specially when the warning is so clear and specific. (BTW, I'm glad your lawyer sent you the original because you'd have needed that to reschedule the official way.) After all, if a lawyer happens to get it wrong, (and it has sadly happened to some VJ'ers) it's not the lawyer or their spouse that has to suffer the consequences. Have you ever tried suing a lawyer?? :blink:

If I couldn't mail in the reschedule request for some reason, I would first try to call the number on the notice (1-800-375-5283) for help. I might also try to contact a supervisor at the appropriate center about it too.

Anyway, Cari - enjoy your vacation!! :thumbs:

All the best,

Sheila

All the best,

Sheila

(AKA Brit)

=======================================

Jun 01-2005: I-129F is at TSC

Sep 21-2005: K-1 Visa!

Oct 16-2005: Moved To DFW!

Oct 23-2005:
Wedding!

Mar 09-2006:
Green Card!

Mar 07-2008: I-751 (Lifting conditions) sent

Apr 17-2008: Biometrics Appt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.